Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Guide Available

Zygor and Staff,

I am not one to usually write about how a product is better than a competitors offering, but after "time away", I have to say this is one hellva guide and I don't think I'll need to stray again. I hope you enjoy my personal story as I give my testimonial, and if it helps someone decide which way to go, all the better.
    Bear with me and let me give a little background. I joined the "World" around the time of WoLK. I felt lost and behind with my little toons compared to friends and others I saw already at max level, so a leveling guide was just what I needed. I felt I did my due diligence in research and Zygor's was the first leveling guide I ever purchased. It successfully guided me to my first level 80 toons for both factions. I am a bit of an "Alt"-oholic and have also started and progressed many other toons using the guide.
    There were things I was disappointed with, like the guides not finishing Storm Peaks or even venturing into Icecrown. Sure I was lvl 80, but there was still an unexplored world out there. And what about these "Daily Quest" that I saw my guildies talking about doing faithfully. They seemed to have plenty of cash, booku achievements, and all the best gear. I wanted to join in the reindeer games! So (cue music), I started to believe that maybe there were other, sexier guides out there, even with the new and improved Zygor's around the corner.
    One year after starting my journey in WoW, I switched to another guide. This guide offered Dailies and events that Zygor didn't do at the time. Just what I was looking for to take my toons to the next level. So I made the leap and switched all my toons to this new guide and for the heck of it, also purchased the leveling guide too.
    Yes, it was different. Not all the quest were the same as the "old" guide so I got to see new things I had not experienced yet, but I'm not really sure it was optimized for a smooth and fast pace. It was definitely a simple interface, which was refreshing for a time.
    Well, having read the title, you know there was trouble in paradise. A few months after the purchase, the guide site started publishing in their forum about how Zygor did them wrong and wanting JQ Public to raise their voice in protest (so it seemed). A rug had been pulled out from under them apparently pulling their pants down in the process and exposing their "dirty bits" (please excuse the bad puns). I was not about to join in the march, having used both guides and realizing there were pros and cons to both. I had put my cold hard cash on the table and was willing to wait to see what would come out of the affair - that is when they promised a new and improved guide that would satisfy any issues that they were violating with their current guide. (Yes, I even used their old guide until they released the new one - plus still no "Dailies and Events" guide from Zygor.)
    The day came finally, after numerous postponements. Their new guide was out! Oh, Boy! Let's fire this up! Oh, wait, it's not quite working right. Darn, it won't let me do...ah, man...it is so clunky...what the?...doggonit! All this time, and it isn't even working right. I didn't pay good money to be their "bug-finder"! Let's just say I was disappointed.
    Thankfully (and I mean that!), Zygor finally released a "Daily and Event" guide. I purchased it - trial unseen. Loaded it with the new Zygor Updater. Let me just say, referencing the original usage of the word - WOW! This is a great product!!! Sure, not everything is perfect, but everything that is far out weighs any minor bugs or annoyances.

Here is a small list of things that I feel distinguish it from "the other guy":

- Very professional offering. This is a well engineered product. It looks good. It works good. I work in the software biz and can tell you that this is pretty clean code with best practices applied. (I had started writing my own dailies and events guide so I tend to peek at code).
    - Little things mean a lot. The order of quest pickup and turn-in flows with the way it is presented in the game. You don't have to come back across the camp to the first character to pick up another quest you could have picked up earlier after you have turned in a different one to another NPC.
    - Auto-locate. Bingo, bango, bongo - this is where you are in the guide! Within minutes (or seconds), the guide is right at the level you want to be. Getting ahead? np. Stealthy rogue with fewer fights (and xp)? np. You don't have to scroll through all the quest in the guide to find your own place. Nice.
    - Easy to skip or move ahead through quests. Just click the advance (down) arrow. You can always come back if you want, nothing is "checked" until completed so there is no confusion as to what has or hasn't been done.
    - Presentation. Looks good, smells good, tastes good. Glad I stepped in it! Objectives counted as they are completed (so many of total needed). Color coded quest - Green is done, Red is not. Simple and effective without the need for another add-on.
    - No digging through "the purse". Need a quest item, oh, here it is. Yea, with all these full Frostweave bags, it's hard to find the Stick to the Mustang.
    - Daily Quest and World Events. Technically not a distinguishing feature, but based on the quality of the guides and previously mentioned discriminators, why use something inferior?

This is in no way a complete list, but just some of the features I have enjoyed since I returned. I am sold. Can't wait for the other goodies you are hard at work producing.

Great Job and Thank You! Color me checked and green - glad to be back!

Greyhame

Awesome testimonial, thank you for that, we really appreciate it! Glad to have you back and enjoying the guides. :-)
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Haha, Zygor's is like a really, really bad addiction. You think you can leave it behind for something else but before you know it you're right back with us.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
      X