Cataclysm Beta Opt-In Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cataclysm Beta Opt-In Available

The folks at WoW (Blizzard) have officially (as of 5/13) opened up the Beta Opt In option for Cataclysm. If you open WoW via the launcher, it is the first option in the Community section. As far as I know, keys are not available (I just signed up, so no e-mail yet). I could be wrong though. Has anybody received an e-mail or signed up yet?
    My avatar is an actual photo of me. Nice or ugly?

I don't believe beta invites have gone out yet. Right now I think they are just accumulating a list of potential candidates and their systems. I would venture to guess that beta invites won't go out at least until the Starcraft II beta is complete at the earliest and most likely invites won't go out until the after SCII launch in July.
    My tanks:
    Losfer 110 Tauren Protection Paladin Area 52
    Prassan 110 Tauren Guardian Druid Area 52
    Theomach 102Tauren Protection Warrior Hyjal
    Paschendale 100 Night Elf Brewmaster Monk Sargeras
    Shangol 100 Troll Blood Death Knight Area 52
    Nassic 100 Blood Elf Vengeance Demon Hunter

My DPS:
    Kastenessen 100 Human Fire Mage Sargeras
    Thoraynayla 110 Orc Marksmanship Hunter Arear 52
    Findail 101 Forsaken Destruction Warlock Area 52

Comment

Blizzard said:

Cataclysm Beta
      We'll make it very clear when the time comes that the beta has started and what to expect if you are selected. Currently, with the StarCraft II beta, players who were selected were sent an email and were asked to log into their Battle.net account to access the beta download. Cataclysm beta should work similarly. We'll do our best to be as clear in the process as we can so that everyone can hopefully avoid the more unscrupulous schemers who attempt to phish for accounts.

Just to be clear now, we have not started any beta invites at this time. Please be cautious of any emails you may receive until we say otherwise

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/25171...-us-cata-news/

So all e-mail with Cataclysm Closed/open beta is a scam trying to steal your acount.

Comment

Good research and post Rena.
        Thank you very much.
        "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

I talked to my local GameStop guy earlier today and he said to wait until after E3 finished up at the end of the month. I'm going to say sometime between that date and 2010 Blizzcon end date (8/21 or 8/28). The Opt-in is available but they are working on 3.3.5 in PTR, which leads me to think Blizzcon for beta. In the past, Blizzard has always released WoW and its expansions in November ahead of the Christmas holiday rush. There is no reason to think they will do it again. Keep an eye out on the WoW forums, though, for details.
          My avatar is an actual photo of me. Nice or ugly?

Comment

I hope I get to participate in the beta. I was fortunate enough to get accepted into the Starcraft 2 beta, so my fingers are crossed for Cataclysm :-D!
            It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Working...
            X