Hooray! Dinged 80! Now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hooray! Dinged 80! Now what?

So, the DK I was levelling *finally* hit 80 after 5 days /played (this isn't Zygor's fault, but mine for deciding on a whim to do the exploration title, and spending god knows how many hours just doing the Eastern Kingdoms...)

Anyway, I dual-specced with an Unholy PVP build, and jumped into PvP. No, I don't have any decent gear So naturally I got my butt kicked.

So, question is: what should I do next with this 80? What would *you* do?

Go for as many achievements as I can? Level up professions? Try and gear up for heroics?

I value your advice
    Proud noob, opinionated nerd, and asker of obvious questions.

Main: Reliq (DK - 85).
    Alts: Baym (Paladin - 85), Aotearoa (Priest - 85), Selleck (Hunter), Reliqa (Warrior)

I would save some money up to get the Savage Saronite pieces, that way you are okay geared for PvP. Make SURE you are doing Wintersgrasp every time it's available while you're online. This is an amazing source of honor (doing the weekly quests every Tuesday) and is very fun. Wintersgrasp will get you enough honor to obtain some Furious or some Deadly PvP pieces. When you've upgraded to about three of the PvP set-pieces, I'd recommend queueing for random Heroics as a DPS.

Start saving some marks for your tier gear, and then when you have two of the PvE set items for the bonus, as well as the three PvP set pieces for it's bonus (and a better gear score) then you can start to work towards Wrathful pieces. By then you should learn what to do next with your DK .

Also... GRATS!

Silverhawk11
    It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Thanks! So there's a weekly Wintergrasp quest that gives additional honor than doing Wintergrasp without it?

Alts: Baym (Paladin - 85), Aotearoa (Priest - 85), Selleck (Hunter), Reliqa (Warrior)

Comment

Basically every tuesday you can do like 3-5 weekly Wintergrasp quests. By doing all of them, you get like ~20-25k honor, plus the honor from every battle you do. When you first join the Wintergrasp battle, you should be able to see the quests in the starting outpost, or in the fortress if you're defending.

Silverhawk11

Comment

Ok, great Sorry for the additional noob questions, but are these only *doable* on Tuesdays, or do you just pick them up on Tuesdays and can then do them throughout week (until they're done)?

Comment

Is it possible to get that mutch honor from the WG weekly quests??
            I guess they resets on Tuesdays and that you have 1 week to do them all.

Comment

Yes you have all week to do them. Since they are weekly, then they give quite a bit of honor. Don't forget about the PvP daily quests as well.

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk11 View Post
                Basically every tuesday you can do like 3-5 weekly Wintergrasp quests. By doing all of them, you get like ~20-25k honor, plus the honor from every battle you do. When you first join the Wintergrasp battle, you should be able to see the quests in the starting outpost, or in the fortress if you're defending.

Silverhawk11
                You can also ask someone to pass out the quests in /raid chat.
                "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Anyone who asks that question in /raid will be trolled very hard by me :-).

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk11 View Post
                    Anyone who asks that question in /raid will be trolled very hard by me :-).
                    For the two quest (victory and destroying the towers) it is better to have someone pick them up and share them wit the raid as the questgivers despawn when the battle begins and respawn about a minute later. If everyone waits a minute to get the quests you can easily lose the battle.

When the dungeonfinder was introduced I started doing heroics to get T9 equipment. It is no problem if you still have much green and blue gear, you find some good epics quickly.
                    You also get some good PVP items for the wintergrasp marks, my PVE warrior still has the bracers...

Edit: You may also consider getting the heirlooms at the torunament and Wintergrasp and play another character from 1 to 80

Comment

Yep, did WG tonight and did the quests (well, two of them) - got enough marks to get half an heirloom piece lol So if I keep it up should be alright soon enough.

Thanks for the replies everyone, do pls keep them coming!

Comment

Working...
                      X