Ding, 80, Advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ding, 80, Advice?

I just got to level 80 on my first ever character yesterday. He's a Frost DK with a few points in Unholy for reduced coll downs on Death Grip and D&D. Since dinged I've have been running a few instances but I want to get geared for VoA so I can start getting Tier 7 pieces. In order to do this I 540 defenece to be immune to crits, rgiht now I'm sporting about half blue and half greens, so any advice on how to get geared, AH? Instances? Crafting?

BTW I have no professions so it would take a while to get Blacksmithing up, but that is an option.

Any advice is a big help.

Thanks!

Originally posted by vader555 View Post
    I just got to level 80 on my first ever character yesterday. He's a Frost DK with a few points in Unholy for reduced coll downs on Death Grip and D&D. Since dinged I've have been running a few instances but I want to get geared for VoA so I can start getting Tier 7 pieces. In order to do this I 540 defenece to be immune to crits, rgiht now I'm sporting about half blue and half greens, so any advice on how to get geared, AH? Instances? Crafting?

BTW I have no professions so it would take a while to get Blacksmithing up, but that is an option.

Any advice is a big help.

Thanks!
    Do your daily heroic randoms, then pound out random heroics as much as you can tollerate.

Go into wintergrasp as much as you can.

More heroics.

More wintergrasp.

lol
    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

I can see the benefit of doing random heroics for the drops, but why the emphasis on Wintergrasp?

I ask this as (if it's not been made clear already) a noob to all this kind of thing

Is it the collection of emblems? Honor points?
      Proud noob, opinionated nerd, and asker of obvious questions.

Main: Reliq (DK - 85).
      Alts: Baym (Paladin - 85), Aotearoa (Priest - 85), Selleck (Hunter), Reliqa (Warrior)

Comment

Hello,

It's to obtain Wintergrasp Marks to purchase the Titan-Forged gear to up his Gear Score. He will also obtain shards in the process for gems, as well as heirlooms if he chooses.

Congratulations on your first level 80!

Silverhawk11
        It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

I can't even queue for HCs because it says my gear isn't good enough, blood DK DPS.

I've got all blues apart from rings and trinkets and Titansteel Destroyer. Any idea how I can get gear apart from AH as I'm skint?
          Toons

Level 85 Night Elf Druid
          Level 85 Gnome DK
          Level 64 Human Warrior

Comment

Originally posted by leftiehoe View Post
            I can't even queue for HCs because it says my gear isn't good enough, blood DK DPS.

I've got all blues apart from rings and trinkets and Titansteel Destroyer. Any idea how I can get gear apart from AH as I'm skint?
            There are heroics you can que for if you just select Litch King Randoms. You may have to do the same few several (or more) times over, but they are designed to get you geared for the harder heroics, with even better gear.
            All the while you are doing the heroics you are also getting EoF to use on the epic sets that will get you the bonuses you need for raiding.

And Silver is 100% correct; you will want the shards and honor pts to get gems for a JC to cut and socket into gear you are about to earn.

Comment

Originally posted by vader555 View Post
              Since dinged I've have been running a few instances but I want to get geared for VoA so I can start getting Tier 7 pieces. In order to do this I 540 defenece to be immune to crits, rgiht now I'm sporting about half blue and half greens, so any advice on how to get geared, AH? Instances? Crafting?
              VoA is mostly used to get t10/frost badges now. You can get t9 from normal Heroics which is much better than t7.
              Last edited by BusterBrownMan; March 15, 2010, 02:38 PM. Reason: misread

Comment

I found out my problem was that the weapon skill on my Titansteel Destroyer was 0/400 when it needed to be 400/400. Now I'm happily farming heroics and stuff for gear . Got my first piece of T9.
                Toons

Level 85 Night Elf Druid
                Level 85 Gnome DK
                Level 64 Human Warrior

Comment

Glad you got that fixed.

For the future, to avoid this type of problem, there is an addon that may help.

Autorepair is a simple addon that, when you go sell your junk at the repair vendor (crapaway is good for this purpose), the repairs will happen without you having to click or think about it. All you need to do different is, when your bags are full, search for repair vs just a person to sell to. Takes care of everything in one trip.

Comment

He said weapon skill, not weapon durability.
                    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I'm a mage with a 0/400 wand skill... Is that normal?
                      85s
                      Skippyninja
                      Oomatherman
                      Judedaniels
                      MissRuPaul
                      Sumekomovani
                      Pattymelt
                      Shamwiches
                      Twonewon
                      Takakoinaba
                      Cursesmcgee

Comment

Originally posted by skippyninja View Post
                        i'm a mage with a 0/400 wand skill... Is that normal?
                        fail!!

Lol

Comment

Thanks for all the help eveyone, this is why I use this forum instead of WoW's forums, you don't get the hole "Learn 2 pl4y n00b!" treatment. Just good people with great help.

BTW I found out why I couldn't que for Heroics, my pants were total **** and were from the 74 quests :P No wonder I had several near 200 item level pieces but were stuck in the norm dungeons.
                          Last edited by vader555; March 17, 2010, 11:41 PM. Reason: Pants Fail

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                            He said weapon skill, not weapon durability.
                            Must have been drinking the cheap stuff that day.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
                              fail!!

Lol
                              Yes, yes. Nothing I haven't heard before.
                              85s
                              Skippyninja
                              Oomatherman
                              Judedaniels
                              MissRuPaul
                              Sumekomovani
                              Pattymelt
                              Shamwiches
                              Twonewon
                              Takakoinaba
                              Cursesmcgee

Comment