OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time user of an in game leveling guide (my thoughts)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time user of an in game leveling guide (my thoughts)

Greetings everyone,

I just wanted to say that so far I am extremely impressed with this Guide and I am glad to have it.

My girlfriend and I are leveling new toons and the Guide has been spot on so far. We started using the Guide at about level 16 and it took less than an hour for the Guide to get synced to us.

I do have a couple questions and comments that would be helpful to have answered.

1. Can my girlfriend have the Guide running at the same time? ( I think this question got answered on a different thread, but I wanted to make sure)

2. Will the Guide work as effectively if my girlfriend and I are always playing together? In other words, are we likely to encounter more grinding sessions anywhere along the line?

Thanks Zygor Guides. You guys rock.

Cheers,
    rabidbutterfly37

Originally posted by rabidbutterfly37 View Post
    1. Can my girlfriend have the Guide running at the same time? ( I think this question got answered on a different thread, but I wanted to make sure)
    Yes, you can both have it running at the same time.

2. Will the Guide work as effectively if my girlfriend and I are always playing together? In other words, are we likely to encounter more grinding sessions anywhere along the line?
    Due to the games Smart Injection System you shouldn't have any grinding, and the guide should keep at the same pace as your characters levels, adjusting as needed so you don't get stuck doing real low level quests.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Thank you for the timely reply.

Again a wonderful product, major praise for you guys and gals.

Cheers,
      RB

Comment

Hello rabidbutterfly37,

We're glad you like the guides! Hopefully I answer your questions, and if you have anymore, please feel free to add to this thread!

1. Yes, you are allowed to do this. The rule Zygor follows is that immediate family are allowed to use the guides for free, however I'm not sure what rules they follow as far as a girlfriend/boyfriend relationship would be. I'm assuming it depends on the circumstance, however, yes you can run the guide at the same time.

2. It will work effectively, yes, however you may encounter quite a few more grinding sessions if the accounts are not linked via Recruit-a-Friend(RAF). It may take a bit longer due to the experience drop from being in a group, however if you're leveling together regardless, it's to be expected.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance!

Regards,
        Silverhawk11
        It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Hey Silverhawk11,

Thanks for the reply.

Our accounts are not linked via RAF. I thought about doing that but just kinda shrugged it off. This is my girlfiends first time playing Wow and I have 2 level 80 toons and about 5 more 70s that I just didnt level as WoTLK came out.

I feel like Im kinda spoiling her as far as all the frustrations of leveling your first toons brings someone. But so far she is having a blast.

I kind of expected to have to do a little more grinding with us leveling together. Thankfully I know enough of the dungeon quests that if we ever get behind I will go againsts the Guide advice to grind, get those quests, and que for a random dungeon. Im not sure of there is anyway a feature like that could or should be incorperated into the Guide (?), but that is something to think about. Since Im leveling a Druid and shes leveling a Hunter we get instant ques for Random Dungeons ( because I can tank).

Anyway, Sorry if I rambled. Thanks again.

Cheers,
          RB

Comment

Silverhawks right. You may have to grind if you quest together with someone.

As a multiboxer, I run into this as my accounts aren't linked via RAF either. Best advice I can give, my sure you have rested xp when you quest. This helps alot. My experience using the guide while multiboxing is that as long as I run my "teams" with fully rested xp, I can stay on track with the guide. In the long run, once you get to the Outlands, and then eventually to the Northrend, you will find yourself ahead of the guide.

Also, one benefit of being in a group that the guide kind of omits are group quests which might be to time consuming or difficult for a single player. If you are already grouped and find yourself behind, pick up some of the group quests. It's a good way to catch up and get back on track........that, or the dungeon route. It's a little harder for me to run dungeons with only two toons, so I pick up the extra quests.

Comment

Working...
            X