Really??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really??

I guess it's just me getting into the whole RP factor of WoW, but I really don't understand how one can have close to 50 toons... I have 6 and am thinking about dropping one.
    85s
    Skippyninja
    Oomatherman
    Judedaniels
    MissRuPaul
    Sumekomovani
    Pattymelt
    Shamwiches
    Twonewon
    Takakoinaba
    Cursesmcgee

LOL, I only have close to 50 because I suffer from such a bad case of alt-a-holism. Granted, most of them sit for months at a time while I work on just one server.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Lol, for me, I don't get any enjoyment out of a toon that I don't believe in. All but one of the toons I have are characters that I've thought up histories and personalities for. To me they are almost real people, I don't know if anyone else feels this way.... I'm not addicted to WoW in the least, but I've always imagined making my own RPG and the toons I have are pretty much the main cast.
      85s
      Skippyninja
      Oomatherman
      Judedaniels
      MissRuPaul
      Sumekomovani
      Pattymelt
      Shamwiches
      Twonewon
      Takakoinaba
      Cursesmcgee

Comment

Ahh, see I've done all that back in my old PnP days many, many moons ago. Things like WoW are just games to me now.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

All my toons that I play on share one common storry
          But I rarly play it, because rpg is no good on my server anymore

Comment

Skippy, do you actually roleplay within the game (I notice you're on a PVE server, not an RP one), or do you keep the RP aspects of your playing to yourself?

I'm almost where you're at; each of my toons do indeed have their own personalities, and I often have them talking to NPCs (mainly because I'm bored, and I'm not in a guild, so I have to talk to *someone*).

Interested in how you do it.
            Proud noob, opinionated nerd, and asker of obvious questions.

Main: Reliq (DK - 85).
            Alts: Baym (Paladin - 85), Aotearoa (Priest - 85), Selleck (Hunter), Reliqa (Warrior)

Comment

Originally posted by skippyninja View Post
              Lol, for me, I don't get any enjoyment out of a toon that I don't believe in. All but one of the toons I have are characters that I've thought up histories and personalities for. To me they are almost real people, I don't know if anyone else feels this way.... I'm not addicted to WoW in the least, but I've always imagined making my own RPG and the toons I have are pretty much the main cast.
              I have to ask because I have wondered this myself. If you play as a RP style how far do you take it? Example ... last night I was tired of people mining the same areas as I was and I did not have enough time to run a PuG so I decided to offer to help a guild mate. I knew a low level person was on via the "O" screen and I started talking to him.

If you went to the true RP route then how would you even know they were on ... you don't have an O key in RP world. You also have no telephones either. So if you knew they were on how would you know where they were or even if they needed / wanted help?

I guess you could consider it all "magic" but then you would have to be a caster right? Warriors don't do much magic ... these are the types of things I ponder about when I am bored
              Cairne Realm
              Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
              Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
              Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

antacus: Well, most RP`s I know use the friend list for people they rp whid often, an its kind of normal on RP servers not to RP in /tell /guild and /party chanels.

But If you realy wana take it all out, you first have to find some random peoples by luck, inns, run into them, remember the name, and then use mail to comunicate and shedule time to meet.

Comment

I keep it to myself, I used to play Phantasy Star Online and the toons I use in that game are reflected in WoW.

BTW, I made a NE Hunter... I love hunters
                  85s
                  Skippyninja
                  Oomatherman
                  Judedaniels
                  MissRuPaul
                  Sumekomovani
                  Pattymelt
                  Shamwiches
                  Twonewon
                  Takakoinaba
                  Cursesmcgee