Family questing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family questing

hi iv been playing world of warcraft since about a month before Burning Crusade came out and am looking for some advice as to a family group in wow

(me my soon to be wife and her mom) are all into wow and wanna play together

well id like advice on a group of 3 classes
    werethinking disciplin priest enhancment shaman and protection/retribution paladin so we can do quests bgs dungeons raids and most importent of course arena

and am i able to have my gf dl the guides onto her computer as well? you know since im out of state a lot for school its annoying having to check that were on the same page and if her mom can get it 2? well if i can jsut have them dl it off my name on here so it can be on all 3 computers or if this will break any legal issues or ect

please respond quickly thanks for any help yall
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Not quite the same three classes you are talking about but ... I play quite often with two real life friends and our normal group breaks down as

Arcane Mage for DPS
    Protection Pally (does healing during battles)
    Elemental Shammy for DPS with backup heals

I think the mage could very easy fill in for any other DPS class and for us question we can do most any Northrend quest we come across. Doing instances we queue up as tank/dps/dps on heroic and still get semi-short queue times due to the tank. On normal we queue up as tank/healer/dps and are almost instant. In normals the pally and shammy split healing as required just like we were questing.

Search the forums and you will find a post from Zygor staff about one house having multiple copies installed. I recall it was allowed but there is a post which you can screen scrape for your records here somewhere
    Cairne Realm
    Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
    Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
    Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by asterfenix23 View Post
      hi iv been playing world of warcraft since about a month before Burning Crusade came out and am looking for some advice as to a family group in wow

(me my soon to be wife and her mom) are all into wow and wanna play together

well id like advice on a group of 3 classes
      werethinking disciplin priest enhancment shaman and protection/retribution paladin so we can do quests bgs dungeons raids and most importent of course arena

and am i able to have my gf dl the guides onto her computer as well? you know since im out of state a lot for school its annoying having to check that were on the same page and if her mom can get it 2? well if i can jsut have them dl it off my name on here so it can be on all 3 computers or if this will break any legal issues or ect

please respond quickly thanks for any help yall
      I would like to know what you all plan on doing with your leveling first; questing or dungeon runs (once all are lvl 15) or a combo of both. Since you cant dual spec till you hit lvl 40 this is a factor.
      "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
        I would like to know what you all plan on doing with your leveling first; questing or dungeon runs (once all are lvl 15) or a combo of both. Since you cant dual spec till you hit lvl 40 this is a factor.
        well we decided to do a Ne druid and Human warrior (im the warrior)
        and we plan on doing quests till 15 and whenever we need gear do dungeons
        ect ect
        FOR THE HORDE!!!

Comment

well we decided to do a Ne druid and Human warrior (im the warrior)
          and we plan on doing quests till 15 and whenever we need gear do dungeons
          ect ect
          Good choices.

Since you have been playing a while, you are well versed in the need to like and 'meld' with your toon and what it can do.

If you are going to go fury on the warrior and tank, you two are pretty well set.
          I would suggest she try out the resto spec on a druid for a while in dungeons and be the healer. Supper easy to do, and her job is to keep you alive.
          If she is not a fan of that spec you spend 1 gold and get back to DPS status.

With you as tank and her as heals you will have no wait time whatsoever to get a pug.

And... in cat form (not travel form) the druid is an amazing killing machine.

Comment

Good choices.

Since you have been playing a while, you are well versed in the need to like and 'meld' with your toon and what it can do.

If you are going to go fury on the warrior and tank, you two are pretty well set.
            I would suggest she try out the resto spec on a druid for a while in dungeons and be the healer. Supper easy to do, and her job is to keep you alive.
            If she is not a fan of that spec you spend 1 gold and get back to DPS status.

With you as tank and her as heals you will have no wait time whatsoever to get a pug.

And... in cat form (not travel form) the druid is an amazing killing machine.

i agree with kitty form however i always find myself incompatible with druids its just 2 painfully slow to get to the kitty form (only reason i tried druids originally) but leveling it is 2 slow in my own oppinion but she always says im the meanest mofo warrior around on my hordie (orc warrior arm spec) cause i lay out my opponents in seconds with burst dps

any other suggestions are always a big help though
            FOR THE HORDE!!!

Comment

in my oppinion if you have any dobts about your class just switch like i did originally i played a hunter for 2 years then f*d around for a few months and found i love melee more then ranged dps

honostly i was terribly scared to try melee fighting cause in all the games i play im always ranged or in KoTOR im always a guardian or sith lord
              so i wasnt sure how melee would fair you know? but after i tried it i was hooked with enhancment shaman warrior paladin and i dont really like the dk everyone seems to think their the best thing around but in reality they are barely bar anymore
              FOR THE HORDE!!!

Comment

i agree with kitty form however i always find myself incompatible with druids its just 2 painfully slow to get to the kitty form (only reason i tried druids originally) but leveling it is 2 slow in my own oppinion but she always says im the meanest mofo warrior around on my hordie (orc warrior arm spec) cause i lay out my opponents in seconds with burst dps

any other suggestions are always a big help though
                I set the forms up in the hotbars to click n go. my main bar has travel form and cat form. In cat form I have travel form for when I get ganked I can hit n split.
                I have done nothing but resto in my druid so far, and I have to say that the pve ability in cat form is right up there with my warrior of equal level.

If she is looking for just pure DPS power, a hunter is a good choice. Mages are hard to level till 30 - 32, but are renowned for their DPS.

Comment

I set the forms up in the hotbars to click n go. my main bar has travel form and cat form. In cat form I have travel form for when I get ganked I can hit n split.
                  I have done nothing but resto in my druid so far, and I have to say that the pve ability in cat form is right up there with my warrior of equal level.

If she is looking for just pure DPS power, a hunter is a good choice. Mages are hard to level till 30 - 32, but are renowned for their DPS.

shes gonna be going healer till 80 and then were gonna end up arena
                  FOR THE HORDE!!!

Comment

Classes

U should go Mage pally rogue
                    or lok pally shammy so u's don't need the same gear lol or something like that

I lvld my Druid with someone from my old guild and they were a leather wearer and it was lame needing all the time against him lol

btw if u alrdy made the 3 toons what classes r u's?
                    LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP
                    Dwarf Shaman-Shamme 90 Elemental/Resto
                    Nelf Rouge-Legolys 90 Sub/Ass
                    Pandarian Monk-Phood 90 Windwalker/Brewmaster
                    Nelf Druid-Ornek 85 Boomkin/Bear
                    Nelf DK-Zgknight 85 Blood/NA
                    Draenei Hunter-Bowz 85 MM/Survival
                    Worgen Priest-Loyder 85 Disc/Shadow
                    Gnome Warlock-Lotzadots 85 Destro/NA
                    Dwarf Paladin-Buradin 85 Prot/Ret
                    Gnome Mage-Zygors 70 Arcane/NA
                    Nelf Warrior-Talifan 61 Prot/NA

Comment

P.s.

I read in one reply on the forums that family can use the guide u have but don't let friends/guildies but i would still ask zygor just to be 100% safe!
                      LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP
                      Dwarf Shaman-Shamme 90 Elemental/Resto
                      Nelf Rouge-Legolys 90 Sub/Ass
                      Pandarian Monk-Phood 90 Windwalker/Brewmaster
                      Nelf Druid-Ornek 85 Boomkin/Bear
                      Nelf DK-Zgknight 85 Blood/NA
                      Draenei Hunter-Bowz 85 MM/Survival
                      Worgen Priest-Loyder 85 Disc/Shadow
                      Gnome Warlock-Lotzadots 85 Destro/NA
                      Dwarf Paladin-Buradin 85 Prot/Ret
                      Gnome Mage-Zygors 70 Arcane/NA
                      Nelf Warrior-Talifan 61 Prot/NA

Comment

shes gonna be going healer till 80 and then were gonna end up arena
                        Horde, eh?

Ill have to see you in wintergrasp and whoop your undead buts. LOL

Dont forget there is dual spec ability when you hit lvl 40. Most of my toons have a PvE spec, and a PvP spec, except for my pally; he is prot and ret for PvE. I like to take a break from tanking and ret spec is fun to use.

Comment

Horde, eh?

Ill have to see you in wintergrasp and whoop your undead buts. LOL

Dont forget there is dual spec ability when you hit lvl 40. Most of my toons have a PvE spec, and a PvP spec, except for my pally; he is prot and ret for PvE. I like to take a break from tanking and ret spec is fun to use.
                          been horde for 4 years now (maybe 3) and now im makin my alliance warrior which is real helpful when it comes to the every man for himself racial i honostly like it a lot even though im only level 12 atm
                          FOR THE HORDE!!!

Comment

been horde for 4 years now (maybe 3) and now im makin my alliance warrior which is real helpful when it comes to the every man for himself racial i honostly like it a lot even though im only level 12 atm
                            ah, kewl. Variety is nice, unless you are like me. I seem to be leveling 8 toons at the same time.

Comment

ah, kewl. Variety is nice, unless you are like me. I seem to be leveling 8 toons at the same time.
                              Speaking of which, I have another transfer student to bring into Pugd.
                              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
                              X