Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any interest?

Hello all,

I got bored this weekend and was looking for something to do so I wrote a small app that takes wowhead or wowarmory urls and outputs zygor guides lua code.

Not sure if there would be any interest in sharing this OR if I'm even allowed since it spits out Zygor based code.

Note to Zygor Folks, If you are against an app of such type please let me know and I won't post the link.

Full source code is included for those that can read source code, fully commented, written in ObjC, oh it's for Mac OS X users, sorry Windows folks I'm sure a good windows developer could follow the code and rewrite in .NET. Free of course.

I won't post the link until I get yay or nay from Zygor.

I'm a little confused as to what exactly it does (or the benefits thereof) but would like to hear more
    Proud noob, opinionated nerd, and asker of obvious questions.

Main: Reliq (DK - 85).
    Alts: Baym (Paladin - 85), Aotearoa (Priest - 85), Selleck (Hunter), Reliqa (Warrior)

Comment

I totally don't understand what this is supposed to do.

Comment

lol.

What it does exactly is accepts a WoWHead or WoWArmory Talent Calculator URL and then outputs the Zygor Talent Advisor code. That way you don't have to type it all out by hand if you use alot of custom builds like I do.

Make sense?

Comment

Indeed I was thinking, some time ago, that this sort of thing would be a good idea, but with a web front-end. But as I'm an OSX user, I'd be happy to test your app for you
          Proud noob, opinionated nerd, and asker of obvious questions.

Main: Reliq (DK - 85).
          Alts: Baym (Paladin - 85), Aotearoa (Priest - 85), Selleck (Hunter), Reliqa (Warrior)

Comment

That sounds quite nice, only downfall is that it still can't tell what order you want the points to be spent in. I'm a windows user so I can't help with any testing, but if you could come up with a way to allow a user defined points allocation that would give it full customization.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

@rokku: I'm going to contact Zygor support to be sure they don't object, I assume not since they allow you to use your own builds, but never assume!

@cabby: Yeah, currently the only way to tell it what order is to modify the outputted file by copy and pasting lines to different places. I had started working on an exact Talent Window duplicate but ran into some issues with DXT1 decompression. So I settled on this for now.

Comment

Ok OS X users (Leopard or Snow Leopard)

http://www.binarymethod.com/files/TalentConverter.dmg

Comment

Working...
                X