Dual prof collection help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual prof collection help

Has anyone found a good/easy way to make a dual collector toon? Would carbonite help with this? I am specifically looking at making my level 59 druid into a miner/herb collector so I can dump mining on my mage and pickup tailoring.

The mini map only allows to watch for herb or mines and toggling back and forth is a pain. I just started this so right now leave it on mines but once mining catches up to herbs I'll need both.
    Cairne Realm
    Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
    Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
    Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Originally posted by antacus View Post
    Has anyone found a good/easy way to make a dual collector toon? Would carbonite help with this? I am specifically looking at making my level 59 druid into a miner/herb collector so I can dump mining on my mage and pickup tailoring.

The mini map only allows to watch for herb or mines and toggling back and forth is a pain. I just started this so right now leave it on mines but once mining catches up to herbs I'll need both.
    When I did this I left the finder on minerals and used the gatherer addon set to show me where herbs may be located. As I went along to get my mobs or quest objectives I checked to see if the herb shown on gatherer (icon on minimap) was there or not.
    Its a lot easier to stumble across a herb than a mine node. Nodes you will end up having to hunt for once you are able to get iron.
    Wish there was an easier way. Herbs and minerals sell for good $$ on my server.
    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

I don't recall the name of it, but there is an add-on on curse that will cycle back and forth between two gathering skills. A friend uses it on his toon that is a herber/miner.

Comment

Heya,

I coulda swore that Gatherer tracked both if you set the options to do so. I could be wrong, however. If not, I'd highly recommend focusing mining as your main profession, it makes a TON of gold on my server. I have a character with Herbalism at 450 and when I farm and try and sell; I don't get crap back!

Silverhawk11
        It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk11 View Post
          Heya,

I coulda swore that Gatherer tracked both if you set the options to do so. I could be wrong, however. If not, I'd highly recommend focusing mining as your main profession, it makes a TON of gold on my server. I have a character with Herbalism at 450 and when I farm and try and sell; I don't get crap back!

Silverhawk11
          Gatherer tracks the nodes of mining, herb, fishing, and treasure chests that all users have found. What happens is, on your map and/or minimap you will see the nodes that have been found before by users. When you get close to that node or herb, if you have, say, find minerals on, the icon will change from either the tell-tale yellow dot if there is a node/herb there, or just an empty circle.

My advise to use the mineral finder in the blizzard setup was based of my personal experience that herbs are pretty much found as you quest, minerals you have to set out to find. There have been times, however, I will set find minerals going into a quest objective, and find herbs coming out.
          "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Well, I want to change from gathering because gold is not a problem anymore really. I make 100-300 gold a day simply questing and doing PUGs. I have everything I need on this toon from a "required" point of view. Sure, I could add on the 16k gold mount with a repair bot or use the 12k gold kirin tor rings (temp anyway) but why? I really can't think of a reason why I need to collect to make gold.

Now, I really would like to get the BoP items a tailor makes for the extra damage. The only reason I have not dumped mining off my main yet is because of the JC dailies and the long term requirements for crystallized fire/earthy/shadow/etc. I found a place where the mobs drop nice qtys of the fire so don't need that anymore. A 2nd toon could mine the saronite pretty quickly and a druid ... flight form would be easy to get. the 5k gold for cold weather ... again not a big deal. I could sell epic cut gems for sweet coins or go back to abusing the AH

As an FYI my long term goal is to:
            • Lvl 80 gnome mage JC/Tailoring (main - DPS char)
            • Lvl 59 NE druid mine/herb (need to get the last 6 levels)
            • Lvl 71 alch/ (does leave town)
            • Lvl 65 engr/instription (does not leave town)
            • lvl 65 enchant/ ?? (bank toon - does not elave town)

I only play the mage and druid, the bottom three toons have not left town in over 6 months. This plan allows my main to really get the good DPS specific profs (elitist jerks recommended) while allowing me to still self-supply instead of relying on the AH.
            Cairne Realm

Comment

My suggestion... Not that I've tried it, mind you.

Track for ore since they are harder to find. Fly lower to the ground so you will be able to see any herbs that may be there, like it's been said before, herbs are way easier to find so I think this method will be easier for gathering purposes.
              85s
              Skippyninja
              Oomatherman
              Judedaniels
              MissRuPaul
              Sumekomovani
              Pattymelt
              Shamwiches
              Twonewon
              Takakoinaba
              Cursesmcgee

Comment

I'm not positive but I think Carbonite allows you to setup a route for both the ore and herb nodes at the same time. Pick the ore for tracking but following the pathing of the route for both types of nodes should make it much easier to spot the herbs.
                My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Since this came back I'll chime in on what I found. I have not tried everything yet, don't play druid much so herb only 200 now while mining is 350, so take it with a grain of salt.

Addon: Spotter
                  Macro (keybind):
                  #Show tooltip
                  /castsequence Find Herbs, Find Minerals

Then bind it to an easy key or some people even say mousewheel. I have found several varations on this marco ... guess depends on what exactly you want or need.
                  Cairne Realm

Comment

Working...
                  X