Hmm [IDEA][DISCUSS]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm [IDEA][DISCUSS]

Hey guys, My shammy is level 61 currently, and it's alot of fun multiboxin' with a druid that follows me around and heals me , but the guide is NOT up to date for shortest travel via flying mount starting at level 60, In my opinion it should be an option to decide weather you have a flying mount or not in order to determine shortest ways and routes,

/DISCUSS all regarding flying mount and the guide plx

Im not sure I get your desired discussion here. Since you have to physically go to a trainer then physically purchase a flying mount..... how is this not a choice?
    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

I think he believes that the quest routing isn't optimized well for those who are able to use a flying mount.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I actually kinda agree with him on one hand. But on the other hand i myself is using FM and what i just did is when the guide tells me to fly somewhere i just do it instead of caring about FP i just fly to the next step. And i wouldent think think that zygor would make the guide more optimized for using FM (Even thou i wouldnt know how to optimize it more. ) So i really think The guide is great and its no problem using it with FM. And another thing is that not all people get FM so fast since most people who are using the guide are new to the game.
        80 Dwarf Hunter -80* Dranei Paladin - 50 Gnome Mage - 21* Gnome Warlock - 40* Night Elf Druid

* = Leveled with zygor
        Server : Executes EU

Comment

Flight paths

all you have to do is when it tells you to fly to some place just skip to the next step and follow the appropriate arrow that appears thats all I do. I certainly love the idea of how you put the flight master locations as a quest it makes travelling quickly from place to place way easier knowing you have all the flight paths. Well done all

Comment

Keep in mind also that sometimes it will still be faster to use the flight master. Your movement speed when using the flight masters is 300% where your personal flying speed in Outlands is only 150%.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I think the return on investment for this request is not present. In other words, the amount of time you will save will not be noticeable or worth the effort of redoing the guide. Especially given that people will be doing randoms/PvP, in turn skipping quite a few quests due to out leveling the guide.
              I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

When Cataclysm comes out FPs will pretty much be rendered useless... Unless you're like me and rotate the wash(or complete various other household chores) while flying on Grif.
                85s
                Skippyninja
                Oomatherman
                Judedaniels
                MissRuPaul
                Sumekomovani
                Pattymelt
                Shamwiches
                Twonewon
                Takakoinaba
                Cursesmcgee

Comment

Won't you need to hit lvl 85 before you can fly in Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms though?
                  Proud noob, opinionated nerd, and asker of obvious questions.

Main: Reliq (DK - 85).
                  Alts: Baym (Paladin - 85), Aotearoa (Priest - 85), Selleck (Hunter), Reliqa (Warrior)

Comment

I don't know... Logic would have it that if you can fly in Outland and need additional training for Cold Weather Flying, you'd be able to fly in the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor with the training your toon has already. If Blizzard decides to make the requirement 85, it will make no sense whatsoever.
                    85s
                    Skippyninja
                    Oomatherman
                    Judedaniels
                    MissRuPaul
                    Sumekomovani
                    Pattymelt
                    Shamwiches
                    Twonewon
                    Takakoinaba
                    Cursesmcgee

Comment

Originally posted by skippyninja View Post
                      I don't know... Logic would have it that if you can fly in Outland and need additional training for Cold Weather Flying, you'd be able to fly in the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor with the training your toon has already. If Blizzard decides to make the requirement 85, it will make no sense whatsoever.
                      It would only fall into the same category as the need to drop 5k gold on CWF after 7 levels of not being able to fly after you have been flying for 10+ levels in outlands. Not unless you have a toon that is lvl 80 and can drop 1k gold on the tome of CWF for each toon you are going to move through Northrend.

I have never understood that retarded decision.

Comment

Me either.

Blizzard would be smart to not have to pay for anything... Although they might charge you for a flying license... GAWD, I hope not >.<
                        85s
                        Skippyninja
                        Oomatherman
                        Judedaniels
                        MissRuPaul
                        Sumekomovani
                        Pattymelt
                        Shamwiches
                        Twonewon
                        Takakoinaba
                        Cursesmcgee

Comment

Toll booths set up like Lucy's stand in "Peanuts."

Comment

Yeah, no kidding. Only difference is the massive inflation.
                            85s
                            Skippyninja
                            Oomatherman
                            Judedaniels
                            MissRuPaul
                            Sumekomovani
                            Pattymelt
                            Shamwiches
                            Twonewon
                            Takakoinaba
                            Cursesmcgee

Comment