Unable to download anything from the member area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to download anything from the member area

I purchased the alliance leveling guide. My computer's OS is Windows 7. I went to the members area and tried to download the alliance leveling guide I purchased. It starts to download then I get an error message:

Windows Internet Explorer

Unable to download ZygorGuides_Updater.exe from www.zygorguides.com.

Unable to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.

Please make sure you have no internet connection issues - if the site itself is working, the updater .exe file should download just as well, as should the .zip (should you try that as an alternative). If it doesn't, make sure you have no antivirus software set to prevent .exe file downloads from the Web.

Comment

If none of what zgdev suggests helps with the issue try using a different browser.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by eytheral View Post
        I purchased the alliance leveling guide. My computer's OS is Windows 7. I went to the members area and tried to download the alliance leveling guide I purchased. It starts to download then I get an error message:

Windows Internet Explorer

Unable to download ZygorGuides_Updater.exe from www.zygorguides.com.

Unable to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.
        i have the zygor programs and i install them as i just redid my wow installation. i cant get the zygor program on wow and i have changed browsers, checked my virus protection and firewall to make sure they will accept it. i have win 7 and am so frustrated by all of this as i cant cont my game without zygor. any help other than reinstallation and check my programs to make sure its not being prohibited would be appreciated. also i have downloaded the repair program too. help me...

Comment

Sounds like the addon is installed in the wrong directory. If you installed WoW to the default C:\Program Files directory then the addons need to go into an obscure directory, think it was something like C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
            Sounds like the addon is installed in the wrong directory. If you installed WoW to the default C:\Program Files directory then the addons need to go into an obscure directory, think it was something like C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons.
            i am still having a prob gettin zygor to load on my wow program. if i had known it was this much trouble i prob wouldnt have bought it. i have done what u told me but the last thing u said was to put it in my wow addons but what do i put in there???i dont know what to put in there. can u call me?

Comment

Well, I personally can't call anyone because I'm just a forum moderator and don't have access to any personal information (I'm not part of the Zygor team).

Run the Zygor Updater, click on the settings button bottom left, then make sure you put in the correct directory for the addons folder.

One other solution would be if you do have it installed in the C:\Program Files directory just move your entire WoW directory to a different location, like C:\. Once it's out of the Program Files area it will start to look inside the main WoW directory for all addons.

Comment

Originally posted by smalone View Post
                i am still having a prob gettin zygor to load on my wow program. if i had known it was this much trouble i prob wouldnt have bought it. i have done what u told me but the last thing u said was to put it in my wow addons but what do i put in there???i dont know what to put in there. can u call me?
                If you contact Zygor - zygor @ zygorguides.com - without any spaces you can tell him your issue and he can set up a remote session to install the guides for you :-).
                It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Working...
                X