Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Humans

Humans...

I've created a couple humans or so now and I'm thinking they're among the weaker races. I wanted to ask if you guys think the same. I made a human pally and it seemed like she ran lower on health and she went through mana so much faster. I ended up deleting her after seeing the dwarf pally was much better in these areas. Now, I've made a few warriors - a human, a gnome, and an orc. I've already deleted the gnome. I'm finding the orc is pretty tough and for once I'm beginning to have fun with a warrior. I've never liked playing them. But I wanted one on the alliance side, too. Going from the orc warrior to the human warrior, I see a big difference. Whereas my orc can fight several mobs at once, the human almost dies even with 2.

Is this just coincidence or are humans a bit on the weaker side? Also, what ally race would be best for a warrior?
    80 Tauren Hunter - 75 Blood Elf Paladin - 54 Tauren Druid - 47 Undead Mage - 25 Dwarf Paladin - 26 Human Mage

I'd say to truly know how different they are you'll have to try a human and another race but make sure they're equally geared as the gear can sometimes play an important role in these things. I'd suggest trying the dwarf or draenie.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I was thinking of making a dwarf warrior. I really like dwarves and they seem to be pretty tough no matter what class I make and I just flat-out do not like draenie. So, I'll give the dwarf warrior a go. As far as gear goes, I can see that making a difference but I'm not sure I used anything but the gear that was in the areas where I was. I don't know but thanks for the advice. I'll try the dwarf. I wanted a human (they make the girly side come out as they look like a doll lol) but I haven't liked any class I've tried. Thanks again, cabby.

EDIT: Made a dwarf warrior. Liked it but didn't want to go through all those beginning levels again. Went back to the human warrior, got her some better armor and a better weapon. She seems better but... I don't know. I want a human but nothing is satisfying me. I think I need to return to my NO-MORE-ALTS-ALREADY policy.
      80 Tauren Hunter - 75 Blood Elf Paladin - 54 Tauren Druid - 47 Undead Mage - 25 Dwarf Paladin - 26 Human Mage

Comment

If you really want a warrior but have some issues with leveling her just suffer thru to level 15 then start doing only the dungeon finder tool. It won't be quite as fast as running thru the guide but it will still level you at a good rate. If you do the LFG tool as tank you'll get into groups a bit quicker too. I've been mulling over doing this myself for a warrior as I've often thought about trying to level one but just couldn't get over the fact of not having a healer there and being reliant on potions.

Comment

I have made one warrior in the past and it was a dwarf. Seemed pretty beefy just leveled slow as sin around level 25-30. Since this was on a different server then my main one and the people I ran with all quit I just let him die on the vine.

In the end I have read a lot about the different races. It appears that, as of 3.3, each race has small differences to make them stand out over the others. In the end the differences do not amount to much. Once you are 80 and have all the rep you want does the human +rep bonus help? What good is a +500-1000 one time heal to a Draenie warrior with 20,000 life getting hit for 2500 at a wack? Same goes for all the other races. Sure each has a little bennie but in the end one race over another is not really a huge deal. Pick a race you like the looks of and enjoy the game

Personally I am thinking that once I have some of the +xp boost heirlooms I am going to make a Draenie warrior to goof around with. I like the hulking size compared to my gnome mage which I play all the time
          Cairne Realm
          Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
          Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
          Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

I love humans.

Yes, ocrs have better stats than humans in almost every class on every stat, but they're so ugly!
            85s
            Skippyninja
            Oomatherman
            Judedaniels
            MissRuPaul
            Sumekomovani
            Pattymelt
            Shamwiches
            Twonewon
            Takakoinaba
            Cursesmcgee

Comment

lol skippy. They are ugly but recently I actually made a cute orc! I was amazed. I think humans are really cute! I'm wanting one really bad. I made another dwarf warrior (lol *sigh*) because my human warrior nearly dies fighting 2 mobs. That's just ridiculous for a warrior. The new dwarf seems to be tougher already. I'm going to level the dwarf up to the same level as my human and I'm only going to use gear that is sold from the vendors in the area where I'm playing. No AH greens. I got green armor and a green weapon for my human so I want to see the difference. It just seems so obvious to me but I want to see because I want my little dolly. XD I made a human priest. I might just use that one to be girly with and just hang around an area until I'm well able to go on to the next, not worrying about following the guide. I don't do well with priests, though, since I don't like to group but if I go into it with the mentality of just messing around and not caring about leveling necessarily, I think it'll be fine.

Comment

Lol, I have to see a screen cap of your orc then.

People cheer when they see my Priestess, cuz I'm a healing beast with her.
                85s
                Skippyninja
                Oomatherman
                Judedaniels
                MissRuPaul
                Sumekomovani
                Pattymelt
                Shamwiches
                Twonewon
                Takakoinaba
                Cursesmcgee

Comment

If you're uncomfortable with trying to be a healer with your priest try using the HealBot Continued addon. I'm using that with doing dungeon groups and it makes life so much easier as a healer. Instead of using the HealBot's abilities to buff group members I use SmartBuff.

Comment

I've finally found the human I like (a lot,too) - a human mage. *does the happy dance*

Comment

YAY!!! Human mages are awesome I think. The spirit bonus helps out a ton.
                      85s
                      Skippyninja
                      Oomatherman
                      Judedaniels
                      MissRuPaul
                      Sumekomovani
                      Pattymelt
                      Shamwiches
                      Twonewon
                      Takakoinaba
                      Cursesmcgee

Comment

haha I figured you'd be happy about that. And yes, I agree about the spirit and the human mages being awesome. I'm really enjoying this toon!

Comment

That's really exciting, glad you're having fun!
                          85s
                          Skippyninja
                          Oomatherman
                          Judedaniels
                          MissRuPaul
                          Sumekomovani
                          Pattymelt
                          Shamwiches
                          Twonewon
                          Takakoinaba
                          Cursesmcgee

Comment