Reputation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reputation?

Is it worth going back through all the Alli/Horde low level areas and doing their quests to boost your rep with the different factions if you are higher level?

Don't know about horde. I believe I was exalted with 2 of the Alliance home cities when I finished the guide on my paladin. Got to exalted quickly with the others doing the Argent Tourney dailies. However, I already had a toon at 80 so I knew what to do. If you do decide to go back to low level areas, it would be more for the loremaster/seeker titles. Some of the quests may scale rep with your level and others are racial specific.

Stormwind -- Exalted (home city). Did valiant quests until turn-in.
    Darnassus -- Friendly (???) -- Did valiant quests until max exalted, saved marks until then. Dropped all 25 at one time.
    Exodar -- Friendly (???) -- Did valiant quests until max exalted, saved marks until then. Dropped all 25 at one time.
    Gnomeran -- Revered (???) -- Did valiant quests until max exalted, saved marks until then (I think I had to do them for 3 days). Dropped 25 marks.
    Ironforge -- Exalted. -- Didn't do any valiant quests. Dropped 25 marks.

I started doing the Champion quests as soon as I could but took the purse (extra 10 gold each) instead of the writs.

Comment

If you want the mounts, achieves, title and bragging rights... Sure. I did, just to get exalted
      85s
      Skippyninja
      Oomatherman
      Judedaniels
      MissRuPaul
      Sumekomovani
      Pattymelt
      Shamwiches
      Twonewon
      Takakoinaba
      Cursesmcgee

Comment

So I am working rep with various groups now and think that you need to pickup a few. Ac a DPS with JC I am trying to pickup the enchants and JC recipes the various factions offer only to people with high rep.

The Kirin Tor head enchant is sweet and the Sons of Hordir has a nice shoulder enchant (but I am using their smaller one since I am not exalted yet).

As for the lower level factions (Pre-WoLK/BC) ... I think those are more of bragging rights only but I very well may be wrong. I am planning on going back to those some day but right now my focus is on the ones that help my damage.
        Cairne Realm
        Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
        Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
        Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

i did much rep with low-lvl dungeon quests i picked up before doing the dungeons afterwards with my dk for the achievments. i think thats a nice way to get rep up during making some achivment runs with guild mates.

Comment

Keep in mind that having higher rep with the earlier factions makes buying stuff a lot cheaper. If you're a mage or any other class that uses reagents, this can have a significant impact on how much you shell out in the long run.
            85s
            Skippyninja
            Oomatherman
            Judedaniels
            MissRuPaul
            Sumekomovani
            Pattymelt
            Shamwiches
            Twonewon
            Takakoinaba
            Cursesmcgee

Comment

I noticed it makes repairs cheaper too. While for lower level characters it isn't bad but when you are shelling out 100g for a repair it can make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by shadowknight View Post
                I noticed it makes repairs cheaper too. While for lower level characters it isn't bad but when you are shelling out 100g for a repair it can make a difference.
                That is true as well.
                85s
                Skippyninja
                Oomatherman
                Judedaniels
                MissRuPaul
                Sumekomovani
                Pattymelt
                Shamwiches
                Twonewon
                Takakoinaba
                Cursesmcgee