Anyone know what I did?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know what I did?

I checked an option somewhere that puts a green mark on your map where the mob you are targeting is. It'll mark a whole area if it's a mob that can be in an entire area. This makes my game have a seizure. Thing is - I don't remember where this option is. I don't remember if it was a Blizzard option or some addon that I have. Either way, I've searched and can't figure it out. If anybody knows what I'm talking about and can help me to turn it off, I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
    80 Tauren Hunter - 75 Blood Elf Paladin - 54 Tauren Druid - 47 Undead Mage - 25 Dwarf Paladin - 26 Human Mage

I know carbonite has such a function for quests
    80 Dwarf Hunter -80* Dranei Paladin - 50 Gnome Mage - 21* Gnome Warlock - 40* Night Elf Druid

* = Leveled with zygor
    Server : Executes EU

Comment

When I did this I didn't have carbonite. I barely got carbonite and tbh, I don't even see a difference in my game at all with it so I'm not even sure it's working. But yeah, did this long before carbonite. Thanks, though.
      80 Tauren Hunter - 75 Blood Elf Paladin - 54 Tauren Druid - 47 Undead Mage - 25 Dwarf Paladin - 26 Human Mage

Comment

This is part of a waypoint found in TomTom. If you find you have no green dot you may want to mouse over the viewer, click back one step, then back to the step you were on.
        Another possible reason is the guide is taking you out of your current zone.
        "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Hmm. Well, I don't have TomTom. Also the green can cover the entire minimap depending on what I'm targeted on. If there are multiple mobs of that kind in that area it will do this. I do remember a specific setting to show on the minimap. I'm gonna go in game now and try to look through all the map settings. At least now I know it's not a Blizzard thing. Thanks all for your input.

EDIT: The addons that I have that affect the map are:

* Cartographer
          * Quest Helper
          * Handy Notes

EDIT2: I found out what it was! It just suddenly hit me about some of quest helper's options having to be access through a slash command. So I thought maybe that's why I wasn't finding it. So, sure enough, when I did the command to show all the options, there it was: RADAR - Display a guess of your current target's location on the minimap. I had went through the quest helper options that -are- on the map and couldn't find it.
          I guess naming the map addons helped. Thanks!
          Last edited by crownedwithgrace; January 9, 2010, 08:50 PM. Reason: Added info

Comment

Working...
          X