Have been using for a few weeks -- my thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have been using for a few weeks -- my thoughts

First off let me say that in general the guide is very well designed. I feel like I get a lot done while I'm questing which is a plus. I've only used the Horde section, so my comments are based on that.

* Having some way to drop quests which are not part of the guide would be phenomenal. I have started several characters before getting the guide and they still have some leftover quests. Most of them have been cleared out now but it is annoying when your bag space is being eaten by irrelevant quest items. I think I have seen this mentioned before on the forums.

* Insert steps that remind you to train new skills. This isn't strictly necessary but there have been a few times I'd forgotten to grab skills when visiting a major city and don't get back till a few levels later. Makes leveling slower.

* When you are on multiple quests in the same area, combine the killing of mobs/looting of items into one step where possible. Or else just make a note that says "kill any of X that you see while doing this step." I can't think of particular examples right now but I've noticed this several times. Sometimes I notice it myself by reading ahead several steps but sometimes I don't.

* Try to cut out quests where the quest givers wander around or are otherwise hard to find. I've wasted a bit of time looking for a quest giver (most recent in memory was a quest from Warcaller Gorlach).

* Lastly, there have been a few quests that have taken an exceptionally long time (longer than I'd hope) where you don't really gain any XP at all. The previous point also illustrates this. Examples here are hunting the raptors for feathers in the Barrens (where you put the feathers on the three different nests), looking for raptor horns (also in Barrens), and the quest The Ogres of Feralas. These steps may not be improvable but they have particularly stuck out as sore points for me.

That was quite a lot of critique but let me say that overall I have been very impressed. Such a guide is a massive undertaking and certainly there will be problems on occasion. Good work!

We're glad you are enjoying the guides. We will take your points into consideration, definitely. Many large guide changes (referring to the actual guide path) are being delayed currently because of Cataclysm being so close. When Cataclysm is released, we are completely re-writing the guides from scratch, so these issues will be addressed at that time. Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate it very much.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
    X