Pally options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pally options?

I am currently leveling a paladin... Notice how I didn't say a DPS Pally or Tank Pally... Yea I have no clue what I want to do lol, I just know that Pallies are bad arse so I am currently leveling one... I'd love to do runs and be good at PvP-..

Originally posted by protomega View Post
    I am currently leveling a paladin... Notice how I didn't say a DPS Pally or Tank Pally... Yea I have no clue what I want to do lol, I just know that Pallies are bad arse so I am currently leveling one... I'd love to do runs and be good at PvP-..
    Not sure if there is a question or anything in that... so grats on the pally and have fun with it.
    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Welcome to the wonderful world of paladins. This was by far the easiest toon for me to level. I recommend you pickup a couple of add-ons from Curse.

As I recall, the Zygor build is a Retribution build (talent tree). I've got 4 high level toons I play (80 warrior, 80 paladin, 76 hunter, 67 death knight) and get lost for the first few fights as I move between them. One of the best add-ons for retribution paladins is:
      http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ls/clcret.aspx
      You can configure your abilities as you level and it will put a picture on screen telling you which ability to use next as they all have different cooldowns.

You might also want to pick up either healbot or vuhdo or another of the healing add-ons. I use healbot but hear good things about vuhdo. I've got a little box on the screen, shows me names of anyone in the party, color-codes to show if missing buffs or need heals. Left-click / right-click / middle-click the name in the box to toss a spell, no need to change targets so I can be throwing damage at a mob using my number keys and the toolbar, and left-click my name to throw a quick heal on myself without having to refocus on my current target.

Comment

Pally = faceroll

Then again, most classes become face roll once they hit 80... But pallies are always faceroll.
        85s
        Skippyninja
        Oomatherman
        Judedaniels
        MissRuPaul
        Sumekomovani
        Pattymelt
        Shamwiches
        Twonewon
        Takakoinaba
        Cursesmcgee

Comment

Originally posted by Skippyninja View Post
          Pally = faceroll

Then again, most classes become face roll once they hit 80... But pallies are always faceroll.

Dont be hate'n mage man

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post

Dont be hate'n mage man
            I'm serious! Before I got Zygor, I got a pally to lvl 32 in 1.5 days. I've never died, hardly came close... And everything was sooo easy... Helps when you actually wear something that isn't easily cut with a sword.
            85s
            Skippyninja
            Oomatherman
            Judedaniels
            MissRuPaul
            Sumekomovani
            Pattymelt
            Shamwiches
            Twonewon
            Takakoinaba
            Cursesmcgee

Comment

Hehe, if you think pallies are faceroll you really need to try a blood DK. I could stand there with mobs, turn on auto-attack, and go out for a smoke without having to worry about the outcome.
              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I hate DKs, I refuse to even fathom playing one. I also hate grouping with them, they're so... Blegh!

Soon after I hit 80 I once PuG'd with three DKs (2x DPS & 1 tank) with a pally healer. Needless to say, I made out like a bandit with all the cloth gear and SP stuff.
                85s
                Skippyninja
                Oomatherman
                Judedaniels
                MissRuPaul
                Sumekomovani
                Pattymelt
                Shamwiches
                Twonewon
                Takakoinaba
                Cursesmcgee

Comment

think he was asking for a talent build in guide for Ret/Prot/Heal

Comment

I was more asking for the goods and bads of PvP, PvE, etc. I've tried a pally on one server and I died hella times. I don't know if this was because I had out dated gear or what, but I can't do much without dieing..

Comment

Originally posted by protomega View Post
                      I was more asking for the goods and bads of PvP, PvE, etc. I've tried a pally on one server and I died hella times. I don't know if this was because I had out dated gear or what, but I can't do much without dieing..
                      PvP anc PvE are two different animals. There is different gear to use in each, and I use different rotations in PvP than in PvE.
                      The gear you need depends on what you are going to be doing in PvE. Prot tanks need Strength and Stamina, while Ret DPS need to reach their Hit cap first. Holy healing pallies need spell power. PvP play takes resilience gear.
                      My pally is dual spec'd for prot and ret, for tanking or DPS. With each spec I carry a set of gear in my bags. I also have PvP gear in my bank for Wintergrasp and other BG's.
                      Is this required to have.... not really. You can get one set and do all the above. The difference is how well you will perform.

Feel free to ask specific questions here. There are many knowledgeable people that frequent these forums.

Comment

I am currently leveling a BE pally, not using the guide because I want to get a toon with the Loremaster title before the expansion. I was using the talent guide to level as a ret but switched at 40 to a Prot spec. since I plan on tanking and healing with this toon. As prot, my health meter seldom goes below 90% outside of a instance.

I don't have a lot of experience in PvP as a pally, but I did hold my own as a prot pally in AB today while a level 41.

If you want to do a DPS spec stick to the talent advisor. If you want to go prot, I am using 0110's spec from this page http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3164.

Unless you are planning on leveling in dungeons and battlegrounds or have an extremely high amount of patience I would not suggest leveling a holy spec.
                        My tanks:
                        Losfer 110 Tauren Protection Paladin Area 52
                        Prassan 110 Tauren Guardian Druid Area 52
                        Theomach 102Tauren Protection Warrior Hyjal
                        Paschendale 100 Night Elf Brewmaster Monk Sargeras
                        Shangol 100 Troll Blood Death Knight Area 52
                        Nassic 100 Blood Elf Vengeance Demon Hunter

My DPS:
                        Kastenessen 100 Human Fire Mage Sargeras
                        Thoraynayla 110 Orc Marksmanship Hunter Arear 52
                        Findail 101 Forsaken Destruction Warlock Area 52

Comment