Thottbot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thottbot

Whilst browsing through Thottbot, Kaspersky Anti-Virus detected a Trojan from one of theirs ads (I didn't click on it), well at least it seemed to be an ad due to the link I got in KAV. I use IE8, and no Firefox, and I know many will see that as one of the problems. I will be changing over soon, but I would just like to warn everybody to be a bit careful.

Maybe you got this one:

"The first widespread attack to leverage the Internet Explorer flaw that Microsoft patched in an emergency update Thursday morning has surfaced. By midday Thursday Symantec had spotted hundreds of Web sites that hosted the attack code. The attack installs a Trojan horse program that is able to bypass some security products and then give hackers access to the system, said Joshua Talbot, a security intelligence manager with Symantec. Once it has infected a PC, the Trojan sends a notification e-mail to the attackers, using a US-based, free e-mail service that Symantec declined to name."

http://tech.slashdot.org/story/10/01/23/1429207/Widespread-Attacks-Exploit-Newly-Patched-IE-Bug?from=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed &utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Slashdot%2Fslashdot+%28Slash dot%29
    Cairne Realm
    Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
    Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
    Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Working...
    X