Exploring Ashenvale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exploring Ashenvale

I am trying to get the World Explorer Achievement. In Ashenvale there is one blanked out area that I haven't been able to clear. It is just prior to entering Felwood. I have traversed every square yard (obviously except THE trigger one) to no avail.

Any suggestions? I'm sure someone else has completed this.

Originally posted by mortnoct View Post
    I am trying to get the World Explorer Achievement. In Ashenvale there is one blanked out area that I haven't been able to clear. It is just prior to entering Felwood. I have traversed every square yard (obviously except THE trigger one) to no avail.

Any suggestions? I'm sure someone else has completed this.
    Including all caves?
    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
      Including all caves?
      Hmmm. No, I have not gone into ANY caves on my exploration journey as yet. Is there one in that area?

Comment

Hmmm. No, I have not gone into ANY caves on my exploration journey as yet. Is there one in that area?
        Ill have to check for that specific area. My experience is they are the PIA for this achievement.

Comment

You were right on the money! There is a cave on the west side of the road in that fuzzed out area. I had to get nearly into the entrance before the "Discovered..." popped, followed by the "Explored Ashenvale" came up.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to get into that fuzzed area in southern Azshara. It is on the top ridge of the mountains, and so far is eluding me. I galloped all along the coast side (DK) to no avail.

Comment

You were right on the money! There is a cave on the west side of the road in that fuzzed out area. I had to get nearly into the entrance before the "Discovered..." popped, followed by the "Explored Ashenvale" came up.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to get into that fuzzed area in southern Azshara. It is on the top ridge of the mountains, and so far is eluding me. I galloped all along the coast side (DK) to no avail.
            Glad I could help out.

As for that other spot..... no clue.

Comment

Did you do the elder line? There's a mountain top area where the elder was (shows as Ravencrest Monument) in the southern area of Azshara.
              http://wow.allakhazam.com/Im/image/45715

Go up the road from the flight point, until after the broken viaduct. Turn right and head east. Go past the (nearly?) drained lake, then straight north to the edge of the cliffs. Start looking for a bridge over the chasm. -- Alternatively, pull down the elder guide, then fast forward to the step for talking to Elder Skygleam.

Comment

I used an addon called Explorer Coords for my explorer achievement. It makes dots on the map where you need to go, don't think it combines well with other map addons like Zygor etc.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...rercoords.aspx

Comment

Thanks for the ponters. I finished it today, and now sport the title "Mortnoct the Explorer"! Yea!

Comment

Working...
                  X