Oh yeahhh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeahhh

I started leveling a hunter last night, love her!!!

And I got to lvl 15 relatively quickly so I started to queue for the wailing caverns so I could get Venom strike and some of the Fang gear... I ran it 15 times... All of them with either a crappy group or with people that quit after 5 min...

But, I got all the Fang gear except the belt (I don't care since the one I have is better lol) and FINALLY Venomstrike. So, then I queued for a random and got WC again... So, I went through... And found another Venomstrike I was so pissed... 2 in a row... Why couldn't that happen the 3rd or 4th time? XD

Either way I have the bow and some great gear and my pet is the bomb... It's a crab named Crackers
    85s
    Skippyninja
    Oomatherman
    Judedaniels
    MissRuPaul
    Sumekomovani
    Pattymelt
    Shamwiches
    Twonewon
    Takakoinaba
    Cursesmcgee

With it being a hunter, you'll level so fast that it was probably more of a waste of time going after that gear. You'll out-grow it so fast your head will spin. Now the bow on the other hand will probably last a bit longer than the fang gear.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

My main since my first time playing WoW has been an NE Hunter -- great, great fun! I have a bear called Ben - he's a beast
      Proud noob, opinionated nerd, and asker of obvious questions.

Main: Reliq (DK - 85).
      Alts: Baym (Paladin - 85), Aotearoa (Priest - 85), Selleck (Hunter), Reliqa (Warrior)

Comment

THe bow will last for sure, but the gear is good until I can get stuff with better Agility.

Quick question about hunters:

Is Int more important than Stam?
        85s
        Skippyninja
        Oomatherman
        Judedaniels
        MissRuPaul
        Sumekomovani
        Pattymelt
        Shamwiches
        Twonewon
        Takakoinaba
        Cursesmcgee

Comment

Stamina definitely if you're BM. Int and Spirit are pretty much useless due to having Viper. You're not a caster so concentrate on Ranged AP, Agility, Crit, and Sta.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
            Stamina definitely if you're BM. Int and Spirit are pretty much useless due to having Viper. You're not a caster so concentrate on Ranged AP, Agility, Crit, and Sta.
            I'm mixing abilities, but focusing on Marksman. Does increasing Strength do anything for me?
            85s
            Skippyninja
            Oomatherman
            Judedaniels
            MissRuPaul
            Sumekomovani
            Pattymelt
            Shamwiches
            Twonewon
            Takakoinaba
            Cursesmcgee

Comment

With it being a hunter, you'll level so fast that it was probably more of a waste of time going after that gear. You'll out-grow it so fast your head will spin. Now the bow on the other hand will probably last a bit longer than the fang gear.
              I wasn't really going after the gear per se, I was more after the bow. The Fang gear was more of a silver lining due to the relatively high agility on most of the pieces.
              85s
              Skippyninja
              Oomatherman
              Judedaniels
              MissRuPaul
              Sumekomovani
              Pattymelt
              Shamwiches
              Twonewon
              Takakoinaba
              Cursesmcgee

Comment

Str will only affect your melee weapons. As a Hunter your main focus should be the Ranged AP, Agi, Crit, and Haste. The Sta is good to have for increasing your pet's health. Str, Int, and Spi are all stats that shouldn't really be on your list of things to look for as the benefits you gain from these 3 are very minimal in your dps role.

Also keep in mind that if you focus on something other than BM then you'll not be able to get the fullest from your pets and you won't be able to tame any of the exotic pets. Marksman is good for grouping since you're not relying on you pet as much for dps with the Marksman tree.

Comment

Str will only affect your melee weapons. As a Hunter your main focus should be the Ranged AP, Agi, Crit, and Haste. The Sta is good to have for increasing your pet's health. Str, Int, and Spi are all stats that shouldn't really be on your list of things to look for as the benefits you gain from these 3 are very minimal in your dps role.

Also keep in mind that if you focus on something other than BM then you'll not be able to get the fullest from your pets and you won't be able to tame any of the exotic pets. Marksman is good for grouping since you're not relying on you pet as much for dps with the Marksman tree.
                  I guess that's what I'm going for, I don't get the Survival tree at all... But Hawk Eye is a great addition to any Hunter (plus it's only 3 talent points).

I am taking some BM talents: the aspect improvements, Improved Rez pet, and Thick Hide and possibly Improved mend pet. I really like the talents in Marksman, I'll prolly take BM as a secondary for the exotics.

Another question: Which type of pet is best for DPS? Please give examples (e.g. Bear(Tenacity) is a good tank).
                  85s
                  Skippyninja
                  Oomatherman
                  Judedaniels
                  MissRuPaul
                  Sumekomovani
                  Pattymelt
                  Shamwiches
                  Twonewon
                  Takakoinaba
                  Cursesmcgee

Comment

If you're going to be primarily Marksman then I'd suggest having a wolf pet. Their furious howl ability will give you and the pet an AP boost, plus they're regarded as one of the top 2 pets for dps potential.

A good source for pet info is: http://www.wow-petopia.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X