Mining Addon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mining Addon

Is there one that will show node locations that are out of view range on your mini map? If so, what is it called and where is a reputable site to download from?
    85s
    Skippyninja
    Oomatherman
    Judedaniels
    MissRuPaul
    Sumekomovani
    Pattymelt
    Shamwiches
    Twonewon
    Takakoinaba
    Cursesmcgee

I use carbonite w/ gathermate data. Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dehOV9UQGc
    Proud noob, opinionated nerd, and asker of obvious questions.

Main: Reliq (DK - 85).
    Alts: Baym (Paladin - 85), Aotearoa (Priest - 85), Selleck (Hunter), Reliqa (Warrior)

Comment

Carbonite also comes with it's own node locations too.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I use GatherMate and GatherMate_Data myself because it is very memory efficient.

Note that whatever addon you are using (GatherMate, Gatherer, Carbonate etc) you will only see map points where there MAY be a mining node. There is no guarantee that the map point has a mining node. You can not increase the actual scanning range when you select to "Track Mining" in the minimap button.

Comment

Sweet, thanks a ton!
          85s
          Skippyninja
          Oomatherman
          Judedaniels
          MissRuPaul
          Sumekomovani
          Pattymelt
          Shamwiches
          Twonewon
          Takakoinaba
          Cursesmcgee

Comment

Don't forget the addon Routes, too. It calculates and displays the most efficient route to hit all nodes. You can also use it for custom routes if you're chasing rares, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyflyer View Post
              I use GatherMate and GatherMate_Data myself because it is very memory efficient.

Note that whatever addon you are using (GatherMate, Gatherer, Carbonate etc) you will only see map points where there MAY be a mining node. There is no guarantee that the map point has a mining node. You can not increase the actual scanning range when you select to "Track Mining" in the minimap button.
              The part about the ingame "Find Minerals" is true; it cannot extend the range.

For me (lvl 450 mining on several toons) I use gathermate and turn on the "Find Minerals" feature. The addon tells me where nodes have been found ingame. The "Find Minerals" tells me if there is a node there at that moment when I get into its scan range. If the node turns into just a colored circle, no node and move on. However, if there is a node there the "Find Minerals" turns the node color in Gathermate into that tell-tale yellow dot.
              If you use the two together, you will maximize your efforts.
              "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Working...
              X