X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mildly Displeased.. Yet still happy about your product

Ahoy there..

Okay, so skipping the yapyap; I've recently reactivated my account, duo to immense pressure from my fiancee, and decided to give it another go. I've used your guide back at 1.0 (and that beta version which were up for review or what it was), and i must admit, i've been pleased with my purchase on 1-80 Horde Guide.

Well done to you lads

However, duo to what_ever_good_reason_she_could_come_up_with, we've started on an Alliance PvP server, which forces me to level up again.

So i log onto this page, to download my guide, and to my surprise i discover that you charge another 50$ for the Alliance guide.

Now now, i don't want to come off as a cheap skate, nor the judgement of me being completly unable to see good business.

But this aggrovated me a bit. I mean; I've paid for the guide, carried on the word to others and in general adverticed your product Serverwide, even worldwide.

Charging another 50$ seems a little redundant and greedy, mind me saying.

I hope you will reconsider this decission and make your product completly free of aggrovations and disappointments.

Cheers,

Tonzz2000

Right now, Zygor Guides is the only guide vendor to offer a completely custom guide viewer and talent advisor built entirely in house.

This is the difference between Zygor and other generic guide vendors who have been illegally using TourGuide, which was a free guide making addon that allowed basically anyone to start their own guide free from the overhead of development costs. This allows their pricing schemes to be much lower than ours and, of course, makes people wonder why we charge $50 per guide.

Of course, there is a stark difference in quality, functionality, and features and that wouldn't be possible if we didn't pay thousands upon thousands of dollars to develop and maintain our guides. Virtually everything that makes the Zygor Guides so great is not found in these generic TourGuide based guides.

In the end, we try to find a pricing model that seems fair but is also good for our business. A lot of money and work hours were poured into these guides and $50 seems like a fair investment when it comes with lifetime updates. We're sorry you don't feel the same way.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Hello there again.

I am just going to necro this thread, as it would seem silly to make an actual double post. And conviniently enough, i can use a quote from in here aswell.

...when it comes with lifetime updates.
      Now i know it's been some time since i posted my first post, but regardless, i was considering purchasing the leveling guide for alliance (for less than it used to, which was a nice thing to see), till i saw that you charge another 20 bucks for Cataclysm updates.

Now i am no nitpicker or lawyer, that are able to interpret sales arguements or promised features via adverticement, but the above statement seems a little off, when you're charging for an update.

I don't know if this is just me overdoing it or if it's actually you charging for something you promised being free of charge (for a lifetime).

So i guess the question is; Is it a typo that you're charging 20$ on Cata updates?

Thanks in advance

Tonzz2000

Comment

Originally posted by tonzz2000 View Post
        Hello there again.

I am just going to necro this thread, as it would seem silly to make an actual double post. And conviniently enough, i can use a quote from in here aswell.

Now i know it's been some time since i posted my first post, but regardless, i was considering purchasing the leveling guide for alliance (for less than it used to, which was a nice thing to see), till i saw that you charge another 20 bucks for Cataclysm updates.

Now i am no nitpicker or lawyer, that are able to interpret sales arguements or promised features via adverticement, but the above statement seems a little off, when you're charging for an update.

I don't know if this is just me overdoing it or if it's actually you charging for something you promised being free of charge (for a lifetime).

So i guess the question is; Is it a typo that you're charging 20$ on Cata updates?

Thanks in advance

Tonzz2000
        That is about updates not ugrades. There is a difference. Just look at microsoft. They charge you to upgrade to the newest OS not to update the OS you have.
        I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
        Twitter @Chaos5061.
        Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Prior to yesterday, we only sold 1-80 guides. So, if you purchased one of our 1-80 guides, you are entitled to free updates on the 1-80 content. Updates do not include entirely new game expansions. This is why the massive overhaul of levels 1-60 is a free update, because you've already paid to own those levels. When the new 1-60 guides are released, you will be able to simply download and go about playing, nothing more to pay for that.

However, levels 80-85 are being newly added to the game entirely, and are not encompassed in the level 1-80 free updates. Now, if you were to purchase our new 1-85 guides, you will receive free updates for any changes that are made to levels 1-85 from then on, forever. The only time you would have to pay to upgrade again would be if there is another WoW expansion in 2 years that adds levels 85-90.

Also, if you were to purchase any of guides from now on, the Cataclysm upgrade is included in the price. You will not have to purchase the Alliance Leveling guide for $40.00, and then turn around and have to pay $20.00 to upgrade to the Cataclysm guide. Just clearing that up, in case you were thinking that.

Hope that helps.
          http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Comment

So basicly it boils down to how it's spelled? Upgrade or Update...Clever.

There is no doubt about your product. It's quality throughout the whole thing, but to me, as a customer, it just seems like you're pulling an "American". Milking it as much as you possibly can.
            And don't get me wrong, i know there has gone a serious amount of man-hours into this.

The reason i am kinda gutted about it, is because you seem to keep pulling a new bag over my head everytime there's something new, and claiming new money based off the word "upgrade" or "update". It's like a woman knowing she's hot and acting all important because of it. You know you got a quality product, and you can successfully milk it as you know people will still buy it.

Be reasonable and increase the base price of the product instead of forcing people to pay over and over and over. I don't mind supporting a good product, but i don't like being taken advantage of.

I might even end up buying the damn thing, but it will be with a bitter Duck a'la Ripoff-taste in my mouth, when i click the purchase button.

But hey, you made your buck. So why would you care

Regards,

Tonzz2000

Comment

Dude, you're being an ass. Like 100% ass. And not just a small one. Check it out. When you bought your guides back at 1.0 (not sure which ones they are so we'll use the 1-80 as an example), you got unlimited lifetime updates to that set of guides. Meaning: When cata is released, everything in the 1-60 sector of lvling is going to change, so Zygor updates his guides to match and you get that update for free as that's what you paid for. Now for the upgrades, those were not part of the original guides. They're new. Like WoW. You bought Vanilla and pay a monthly subscription for it. Does that mean you're going to get BC or Cata for free? NO. Blizzard makes you buy them as well due to them putting work into it as well as it being new content. Same concept goes for the guides. So when/IF you buy the new guides, do it without your ripoff taste in your mouth BS. The crew that works on the guides are paid to do so, which means: It's their job! They have families to support. Quit being a douche!

Comment

So basicly it boils down to how it's spelled? Upgrade or Update...Clever.
                We're really sorry you're disappointed over this. We wish we could please every customer and continue to expand our business at the same time but sometimes the two goals butt heads with each other.

There really wasn't any clever wording intended. These forums are filled with post after post of us explaining that lifetime updates applies to the level range you purchased, and we have made good on that promise by updating everyone's 1-80 guides for free to reflect the changes in Cataclysm. 1-60 was completely redone and was the bulk of the changes, so you end up with two almost full guides for the price of one.

We tried our best to get the word out that there would be upgrades, and we decided upon prices that we felt were fair for both parties. So far the response has been overwhelmingly positive with how we've handled things, but obviously in your case there were still some things we could have done better. We will take your comments into consideration and we hope you will choose to continue to support our company and services. We are completely understanding with whatever you decide to do. Hopefully when you see all we have planned for this launch and the future you'll feel a bit better about your investment.
                http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Comment

You want to hear something even worse. I bought a toaster at walmart, and now they also sell toaster ovens, but they wont give it to me free. I mean, I use their toaster, and I paid for it but now they claim I should pay them if I want the toaster oven, and just because of those lousy extra 4 letters. Very clever.

I can't believe that when I buy one thing from someone that additional things they make aren't free for life.

Comment

The posts about being a this-that-or-another are a bit strong. However, words are the universal language of all civilized cultures in existence today, with each word conveying a meaning and purpose.
                    With that said, wording is everything.
                    Update and upgrade have definitive meanings set forth long before you or I or anyone here on this forum were even a glimmer of happy possibilities in our parents eyes.
                    The word game I suspect you are trying to spill onto Zygor is in fact your own.
                    There is a HUGE post by me with regards to how these vastly different yet incredibly important words effect every user, myself included, in great detail. I welcome you to peruse the forums and find said post for your educational moment, and quite possibly an entertainment moment to boot.
                    Yes, I semi-slam the person I respond to, and would do so again given the same attempt at blatantly poor logic.

If all seems lost here, and you choose not to peruse the forums for my witty and educational post, do give a reputable dictionary a go. They also are a great resource on these seemingly minute details that do end up being the game-changers.

Cheers.

Kam
                    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

First off, trolls can go elsewhere with their witty comments and clever comparisons. I am trying to be objective and constructive.

Secondly, my apologies for the "this-that-or-another" comment, it did come off pretty harsh and judgemental. This wasn't the intention. But you must understand, i am from Europe and english is not my native tongue. So misunderstandings could easely happen somewhere in the translation.

I guess all points made are valid and arguements towards either side gets washed out in the light Zygor's very diplomatic response. I am not sure if it's just a batch of bull or you're being sincere about "take my comment into consideration". If you are sincere, great.. Some of my respect for your company is restored.
                      If you're not though.. "You have gotten better at dodging bullets (2)".

To be honest, i wasn't sure i would have gotten anything out of bringing this up, as questioning company economy usually only leads to a bunch of well written points that could have been implemented in any line of product. And eventually will be forgotten, as it's a topic that they (plural) would like to avoid getting discussed.

Mind you, i stand by my beliefs both good and bad. This is just a notification so you know that i've read and understood your reply's.

Regards,

Tonzz2000

P.S. If i am to be a douche or an 100% Ass about this whole thing, i would have come down a lot harder and not as constructive as i did. Seems to be that you're just trying to get your postcount up, kid.

Comment

First off, trolls can go elsewhere with their witty comments and clever comparisons. I am trying to be objective and constructive.

Secondly, my apologies for the "this-that-or-another" comment, it did come off pretty harsh and judgemental. This wasn't the intention. But you must understand, i am from Europe and english is not my native tongue. So misunderstandings could easely happen somewhere in the translation.

I guess all points made are valid and arguements towards either side gets washed out in the light Zygor's very diplomatic response. I am not sure if it's just a batch of bull or you're being sincere about "take my comment into consideration". If you are sincere, great.. Some of my respect for your company is restored.
                        If you're not though.. "You have gotten better at dodging bullets (2)".

To be honest, i wasn't sure i would have gotten anything out of bringing this up, as questioning company economy usually only leads to a bunch of well written points that could have been implemented in any line of product. And eventually will be forgotten, as it's a topic that they (plural) would like to avoid getting discussed.

Mind you, i stand by my beliefs both good and bad. This is just a notification so you know that i've read and understood your reply's.

Regards,

Tonzz2000

P.S. If i am to be a douche or an 100% Ass about this whole thing, i would have come down a lot harder and not as constructive as i did. Seems to be that you're just trying to get your postcount up, kid.
                        While I do believe a few people on this thread could have been a tab bit nicer and could have done without a few choice words, most of what they were saying is pretty correct.

What it all boils down to is the fact you paid for the 1-80 guide, you did not pay for the 1-85 guide. With Zygor and his guides, you are GUARANTEED free updates for any guide you buy, you are not entitled to free upgrades unless zygor see fits.

You could think of Zygor's guides as using a similar method as Blizzard (Besides the obvious monthly fee) in the way you could own the original, basic version of WoW (Vanilla). You will get every patch(update) they release completely free of charge however you will not get to enjoy 60-70 nor 70-80 unless you pay the upgrade fee to be allowed to do so.

You were not tricked, you were not fooled, you did however get what you paid for and are STILL able to enjoy if you'd rather not purchase the 80-85 upgrade fee and still level various alts to 80 using the product you already own.

I honestly hope I may have cleared up anything you may have missed or did not fully understand. Zygor offers a TREMENDOUS product one that I was fully willing to purchase every guide him and his team offered and never have plans on turning back.

Some of this may not be worded correctly, could have tons of runons and lack of correct puncuation. It's 8 A.M, and I haven't slept since 2 P.M yesterday.

Comment

Dude, I'm no kid but I'm not an old guy complaining b/c they can't seem to understand what is posted. I could care less about my post count. I'm a 28 year old parent who works in a lumber mill. I don't sit on my ass all day in an office. I do real work. I pointed out the truth and you don't like it. Since you want to cry about not getting the cataclysm upgrades to the guides for free, go cry to the place where you bought your car at for them not giving you the newest version for free. Same concept applies here.

Comment

Alright, I think everything that needs to be said has been. So, closing before World War 3 starts. :-D
                            http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
                            X