My Account Was Closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Account Was Closed

I purchased this guide 3 days ago. Today, I just got my account closed without any notice from Blizzard. I have not violated the terms of service on my part (just leveled up to 20). I don't know if it's the guide or not, but I will keep you guys posted.

Hello!

I'm really sorry to hear about that :-(. What was the reason behind the closure, and how long was it for?

Silverhawk11
    It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

My account is closed permanently/indefinitely. I am awaiting information from Blizzard's Account Tech Services to find out exactly what caused the closure. Strange thing is that I did not get any progressive warnings or notice.

In the original e-mail, it stated the cause as:

Account Action: Closure
      Reason for Action: In-Game Chat Policy Violation - Advertisement and Spamming

But, I have never done Advertising/Spamming at all. Just guild/party/whisper talk. I'll post up more as details come in.

Comment

Hey I have been in that situation more than once,
        I think you might have a keylogger on your PC which got into your account and spammed a website (Gold farming adverts). Have you visited any Gold websites recently? or downloaded anything associated to wow?

Also Scan your pc with Spyware doctor/Malwarebytes and get the 30 day trial of Kaspersky (Best antivirus imo)

As silverhawk said get the authenticator for 6.99 or Free on the iphone/ipod touch App store =]
        Zygor Dungeon Guide

Paladin - Level 85 Using Zygor guides since level 32!
        Paladin #2 Level 85 4days /played
        Deathknight - Level 85 Zygor Guides all the way!
        Warlock - 85 Zygor Guides since Level 72!

Zygor leveling guide

Comment

And if things turns out good for you, get an autenticator too, or use the app one if you got an iPhone.

Comment

Greetings,

Yeah, it sounds like your account was compromised. They usually don't permaban anyone though unless it's pretty serious or you've had previous warnings/bans on your account. Be sure to take splob's advice and do some security sweeps on your computer. At the moment, an authenticator is basically a must if you have any interest in keeping your account. Make sure your computer in general is set up with security as well, to protect your own personal files as well as your World of Warcraft account (they're equally important ;-)).

http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...rticleId=30794
            http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...rticleId=20572

The first link is a wonderful 7-page article about computer and account security, and the second is more about account security and tips to keeping it secure. Hopefully this helps you out!

Also, I moved your post over to Off-Topic as it doesn't specifically relate to the Alliance Guides but we'd still love to help you out!

Best regards,
            silverhawk11

Comment

ok, I just ordered the Blizzard authenticator for my battle.net account (dongle). This should help, but only if my license status becomes un-suspended. Thanks for your help guys and I'll let you know the reply from Blizzard. Hopefully they can restore my main so I don't have to grind for 3 days again.

Comment

No problem! As long as it wasn't your fault, Blizzard will normally catch it. I've had two accounts compromised and I'll be honest, Blizzard has some of the best customer support available in my opinion. They got all of my characters/gold back, my password back, and everything in working order before a week was even over. Hopefully the same happens to you!

Comment

You'll also get a nice little 2-headed hellhound pet for getting an authenticator
                  Proud noob, opinionated nerd, and asker of obvious questions.

Main: Reliq (DK - 85).
                  Alts: Baym (Paladin - 85), Aotearoa (Priest - 85), Selleck (Hunter), Reliqa (Warrior)

Comment

Its an corehound pup :P
                    Not an hellhould.

Comment

Oh I didn't even know the name, it just looks hellhoundish to me
                      Proud noob, opinionated nerd, and asker of obvious questions.

Main: Reliq (DK - 85).
                      Alts: Baym (Paladin - 85), Aotearoa (Priest - 85), Selleck (Hunter), Reliqa (Warrior)

Comment

ok, so update:

Was on the phone with blizzard for 45 mins and got my account unlocked. changed passwords twice. got the authenticator with the corehound pup (which is kinda freaky looking).

They didn't mention the reason for my account closure, but I'm guessing it got compromised by a spammer/advertiser.

Thanks everyone here for your help and advise! Great forum! back to lvl-grinding!

Comment

Glad to hear you got your account back!
                          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Great to hear it
                            The corehound pup is funny, stay in one spot for a while and see the stuff he does.

Comment

Originally posted by isvein View Post
                              Great to hear it
                              The corehound pup is funny, stay in one spot for a while and see the stuff he does.
                              i never got one i been heard that people has had their accoungs hack due to the core hounds, so all the mails i got with the core hounds are deleted.

Comment

Working...
                              X