Tuned daily run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuned daily run

Has anyone gone through and made their own daily run LUA file? I ran the daily gold run twice and both times ran out of steps due to my daily JC and cooking so thought why not hack my own. I am not doing anything fancy, just editing a copy of the existing guid keeping things I like, removing things I don't, change some things (like withdraw mats from bank instead of AH) and so on.

I think it would be interesting to see what other people do, and skip, and maybe share but ... the actual step by step portions is what we are actually paying for right? Guess we would need official input if we could share daily run hacks.
    Cairne Realm
    Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
    Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
    Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Originally posted by antacus View Post
    I ran the daily gold run twice and both times ran out of steps due to my daily JC and cooking so thought why not hack my own.
    I am not doing Guess we would need official input if we could share daily run hacks.
    Are you going to Hack wow? i would not advise it as Warden 2 (3.3.5) is out and never ever hack on patch day

Or are you planning to create Tracks? and your own sort of guide?
    Zygor Dungeon Guide

Paladin - Level 85 Using Zygor guides since level 32!
    Paladin #2 Level 85 4days /played
    Deathknight - Level 85 Zygor Guides all the way!
    Warlock - 85 Zygor Guides since Level 72!

Zygor leveling guide

Comment

I just took the existing zygor guide(s) for fishing, cooking, JC and 2-3 rep quests plus chunks from the gold run ... munged them into a single LUA file that I can run instead of doing the zygor cooking guide, then the zygor JC guide, then the zygor fishing guide, then the zygor rep guide for abcd, then the .... you get the idea. Load and run one guide a day instead of 4-8 different ones. Plus, a lot of the different quests overlap so why not do two quests at once if you can before leaving an area?

IMHO, you have to be a moron to try to hack the actual game. That or an arrogant umm... person to think you can outsmart a company that makes their livelihood on their code. I am sure it can be done but the effort you put into such an endeavor would take away from a serious amount of RL, work and play time. Not what I want to do with my life
      Cairne Realm

Comment

This is definitely something worth trying; I don't do all the quests in either speed guide because some of them just downright annoy me

The only guide making I have done was a deadmines quest pick-up; it took long enough just getting the guide addon to load my file LOL Still fun to try my hand at, though
        Proud noob, opinionated nerd, and asker of obvious questions.

Main: Reliq (DK - 85).
        Alts: Baym (Paladin - 85), Aotearoa (Priest - 85), Selleck (Hunter), Reliqa (Warrior)

Comment

Let's see if one of the Zygor team will chime in here and give a thumbs up or thumbs down. If they approve we can create another sticky similar to the Talent Builds thread for the users to share their personal guides they've created.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
            If they approve we can create another sticky similar to the Talent Builds thread for the users to share their personal guides they've created.

This is something we will need to take into consideration and hopefully we can come up with something that works for both our company and pleases the community as well. For now, it's a no go for the sharing of any custom guides made to work with Zygor Guide Viewer on our forum.
            Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
            http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by rokku View Post
              This is definitely something worth trying; I don't do all the quests in either speed guide because some of them just downright annoy me )
              100% agree, I have the Hodir spear quest and the finding the documents just takes too long to collect keys and open empty boxes. That one is all random rolls.

Originally posted by ZG Support View Post

This is something we will need to take into consideration and hopefully we can come up with something that works for both our company and pleases the community as well. For now, it's a no go for the sharing of any custom guides made to work with Zygor Guide Viewer on our forum.

I kinda figured that would be the answer since to meet the Blizz rules the viewer within WoW is "free" and we pay for the other portions. Still it would be interesting to see if there is a way for registered paying users to share guides.

I am still working out a few little bugs with my current build and to be honest by the time I get it done I may have to update it again changing out who I do the daily rep runs with
              Cairne Realm

Comment

the best thing I have done is run several of my 80's through the pre-quest zone for IC. Now, in addition to running the cooking/JC/fishing dailies, I can work on most of the gold guide on each toon up to the 25 limit.
                The gold quantity builds up on each toon pretty quickly, and really doesnt take that long to complete that part of the guide.
                "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Working...
                X