Why in the hell...!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why in the hell...!?

Are some people such egotistical, self-absorbed, idiotic... DUNDERPAITS!?

I mean, really... If you're a NE Priest NOT healing the main tank and they use Lay on Hands, Why would you complain!? And then tell everyone they're idiots and need on everything, not heal the tank on purpose and refuse to rez anyone.... And the real bitch of it: we can't kick you cuz you're the Leader.... WTH!?

Or, you could be a useless mage with the DPS of a holy priest without Holy Nova telling me (the rogue with 24k DPS in Gnomer at lvl 23) that I shouldn't do quests while the Arms warrior kills mobs of non-elite engineers just because you keep blinking off the edge. Seriously, NOT my problem.

(Thank you for letting me vent about my 3 most recent experiences using the DF/LFG tool.)
    85s
    Skippyninja
    Oomatherman
    Judedaniels
    MissRuPaul
    Sumekomovani
    Pattymelt
    Shamwiches
    Twonewon
    Takakoinaba
    Cursesmcgee

Haha!!!!

Makes me feel better about some of the idiots I've found with the tool. I'm just glad that all the dumb ones have been on other servers.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Lol, I was REALLY pissed. I'm glad I found a smaller WoW community to chat with.

I love you, Zygor-ites
      85s
      Skippyninja
      Oomatherman
      Judedaniels
      MissRuPaul
      Sumekomovani
      Pattymelt
      Shamwiches
      Twonewon
      Takakoinaba
      Cursesmcgee

Comment

Whenever I get anyone to complain saying I'm bad, I typically troll insanely hard. My favorite thing to do ever, is to agree with everything they say. A few examples:

Idiot, Reply
        "GOD YOU'RE SUCH A TERRIBLE TANK!", "Thanks!"
        "DON'T THANK ME YOU MORON!!!", "I appreciate the compliment!"
        "ARE YOU DUMB!? I'M MAKING FUN OF YOU!", "Sure! I'm having fun too! We should be friends."
        "NO, I DON'T WANT TO BE FRIENDS WITH YOU, YOU'RE SO BAD." And at this point I go ahead and use Recount to post the DPS scores. When people insult me like this, I typically out-DPS them so Recount just makes their day. Just so you know, I'm a Warrior Tank XD. They leave at that point, and then you just get another idiot to repeat the cycle until you're finished.
        It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

I enjoyed DPS'ing as a new 80 DK and needed on leg armor that I could use for my stats. No one else needed on the item, so I got it.
          Then came the /party comments...
          "a dps needing on tank gear?"
          "I saw everyone else hit greed on them, and it is better than what I have equiped atm."
          "Are you going to need everything in here?"
          "There have been 7 rolls so far and I passed on 2, greeded the rest."
          "God I hate ninjas like you."
          No one else hit need, could have hit need, didnt hit need, but Im a ninja. ok, sweet.

Last night I had a guildie in a raid where they all rolled for a trinket; a pretty amazing trinket I will say. She won the roll and the item was handed over to her.
          Then, the /raid comments....
          basically they all tried to buy the item off her, getting up to 5000g and the trophy for the raid... she said it wasnt for sale.
          In the end, the raid leader started in on how she should sell it, and another raid mbr started to call her a loot whore ninja.

Nothing you can do about it but not let it get to you.
          "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

It doesn't get to me too much, I just hate the unessessary whining... If you wanted it that bad, need on it.

This past raid with my Rogue I needed on a cape with +10 Agi, +2 Str and +2 Stam... So did the mage... And she won So, I asked if I could have it since mages don't use any of those stats and it was a huge upgrade for me and all the other members agreed. She said no and D/E'd it, I was so pissed. I I voted to kick her and it failed... So, I left and redid it, luckily enough, I got the cape.
            85s
            Skippyninja
            Oomatherman
            Judedaniels
            MissRuPaul
            Sumekomovani
            Pattymelt
            Shamwiches
            Twonewon
            Takakoinaba
            Cursesmcgee

Comment

Sometimes you simply need to ignore people. Add in the new LFG tool and the high chance of grouping with people you never met before ...

This past weekend I was trying to get my 2 EoT points and was having a heck of a time. First couple groups failed and one that was actually making it had, if you believe what they say, a 14 year old boy and a 19 year old girl trash talking each other. I don't remember being a teenager much any more but I really don't remember saying the things those two were saying. Zygor would probably ban me from the forums if I said 1/2 what those two said.

It got bad enough, verbally, that one person left the group and when we got a new healer he/she joined in the trash talk making it even worse. Myself and the other DPS sat there and just finished the run. Those three kept trying to pull us into it but in the end the other guy kept 100% quiet and I did like silverhawk said below. One thing that I learned is that if someone is really upset the worst thing you can do is be nice to them ... it just gets to them that much more
              Cairne Realm
              Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
              Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
              Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by skippyninja View Post
                Are some people such egotistical, self-absorbed, idiotic... DUNDERPAITS!?

I mean, really... If you're a NE Priest NOT healing the main tank and they use Lay on Hands, Why would you complain!? And then tell everyone they're idiots and need on everything, not heal the tank on purpose and refuse to rez anyone.... And the real bitch of it: we can't kick you cuz you're the Leader.... WTH!?

Or, you could be a useless mage with the DPS of a holy priest without Holy Nova telling me (the rogue with 24k DPS in Gnomer at lvl 23) that I shouldn't do quests while the Arms warrior kills mobs of non-elite engineers just because you keep blinking off the edge. Seriously, NOT my problem.

(Thank you for letting me vent about my 3 most recent experiences using the DF/LFG tool.)
                Welcome to a game that is so easy, a child can do it.

...and that's not a joke.
                I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Werderx View Post
                  Welcome to a game that is so easy, a child can do it.

...and that's not a joke.
                  DAMN YOU!!!

For making sense that is.
                  85s
                  Skippyninja
                  Oomatherman
                  Judedaniels
                  MissRuPaul
                  Sumekomovani
                  Pattymelt
                  Shamwiches
                  Twonewon
                  Takakoinaba
                  Cursesmcgee

Comment

2 days ago I tried to do "Mana-Tombs", it took around 40mins more than usual because we got 3bad tanks (could not tank/hold aggro, all was DKs by the way), got 1pala healer that quitet after an whipe becuse "he could not res" (that was an new one), and offcause we lost one dps then one of the tanks left, becuae he dident had the time to waith for an new one....

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
                      I enjoyed DPS'ing as a new 80 DK and needed on leg armor that I could use for my stats. No one else needed on the item, so I got it.
                      Then came the /party comments...
                      "a dps needing on tank gear?"
                      "I saw everyone else hit greed on them, and it is better than what I have equiped atm."
                      "Are you going to need everything in here?"
                      "There have been 7 rolls so far and I passed on 2, greeded the rest."
                      "God I hate ninjas like you."
                      No one else hit need, could have hit need, didnt hit need, but Im a ninja. ok, sweet.
                      had the same shit when i hit 80 with my DK, i first planned to use him as DPS and joined the dungeons as DPS..

then i said that i could need it for my 2nd spec (tank) when nobody else needed the item, i took it, and most times nobody complained

now im mainly tank (no waiting time for tanks :-P ) and also roll with same reason on DPS gear when nobody else need it. as long as you say before you could need x-gear for 2nd spec when nobody else want the item, its most times k... (except some greedy idiots sometimes)

Comment

My motto with the need/greed is: If it greatly improves your character, you need it, if you're going to get +1 to a few stats you don't need it.
                        85s
                        Skippyninja
                        Oomatherman
                        Judedaniels
                        MissRuPaul
                        Sumekomovani
                        Pattymelt
                        Shamwiches
                        Twonewon
                        Takakoinaba
                        Cursesmcgee

Comment

I never considered it my moto but I more or less do the same thing. I am sure people get tired of waiting when I am looking at items but I don't want to need everything so I look and if the bump is even or minor I greed.

If I can't wear it I greed.

Things that boost or gain skill (recipe) I simply need anymore.
                          Cairne Realm

Comment

Rant

News Flash

This just in another A-hole spotted using the LFG tool. We go live to Skippyninja with the inside scoop.

I was raiding BFD and we found {Bindings of Sel'kiths} I was playing my Hunter and I needed the bracers for the Agility and Stamina. The resto specced Druid needed too and won. I asked to have them and he said he needed them more even though none of the stats on the bracers helped him. He refused to give it to me, I was like "w/e." Then, after killing a mob we found bracers that were ".. of the Owl" which were a huge upgrade for his {Canvas Bracers of the Owl}, I needed and won. Druid needed too and started complaining that I didn't really need that item, so I told him I'd trade him. The jerk claimed that he needed both, at this point the party leader told him to trade with me or he'd be kicked and reported. In the end I got the bracers that were rightfully mine in the first place (The other members were a Lock, Mage, and Pally so they didn't need the bracers either) but I go so frustrated with this individual... In the end I can't really complain since I got what I wanted but still it was very frustrating.
                            85s
                            Skippyninja
                            Oomatherman
                            Judedaniels
                            MissRuPaul
                            Sumekomovani
                            Pattymelt
                            Shamwiches
                            Twonewon
                            Takakoinaba
                            Cursesmcgee

Comment

You know, the LFG tool really changed how the game plays for me BUT ... and a big one here ... there are a ton of rude people out there which make the LFG not always fun.

Yesterday I was trying to back to back run as many as I could farming EoTs. For 95% they went smooth as silk. One had a tank that simply could not hold aggro but he was nice and admitted he was not good enough for that one. What really got me was when there was another mage in the group putting out a recount avg of 4300 DPS, I was 2nd and putting out 2100. The mage started talking smack about how I sucked and the group should kick me. Looking at his eq you could plainly see ALL purple items where I had, at that time, a whooping 2 purples. I now have three but still .. a LONG way from perfect. I guess his level 80 mage was born with all epic equipment and he never had to gear up... maybe he bought it all from a farming site?!?!

Ohh well, one bad apple did ruin the entire run and made me not have as much fun, which in the end is why we play the game right?
                              Cairne Realm

Comment

Working...
                              X