Pally Tank & Halls of Reflection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pally Tank & Halls of Reflection

Last night, for the first time, I tanked HoR Heroic. Let's just say it wasn't pretty. We never even made it past the first couple of waves. We used the "corner strategy". I put Consecration down like it was on sale and used HotR as much as possible. The main problem was that the healer kept getting smacked around.

Here's my toon. I got in random using the Dungeon Finder.

I was wondering if anyone here on the Zygor boards has run it successfully as a tank (Pally or other)? Maybe I'm still undergeared a bit? I'm so .

Thanks for any help!

i tank with my DK,
    you are fighting to close to the heal if he got smacked arround through the shield attack of the soldiers, as long as you survie the dmg your gear should be ok, i tank that dungeon only with T9 token gear.

i think its better for the heal if you tank the enemys a bit ourside the corner, so the heal dont get the AOE dmg.

I dont like the corner taktik at all. its easier to tank it in the middle of the room (where the sword was). as long you have a good grp and ppl know their classes and uses some cc's. only the first seconds of the fights in the middle are a bit hard cause whole group have few seconds aggro until you collected all the trash..

Comment

Hoorah!

My guild mate and I were chatting about what had happened the night before in HoR and decided to hop in the queue. Low and behold, it was the first dungeon we got. After taking several deep breaths I said "We can do this!". So it was the 2 of us and a PUG. And we DID IT! We were maybe 1 ft ahead of the Lich King's AoE aura at the end but we made it!

Originally posted by Caldron View Post
      ...i think its better for the heal if you tank the enemys a bit ourside the corner, so the heal dont get the AOE dmg.
      Agreed. I found that getting aggro at the corner worked pretty well. Then the fight just kind of "naturally" moved out of the corner. And yep, flamestrikes + healers = party wipe. I moved out a bit more out of the corner.

Originally posted by Caldron View Post
      I dont like the corner taktik at all. its easier to tank it in the middle of the room (where the sword was). as long you have a good grp and ppl know their classes and uses some cc's. only the first seconds of the fights in the middle are a bit hard cause whole group have few seconds aggro until you collected all the trash..
      Interesting. I might try this the next time. And speaking of CC, I used my AS on the mages which worked great. What can be done with the hunters? My guild mate tried a couple of Arms Warrior abilities with no luck. I hit one with AS and one with HoJ but it didn't help, other than the few seconds they couldn't do anything. Is breaking LoS my only option with them?
      Last edited by devfrag; February 12, 2010, 06:40 AM. Reason: Add achievement link

Comment

What we usually do is place ourselves in front of where sylvannas is standing before you talk to her.

Tank in front, facing the room and waiting for mobs.
        Me (Shadow Preist) behind him, looking for the ranged mobs (Hunter usually) and instantly "Shackle Undead" him.
        Everyone focus on the shadow merc, then casters and so on. Then finally the shackled mob.

Each wave ends long before the 50 sec shackle timer runs out, so the speed is fine.

Besides, you have a much better view over the fight, compared to standing in the corner stressing to target the right mobs and so on.

Comment

Sounds good

Originally posted by kerosina View Post
          Tank in front, facing the room and waiting for mobs.
          Me (Shadow Preist) behind him, looking for the ranged mobs (Hunter usually) and instantly "Shackle Undead" him.
          Everyone focus on the shadow merc, then casters and so on. Then finally the shackled mob.
          I'll have to give this a try sometime. Maybe mages could polymorph if shackle undead wasn't available.

Originally posted by kerosina View Post
          Besides, you have a much better view over the fight, compared to standing in the corner stressing to target the right mobs and so on.
          I agree. Fighting in that corner is tough.

Thanks for the input.

Comment

Originally posted by devfrag View Post
            I'll have to give this a try sometime. Maybe mages could polymorph if shackle undead wasn't available.
            Mages can't polymorph undead

Comment

Originally posted by chiff View Post
              Humanoids, Beasts, and Critters... Mebbe they could change or add a glyph to allow poly to do more...
              85s
              Skippyninja
              Oomatherman
              Judedaniels
              MissRuPaul
              Sumekomovani
              Pattymelt
              Shamwiches
              Twonewon
              Takakoinaba
              Cursesmcgee

Comment

Booo Blizzard!

Originally posted by chiff View Post
                DOH! Didn't know that...til now!

Comment

Originally posted by skippyninja View Post
                  Humanoids, Beasts, and Critters... Mebbe they could change or add a glyph to allow poly to do more...
                  I would not give up any of my majors for a single race poly ability. Right now poly is about the lowest use spell I have (only solo and PUG currently) so I see no reason to give up my current glyphs for the ability to only poly undead
                  Cairne Realm
                  Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
                  Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
                  Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Nah, I'm thinking minor. Glyph of the penguin is retarted, so why not replace it with Glyph of Undead Transformation? Or Glyph of Unending Evolution?

Mebbe Glyph of Polymorph'in Power Rangers?
                    85s
                    Skippyninja
                    Oomatherman
                    Judedaniels
                    MissRuPaul
                    Sumekomovani
                    Pattymelt
                    Shamwiches
                    Twonewon
                    Takakoinaba
                    Cursesmcgee

Comment