speaking of instance runs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speaking of instance runs

So far I have only solo'd. Partly because I was (key word) intimidated by the seeming complexity of the game, but mostly because my keyboard time can be sporadic, with me logging off and on frequently.

After all the reading I have done I see that I really should be partaking in more instance runs. Any rough numbers on avg time it takes to finish one, or is it just too variable from dungeon to dungeon? I would love to take the time, but do not want to risk having to leave in the middle of it.

It really does depend on the dungeon and the group. Some dungeons like Stockades can be done fairly quickly, maybe 30 minutes max. Some of them like Wailing Caverns can take a good hour or more. If you can dedicate a 2hr play time then you should be able to do most any dungeon without worry.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Also depends on which role you're going to fill. Tanks and Healers are going to have shorter queue times, while DPS (everyone else) will have longer times.
      85s
      Skippyninja
      Oomatherman
      Judedaniels
      MissRuPaul
      Sumekomovani
      Pattymelt
      Shamwiches
      Twonewon
      Takakoinaba
      Cursesmcgee

Comment

So a key question is, what level are you, and what class(es) do you play? Most dungeons at level 80 are quick, 30 minutes to an hour maybe. Also depends on whether the team dies lots etc.

Comment

Warlock 20, Paladin (ret) 41. I'm more interested in a general idea, though, as I continue to lvl these two and roll more.

Comment

Since you're going to DPS as both toons, just manage your aggro and let the tank get all the hate. When playing your pally, watch the healer's mana, if they run out, be kind and back up their heals to prevent a wipe, also manage your blessings, judgements and auras to benefit the party as a whole.

As your Lock, it's pretty simple, use the Imp and only the Imp. Blood Pact is great for raising everybody's HP and the imp has better DPS than a Voidwalker. You can use the succubus or felhunter, but I personally prefer the Imp. If you specc Demon, the felguard might also be a good way to go.
            85s
            Skippyninja
            Oomatherman
            Judedaniels
            MissRuPaul
            Sumekomovani
            Pattymelt
            Shamwiches
            Twonewon
            Takakoinaba
            Cursesmcgee

Comment

Ok, this is how much time I feel I've used in the dungeons. I haven't timed them yet, maybe someone can come with corrections. They should be all the available ones, so I haven't done all of the highest level ones. The times assume that the group you get hold together, that noone is a moron, and that there's atleast a minimum of efficiency.

Ragefire Chasm = 30 minutes
              Deadmines = 1 hour
              Wailing Caverns = 2 hours
              Shadowfang Keep = 45 minutes
              Blackfathom Deeps = 1 hour 15 minutes
              Stormwind Stockades = 30 minutes
              Razorfen Kraul = 45 minutes
              Gnomeregan = 1 hour short run, 2 hours long run, loooong if noone knows it
              Scarlet Monastery - Graveyard = 15 minutes
              Scarlet Monastery - Library = 30 minutes
              Razorfen Downs = 30 minutes short run, 1 hour long run
              Scarlet Monastery - Armory = 30 minutes
              Scarlet Monastery - Cathedral = 30 minutes
              Uldaman = 1 hour 15 minutes
              Maraudon - Purple Crystals = 30 minutes
              Maraudon - Orange Crystals = Don't know, probably around 30 minutes?
              Maraudon - Pristine Waters = 45 minutes
              Zul'Farrak = 1 hour, 1 hour 45 minutes full clear?
              Sunken Temple = 1 hour 30 minutes, do not attempt without someone who knows it
              Blackrock Depths - Prison = 30 minutes
              Blackrock Depths - Upper City = Don't know for sure, atleast an hour?
              Dire Maul - East = 30 minutes? Only soloed at 80
              Dire Maul - West = 45 minutes? Only soloed at 80
              Dire Maul - North = 1 hour? Only soloed at 80
              Lower Blackrock Spire = 2 hours? Only soloed at 80, bit of a maze
              Scholomance = 1 hour 30 minutes? Only soloed at 80, bit of a maze
              Stratholme - Main Gate = 45 minutes? Only soloed at 80
              Stratholme - Service Entrance = 45 minutes? Only soloed at 80

As mentioned, these are only "guesstimates". Some of the dungeons can be very long, if you don't go straight for the last boss. Others are such a mess of levels and entrances, that it's difficult to keep track of where you are and have been, if you don't know the instance. The addon "Atlas" works well by giving you a map, but the worst instances will still prove to be a bit of a twister.

One point is though, that for the longer instances the bag loot isn't really worth it. Instead of messing about in Gnomeregan, with people going afk or leaving, do Razorfen Kraul a few more times if you're at the low end, or Scarlet Monastery - Graveyard if you're a bit higher level. It costs you the bag, but you retain your sanity.

Comment

Working...
              X