how do i gear up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do i gear up?

ive only one level 80 which i got with zygor guide's (TY ZYGOR!)
    im a dps my armory http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...Eonar&cn=Splob

how do i get better gear cause im not accepted in dungeons like totc and naxx
    and somtimes people can be ***wipes and vote me out of random hc's cause of my gear

ive been basically farming hc's (when i dont get kicked out) and trading in triumph to get some okish gear

so what can i do to get gear without spending hours and hours farming hc's for triumph?
    Zygor Dungeon Guide

Paladin - Level 85 Using Zygor guides since level 32!
    Paladin #2 Level 85 4days /played
    Deathknight - Level 85 Zygor Guides all the way!
    Warlock - 85 Zygor Guides since Level 72!

Zygor leveling guide

You can also do battlegrounds to get honor points, to buy some gear.

I'm in exactly the same situation (see Reliq in my sig) so I feel for you!
    Proud noob, opinionated nerd, and asker of obvious questions.

Main: Reliq (DK - 85).
    Alts: Baym (Paladin - 85), Aotearoa (Priest - 85), Selleck (Hunter), Reliqa (Warrior)

Comment

Originally posted by rokku View Post
      You can also do battlegrounds to get honor points, to buy some gear.

I'm in exactly the same situation (see Reliq in my sig) so I feel for you!
      I am pretty sure the BG awards is PvP gear, isn't it?
      "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

I've no idea, and honestly can't tell the difference They're just better than the crap I was wearing.

Alts: Baym (Paladin - 85), Aotearoa (Priest - 85), Selleck (Hunter), Reliqa (Warrior)

Comment

It is, but its better than whatever you got then you first ding L80
          Even if you cant do hc, you can do random normals, that gives 2 emblems a day.
          I did random normals from L70, and got enough emblems to start off with gear at L80

Comment

Originally posted by rokku View Post
            I've no idea, and honestly can't tell the difference They're just better than the crap I was wearing.
            There is a difference between PvP gear and PvE gear. PvP gear has resilience and PvE does not.
            If you're working both parts of WoW, the best players I have worked with have two sets of gear; one for PvE raids/heroics, and one for PvP. If you work BG's and Wintergrasp, the ones that take zero damage when you open up on them have a good deal of resilience in their PvP gear.
            Thats the extent of my knowledge in gear though. Learning all this stuff is becoming a second job. LOL

Comment

Ahh, so that's where resilience comes into it - thanks

right now I'm a bit of a 'bitsa' player - bitsa PVE, bitsa PVP etc I think once I have the dailies guide whipped, I'll work on getting some good gear (or, level up a new toon and learn from my mistakes).

kilmaden - sorry for hijacking your thread!

Comment

i want to do PvE ,im not really into PvP
                im really getting lost in wow now xD so basically just farm hc's? is there any quests that give emblems or anything
                Zygor Dungeon Guide

Zygor leveling guide

Comment

haha no problem Rokku
                  Zygor Dungeon Guide

Zygor leveling guide

Comment

Originally posted by kilmaden View Post
                    i want to do PvE ,im not really into PvP
                    im really getting lost in wow now xD so basically just farm hc's? is there any quests that give emblems or anything
                    Nope.. sorry. Your best bet is to farm random heroics and work wintergrasp. Yes it is a pain, and you will have wannabe elitists out there, but dont worry about it. You're there to get your emblems, not make another player happy. Just do your best and you'll be fine.

Heroics = EoT = better gear. Get yourself 80 EoT's and then get to the vendor in the AT grounds in IC. Get the two gear set to give you the bonus. By then you should have enough honor pts from wintergrasp to get raw gems in SW at the SI:7 area. Notice I presume you are alliance? If you are horde, you'll need to ask where to get these gems.
                    Get your gear, then go to WoWPopular for the top gem choices for your class/talent build. This will tell you what raw gems to gather. Meta gems I just get at the AH.

As always, I'll toss in a "This is what I did" bit....
                    I have 4 pieces of the low-end T9 gear on my lock now. All my gems and enchants are in place that WoWPopular said I should have.
                    My DPS went from the high 1700's - 1800's to over 6500 yesterday.

As you can see by the pts, getting the right gear sets, gems, and enchants are very beneficial.

Even if you dont like PvP, wintergrasp is still the best place to get gems, just with the easy honor pts.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Sadly if you want to focus on PVE you need the emblems for the good gear. What I did was run random LFGs starting at 70 and just needed the items I really needed. That way every item I got put me one step better. It also gave me EoTs, pre-80, such that once I hit 80 I had enough EoTs to buy one tier 9 item.

I would suggest tough out the random LFGs because you will get eq to buff yourself up and you will get the emblems to get the better items. Getting booted did happen to me some early on and as a DPS class it really sucks due to queue time. Tough it out ... it gets better.

As things stand now I run a 4600 gearscore with all PVE equipment (shy one 1 PVP titanforge cuffs) and usually top out the recount numbers. One of my RL friend runs PVP non-stop trying to buff his equipment. He runs gearscore 4400, all PVP equipment, and does really well in BGs. When we group and run a BG he blows me out of the water on honor, kills and DPS. When we run real PVE stuff he simply has no clue about how to group and really lacks the experience. Sooo... be careful not to run PVP to the point you can't do anything else. You may end up like my friend that sits in Dalaran waiting for a Wintergrapsp running BGs inbetween
                      Cairne Realm
                      Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
                      Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
                      Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Champion's Seals, the currency gained at the Argent Tournament Grounds in Icecrown, can also be used to buy some blue ilvl 200 items from the quartermaster of the faction you've earned the right to represent. When you become a crusader, you can get purple ilvl200 items from the crusader quartermaster.

It's also worth it checking out what other factions around Northrend sell items you can use. Some of them don't exalted reputation, and as such can be easy upgrades if you've quested a bit around, or done a few dailies.

Atleast it's an alternative to all the heroics, and you can actually solo most of it.

Comment

farming toc normal then the icc normals is also a great way to get 200/i219 gear and you do not get locked out after one run.

Comment

I managed to achieve 5200gs on my Death Knight within 3 days played at level 80. Mainly due to pure luck and having a plan.

My technique was to whore heroics like mad the most beneficial ones i was aiming for was the ICC heroics. Only problem was when i hit lvl 80 i needed the gear to enter heroics. This was easily achieveable but it ment i wouldnt be getting my epic flying as soon as i thought.

The money i collected from leveling from 70-80 i used to purchase BoE epics with, mainly the crafted ones from Totc, these are quite cheap now, the cheapest being 200g on our server. This got me into heroics firstly and after getting a few more parts boosted me into ICC instances. The trick is to save as much money as you can from now on though, i was lucky enough to have 450 enchanting on my main and basically everything and anything i found i sold on the AH.

Remeber to do the daily random instance for badges and the weekly raid - you will find on the naxx weeklys people dont really care about your gear. Buying a 264 level item will boost your gear score greatly.

Doing all this you should achieve at least 5000 GS in no time. This is were your nice manners need to come into play and your elitist attitude. I was the guy people usually inspected during the raid and went "WTF HES GOT 5000GS". Usually people were nice enough to keep me in the raid. In order to get them to invite me i said things like "Hey sorry that i dont have the achievement and gearscore, but have my assurance i know what im doing and will not mess up", most of the time i got an invite. Dont whisper simple things like "HAI INVITE MEH DPS HERE".

With a nice conversation for an invite you will hopefully get invited to simple raids and start getting epics.

Rogue - Uprise
                            Death Knight - Upri
                            Shaman - Spade
                            Priest - Uprisé

Comment

Run, run, run (heroics) as fast as you can! Gear up quick to become an elitistjerks man!

Anywho, it's best to run heroics as DPS when you first hit 80, that way the group doesn't suffer from a lack of performance on the tank or healer's part. However, you could luck out and get into some really good heroics, just save your emblems, and as soon as you can purchase something from the triumph vendor: Get it!
                              85s
                              Skippyninja
                              Oomatherman
                              Judedaniels
                              MissRuPaul
                              Sumekomovani
                              Pattymelt
                              Shamwiches
                              Twonewon
                              Takakoinaba
                              Cursesmcgee

Comment