OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So is the guide worth it....Inside to find out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So is the guide worth it....Inside to find out.

The short answer is Yes, yes it is. A little back ground before I explain why I feel its worth it to any level player. I have played MMOs for a long time, my 1st was Diablo, if that is a MMO, then moved onto Diablo II, LOD, and have spent the last 7 years in SWG. Played Conan for a bit too.

So I am no stranger to leveling a toon. So why is it worth it, I will give a short answer. I started a toon out and after 7 days, actual days...as in a week, I was level 22 and filled up with quests that gave very little exp or was over my level. So I stumbled across Zygor Guides and gave the free level 13 a shot. Boy was I moving quickly in levels.

So I got the guide and rolled a new toon. Well in 7 days, actual days...as in a week, I achieved level 31. Not sure if that is good or bad since I am not a power player, only play 3 1/2 hours a day on average. I was scalping hide every chance I got and looted everything too. So many trips back to sell my loot. I also have been doing Dungeons for the Achievement badges too. So I have not stuck faithfully to the guide. That is the best part you can do as you wish and pick up where you left off.

Ok I know the website states that you can have a level 80 toon in just 7 days and I did not do that. Well I averaged 24 hours of play time in one week. So if I played 12 hours a day I bet I could be level 80 now. So it is possible to make level 80 in 7 days, just not this old man.

I will update next week where I am at, so you can see for yourself if it is worth the cash to get the guide. As of today I say yes, it is worth it. Saves time. For a causal player time is what it is really all about.

Week 2
    So I played about 24-25 hours this past week and I am at level 43. I still enjoy the guide and thanks for the tip of sending my alt the hide I collect, I have made about 70 gold so far doing that. Hell I feel rich now...lol. I will update in a week where I am at, so a casual player can get a feel on how long it might take.

Week 3
    Ok so I played about 30 hours this week and am at level 55. Man this guide makes it so easy to quest. The on screen way point is great.

Week 4
    So I am at level 65 this week, still putting in about 24-26 hours each week. This guide is well worth the cash. So glad I did, here in a couple weeks level 80....

Week 5
    hit level 72, still chugging along. Completed over 100 quest so far...lol

Week 6
    Slowed down this week, had real life to do...But I am at level 78. Still think the guide is worth it.
    Last edited by tellis29; June 10, 2010, 07:10 PM. Reason: Week 6

Glad you like the guides! btw is that /played days?
    Zygor Dungeon Guide

Paladin - Level 85 Using Zygor guides since level 32!
    Paladin #2 Level 85 4days /played
    Deathknight - Level 85 Zygor Guides all the way!
    Warlock - 85 Zygor Guides since Level 72!

Zygor leveling guide

Comment

Cool review! Just remember that the "7 days played" is total play time (168 hours). Sounds like you've done 21 or so

Just a tip - get yourself a level 1 alt, and park him/her in a major city, then when you're out questing with your main just mail back skins/drops you want to sell to your bank alt; this will save you loads of time!
      Proud noob, opinionated nerd, and asker of obvious questions.

Main: Reliq (DK - 85).
      Alts: Baym (Paladin - 85), Aotearoa (Priest - 85), Selleck (Hunter), Reliqa (Warrior)

Comment

Thanks for the tip on the alt. Yes thats 7 days played at that level.

Comment

There's a difference between 7 days played and 7 days /played. When you refer to 7 days played you're referring to 7 real days that you sit in front of the computer, but when the rest of us refer to 7 days /played we're talking about 7 days of in game time. If you type /played in the game you'll see how long you've /played and this is what we refer to as the 7 days /played time. It's really a big difference. For a normal casual player that plays about 3hr per day to reach 7 days /played time it would take you about 56 real days, or 2 months.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

New member using the guide.

Okay, i havent played wow for that long, just 2 years. With many high levelled 80's. It a pain to lvl! Im currently lvling 2 toons, a rogue and a druid and would like to say - AWSOME guide!! Took some time to figure out how the SIS fast forwarding system works because randomdungeoms is a must do!! Levelling is so much that easier now. Great job on the guide. Recomend it to everyone.

Comment

Guides worth it

I find these guides worth it, because my goal in wow is to have an 80 in EACH class, currently all my 80's were started prior to me obtaining the guide./ I started the guide with my warlock when she was 70, and managed to be 75 by the end of the day, in 2 days (real time). This was tested originally using my dad's computer (he had the guides and I didnt) after this, I bought my ow. I am a college student, and I have 3 kids, so sometimes I am lucky to even get 1 hour playing on wow. But with my goal, I used zygor and managed to get 3 more 80's BEFORE a month real time, each one of them has between 15 days=20 days on playtime. I wil say I have seen most benefits from playing one at a time, so I can now reach for the stars, and am currently leveling a dk, who is almost 64 but still...I am now anxious enough to buy the other guides zygor has! I definitely see the guides as worth it and I even bought one for my husband for christmas, but he will say he does not seee much benefit from it,but thats because he doesnty lke being told"go here, do this" hes a freestyle player, but with me having 4 80's and all aquired in about a month (one was 80 before I started using zygor)then yes, I think zygor is worth it! But of course, and I LOVE the talent advisory, no more of this "would this be good for leveling?" you can actually sound like a pro and make your friends envious with quick leveling!
              I make videos on youtube! Check em out, gaming videos mostly, and got my video testimonials for zygor stuff there!
              [URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/Onyxangel24"]http://www.youtube.com/user/Onyxangel24[/URL]

Comment

Thomas, you know they have an update where the guide fastforwards itself now, right? but sometimes this can cause problems because like on my dk, it told me to turn in this quest, but prior it skipped me on doing quests that would have opened the turn in, so I just abandoned the quest and right clicked it. and if you start it like i did with my hunter at 45, it will catch you up now to where your suppossed to be.

Originally posted by thomasbe1989 View Post
                Okay, i havent played wow for that long, just 2 years. With many high levelled 80's. It a pain to lvl! Im currently lvling 2 toons, a rogue and a druid and would like to say - AWSOME guide!! Took some time to figure out how the SIS fast forwarding system works because randomdungeoms is a must do!! Levelling is so much that easier now. Great job on the guide. Recomend it to everyone.
                I make videos on youtube! Check em out, gaming videos mostly, and got my video testimonials for zygor stuff there!
                [URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/Onyxangel24"]http://www.youtube.com/user/Onyxangel24[/URL]

Comment

Bump for week 2 update

Comment

Working...
                  X