Long time user guide review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long time user guide review

I have been using Zygor guides since the WOTLK release. I was way to stubborn to pay the extra 50.00 my previous guide was asking for to upgrade. It was an excellent change! Zygor guides was a great guide UNTIL recently. The new release completely screwed up this guide. it is always skipping steps and when you try to go back to the step it skipped it auto brings you back to where it things you should be. I have missed countless amount of quests since BC because of this crap. Zygor guides ruined a good thing by coming up with this update. Its unfortunate they tried to get in over there heads.

Once this problem is fixed and I can actually use the guide again, I would for sure rate it at a 10-10.

It is the Smart Injection System at work, it's normal. Why not simply turn it off and you'll be back to normal?

Go into the Dynamic Progress options in the ZygorGuidesViewer options. Uncheck all the boxes and slide the slider bar up to 80. No more skipping, at all. :-)
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Why does it skip like that? Is it trying skipping over quests that you wont get much XP for? I don't understand it...if thats the case, that's great and if it isn't, then it looks like I gotta do a lot of back stepping

Comment

Yes, it's trying to skip quests that are a lower level than you in an effort to maximize the amount of XP you're getting.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by ericbee View Post
          Why does it skip like that? Is it trying skipping over quests that you wont get much XP for? I don't understand it...if thats the case, that's great and if it isn't, then it looks like I gotta do a lot of back stepping
          The Smart Injection System dynamically adjusts the guide to find the best step to be on at all times. It was created mostly with new customers in mind who needed to find the best spot to start using our guide, but it can also keep you at the right spot when leveling as well.
          Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
          http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Smart injection system or just messed up?

I understand what you are trying about the smart injection system but disagree with you. Thanks for telling me how to turn it off though. Let me give you an example. It has me pick up say 3 quests then skips 12 steps and goes past the steps that tell me where to do the 3 quests I picked up. If this is how the system is suppose to work, why implement it.... that makes no sense at all.

I was in hellfire peninsula leveling yesterday. When I followed the guide to a T even with the steps it skipped, i was left with 13 quests that the guide originally told me to get. I was level 59 so you can't tell me I was to far ahead of the guide for it to jump like that.

Comment

You are right in that if the guide has you accept a quest that it shouldn't skip the steps needed to complete that quest. If it does this then that's a bug in the guide and it would be very helpful if you posted in the Bugs forum which quest, steps it skipped, your level, etc. Any info that would be helpful in tracking down the bug goes a long way to make sure it can be found and resolved quickly.
              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I started using the guide at level 40. Mine was doing that as well, only on the first few steps I did. I would look at the quest and look further down to see if the steps after were all checked. If they were checked and green already I'd just skip it. I also had missed a ton of flightpaths so I spent the first few days going back to towns i never even been in, picking up flight paths, and I even skipped some when it was too much of a pain. I am at a point now (Lvl45) that it is working flawlessly. Pick up quests, do all the quests, turn in the quests, up a level.

I started a new character in a different server when Blizzard decided to screw up all the high population servers. The guide is smooth as butter when starting from scratch.

Love the talent advisor too. No more alt+tabbing to google searching for talent builds every time I level.

Comment

Working...
                X