OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get in the mood to level a new toon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get in the mood to level a new toon?

Well i have a 80 warrior prot and arms a 65 druid feral 63 warlock and a 58 mage and i am having a hard time focusing on one or the other and my main goal is to level them all up to 80 with zygors guide before cata comes out and which should i focus on first? Should i level them together at somewhat the same time? I am just having a hard time deciding : (

Originally posted by DKSFTW View Post
    Well i have a 80 warrior prot and arms a 65 druid feral 63 warlock and a 58 mage and i am having a hard time focusing on one or the other and my main goal is to level them all up to 80 with zygors guide before cata comes out and which should i focus on first? Should i level them together at somewhat the same time? I am just having a hard time deciding : (
    Since you already have one 80 (Grats BTW.) I'd say just play whatever you're in the mood for. WoW is all about enjoyment, but here's what I do:

I have an 80 mage right now, and I'm leveling 2 alts: A prot/arms Warrior lvl 30 and a holy/disc priest lvl 41. I'm still playing somewhat frequently on my mage in order to get all the embelms needed for the plate BoA gear for my Warrior (and for the dailies). My priest is fully geared with her heirlooms and I play her about once every 3 days to burn through her rested bonus. She gets tons of xp, since she has all the BoA gear and then the Rested bonus...

I think it would be worth your while to gear up your warrior and since you'll be tanking, your queue times are minimal, you'll have no problem getting into randoms and collecting emblems for all the BoA gear you'll need.

Speaking of BoA: Just buy one set of cloth BoA and when you want to switch from your lock or mage, just trade the gear to whichever toon you're going to roll for that session, saves you tons of emblems.
    85s
    Skippyninja
    Oomatherman
    Judedaniels
    MissRuPaul
    Sumekomovani
    Pattymelt
    Shamwiches
    Twonewon
    Takakoinaba
    Cursesmcgee

Comment

Yeah i have two pieces of boa for the druid and its helps a ton like night and day but then i wanna get more boa for the lock/mage just unsure as to what to get as far as that goes is there a huge difference between the boa gear from WG and the emblems?

Comment

Yeah i have two pieces of boa for the druid and its helps a ton like night and day but then i wanna get more boa for the lock/mage just unsure as to what to get as far as that goes is there a huge difference between the boa gear from WG and the emblems?
        Why buy more? Hand-me-downs. Run the druid for a few hours, mail the BOA gear to the lock/mage, run he/she/it for a few hours, mail it back.

Comment

Originally posted by deleon View Post
          Why buy more? Hand-me-downs. Run the druid for a few hours, mail the BOA gear to the lock/mage, run he/she/it for a few hours, mail it back.
          Mages and Locks wear cloth. Druids wear leather.

@DKSFTW: The WG are more catered to PvP toons, but you can save some emblems by getting the shoulders with shards and the chest with emblems, might save you some time. I don't think it matters too much, seeing as any increase in XP is better than nothing.
          85s
          Skippyninja
          Oomatherman
          Judedaniels
          MissRuPaul
          Sumekomovani
          Pattymelt
          Shamwiches
          Twonewon
          Takakoinaba
          Cursesmcgee

Comment

Originally posted by Skippyninja View Post
            Mages and Locks wear cloth. Druids wear leather.

@DKSFTW: The WG are more catered to PvP toons, but you can save some emblems by getting the shoulders with shards and the chest with emblems, might save you some time. I don't think it matters too much, seeing as any increase in XP is better than nothing.
            Can't druids wear cloth too? I used BOA mail on my paladin for a long time before I sent it down to my hunter. You'll eventually reach a point of diminishing returns but if its just the shoulder slot I could see reaching mid-60's before it becomes a real issue.

I found that while the extra 10% was great, with two pieces of BOA +exp gear I was getting way ahead of the guide, wasn't whacking things enough to keep skills up, and my pet (hunter) was 4 levels below me at one point. I did go out and buy (stonekeeper shards) the plate BOA shoulders for my DK -- level 66 with 426 JC (3 Dalaran JC tokens), 437 Alchemy, 362 cooking (10 Dalaran cooking awards), 213 fishing, 350 first aid -- all with 2 days 4 hours play time.

Comment

Druid can wear cloth, and for boomkin leveling the cloth would be fine. Also in end game the best item is not always the highest armor your class can wear. ex fury warrior's bis wrists are leather. Although this will change come cata.

Comment

Can't druids wear cloth too?
                Technically you can slap cloth on any toon, as it is the 'lowest' armor value in WoW.
                "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Can't druids wear cloth too? I used BOA mail on my paladin for a long time before I sent it down to my hunter. You'll eventually reach a point of diminishing returns but if its just the shoulder slot I could see reaching mid-60's before it becomes a real issue.

I found that while the extra 10% was great, with two pieces of BOA +exp gear I was getting way ahead of the guide, wasn't whacking things enough to keep skills up, and my pet (hunter) was 4 levels below me at one point. I did go out and buy (stonekeeper shards) the plate BOA shoulders for my DK -- level 66 with 426 JC (3 Dalaran JC tokens), 437 Alchemy, 362 cooking (10 Dalaran cooking awards), 213 fishing, 350 first aid -- all with 2 days 4 hours play time.
                  Well, yeah they can... But why when leather has better armor?

Did you know that pallies and warriors can start with the plate BoA gear?

Same goes for shammies and hunters with mail, you don't have to wait til 40.
                  85s
                  Skippyninja
                  Oomatherman
                  Judedaniels
                  MissRuPaul
                  Sumekomovani
                  Pattymelt
                  Shamwiches
                  Twonewon
                  Takakoinaba
                  Cursesmcgee

Comment

Ok lol so what would be the best sets of gear to cater to all toons cause im wanting to level a shaman next. Mail right? So what other toon could i use that gear for to level?

Comment

Originally posted by Skippyninja View Post
                      Well, yeah they can... But why when leather has better armor?

Did you know that pallies and warriors can start with the plate BoA gear?

Same goes for shammies and hunters with mail, you don't have to wait til 40.
                      Hunters cant wear mail until lvl 40. Part of the training you get. Unless there is an exploit I didnt know about on my 48 hunter.
                      "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
                        Hunters cant wear mail until lvl 40. Part of the training you get. Unless there is an exploit I didnt know about on my 48 hunter.
                        You're right: For normal gear, but the mail BoA gear can be equipped by a lvl 1 hunter or shammy. Same goes for plate BoA with pallies and warriors.

Many people don't know that
                        85s
                        Skippyninja
                        Oomatherman
                        Judedaniels
                        MissRuPaul
                        Sumekomovani
                        Pattymelt
                        Shamwiches
                        Twonewon
                        Takakoinaba
                        Cursesmcgee

Comment

Ok lol so what would be the best sets of gear to cater to all toons cause im wanting to level a shaman next. Mail right? So what other toon could i use that gear for to level?
                          Yes, from the Heirloom vendor the chest and shoulders are named something along the lines of [blah] of Mystical elements.
                          85s
                          Skippyninja
                          Oomatherman
                          Judedaniels
                          MissRuPaul
                          Sumekomovani
                          Pattymelt
                          Shamwiches
                          Twonewon
                          Takakoinaba
                          Cursesmcgee

Comment