• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skip chain quests

How do I skip chain quests?

Originally posted by elbon4life View Post
    How do I skip chain quests?
    Will have to wait for Zygor or Zygdev for that answer; but Im curious why you would want to skip them
    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Because when I use SIS I always get chain quests that I cant do because I didnt do the step before it

Comment

Because when I use SIS I always get chain quests that I cant do because I didnt do the step before it
        Oh.... k.
        And what lvl is the toon(s) you are working on?
        Before this gets too far into this, Ill tell you what I did. Maybe it will help.
        When I came to what obvoiusly was a chain quest I couldnt do, I looked it up in wowhead.com to see where it starts. If I wasnt too far ahead quest wise or location wise, Id just go do it. If it was more hastle than it was worth I moved on in the guide.

Comment

my guy is level 37

Comment

Did you by chance select the level 35-40 section of the guide yourself or did you let the SIS start from level 1 and skip thru steps?
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

my guy is level 37
              So there are plenty of quests you can still do and not go back too far in the guide.
              I dont think there is a way for the guide to recognize the quest as being in a chain atm.
              Maybe Zygor, Silver, or Cabby will have a better answer for you.

Comment

went to 35-40

Comment

That is where your trouble started and why it thinks you should be able to accept chains. Lots of chains start quite a few levels lower than you are when using the guides. Here's my recommendation.

Select the 20-25 section of the guide then right click on the next step button. This will start the guide 'fast forwarding' thru itself skipping a whole lot of completed and low level quests while it tries to find the beginnings of chains. It might stop occasionally on a step to get a FP or set a hearth location but just ignore those and right click on the next step button again. The guide will eventually stop on a step to accept a quest. When it does this go do that quest, even if it is 10 levels below you in the guide. At this point allow the guide to show you where to go and what to do as it will only be giving you the chain stuff so that you can accept the quests at your level and get you synced up properly with the guides.

Comment

Thanks im doing that now if I have any problems Ill let you know

Comment

Yes, please let us know if you have anymore problems with getting synced with the guides, or any other problems at all.

Comment

i found that im getting fustrated more and more often when the guide will skip ahead and stick me on a quest that is part of a chain that i havent started, and when i try to go back to where it began it quickly goes right back to where it was. for example:

lvl72-74
                        step 298 turn in "the focus on the beach"
                        when the first quest in this chain is "a strange device" which is obtained by the item "Goramosh's Strange Device" which you get from step 294 which was skipped all together

like stated above you can go to wowhead to figure it out but it would make more sense that the guide that i paid for did it on its own and either skiped the step or doesnt skip the start or any step in the chain.

Comment

My personal suggestions (and what I actually do) is once you hit 60 and go to the Outlands turn off the SIS. Right now the guide can't tell if you've managed to gain enough reputation with certain factions to be able to accept quests there but the SIS will often skip the quests used to raise that reputation because it doesn't know you need them. For this reason alone once I hit Outlands I automatically turn off the SIS and just do every step the guide has, no matter how far ahead I get, until I'm level 70 at which point I'll skip to the 70-72 section of the guide and move to Northrend leaving the SIS turned off there also. To turn off the SIS go into the Dynamic Progression section of the guide options and adjust the slider up to 80 and un-check all 4 boxes.

Comment

I too am having a problem

I attempted this fix, (starting lower in the guide) but The NPC that gives the previous quest in the chain will also not give me the quest.
                            This toon was left by the wayside in 2006, 2007 and recently linked to battle.net. Is it possible something I previously completed was nerfed between then and now and is causing my frustration?
                            I will post something more specific regarding the specific chain after I log back in, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jasontruby View Post
                              I attempted this fix, (starting lower in the guide) but The NPC that gives the previous quest in the chain will also not give me the quest.
                              This toon was left by the wayside in 2006, 2007 and recently linked to battle.net. Is it possible something I previously completed was nerfed between then and now and is causing my frustration?
                              I will post something more specific regarding the specific chain after I log back in, thanks.
                              Not only is it possible, but highly probable.

Quick fix idea; right-click the z my minimap, select zygor guides, select dynamic progress. Now move the slider from whatever it is now to 80. Make sure 'skip travel steps' is selected as well as skip obsolete.

Next go into wowhead and search for this quest chain. Find the starter quest.

Now go to the popout gear to choose level 1. Yes, level 1.

on the arrows right-click the down arrow. This will speed you through the guide skipping everything but viable quests for you to do. Once the SIS stops the guide, check to see the name of the quest. Is it the one you need? Now you know where to go to start this quest.

Depending on the quest level, you could start the guide skipping at 13, or 25, or whatever... up to you.

I suggested lvl 1 for a mid to low level toon for pickups on missed chains.

Comment

Working...
                              X