Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first experience with Zygor Guides

Hello everyone!

I bought Zygor Guides and Dailies for just a few hours ago.
    The addon itself is great, and is actually more than what I expected.
    But what I appreciate the most, is the small nifty features such as when you're scrolling in Zygor's quest log, it scrolls by quests and not by the mouse's scroll speed.
    Also, instead of having to click through 200 quest steps, you just mouseover and scroll through the steps within few seconds.

Note:
    Even though it may seem like I'm having a hard time with this addon, it's far from true. I'm having a blast, and like I've said before, I would've been questing ten times slower without it.

But I've found a few "bugs" in this really awesome addon, there are some missing steps when you're questing in Ashenvale, somewhere in Zoram Strand, I think.
    Also in Stonetalon Mountain, when you're actually gonna get the Gaea Seeds, you get sent to seed them instead.
    And in Thousand Needles, on Serpent Wild quest, it jumps right to delivering the quest.
    And have to speak with Motega Firemane to continue the Sacred Flame/Fire quest

I did the Sacred Flame/Fire quest, and it turns out that Motega didn't have anything to do with that quest.
    It was Rau Cliffrunner, yet I have to speak with Motega to continue the quest.
    Now I'm really lost. =/

It's on step 71 in Level 25-30.

Ah, I had to do the Alien Egg quest first, but the Zygor Guides didn't have that quest in the steps.
    Could it be that it ignores lower quests at default?

Although, I can see that I'm questing a lot faster than doing zone by zone, it can be a "wee bit" frustrating when the Zygor Guides sends me off to kill two level 30's in level 26.
    Guess if I had a few potions it would turn out fine, but I visited the graveyard 3 times, second time because of backspawning.

And there's a few quests in Stonetalon Mountain that I could easily do first, but I'm sent off from Stonetalon to Ashenvale, then sent back to Stonetalon again to do the quests that I could've done when doing the other quests.
    Wich I did, of course, but just mentioning it.

I could've written a whole lexicon about how awesome this addon is, but you guys already know it.

Are you by chance trying to manually pick different steps and/or guide sections? If so this would explain the apparent erratic behavior to the guide and quests.

Normally the guide will skip some quests that you don't need if you get ahead of the guide too far in levels. No matter what tho, you should always allow the guide to do any skipping and just keep following what the guide says. It will stay close enough to you in levels that you'll still get great XP, and allowing the guide to skip or go to the next section will allow the guide to know exactly what's going on.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I haven't skipped any steps, until now.
      The Sacred Fire quest; killing those elementals as a Mage is impossible, they are immune to frost, and you take only 100 damage at top with fire.

I'm doing exactly as the guide tells me to do, but still there's some quests that are missing, and I'm taking "unnecessary" trips back and forth (explained in first post).

No doubt that I'm exp'ing faster than what I would have without this addon.
      I mean, these trips back and forth are really worth it, and it's quite fun to quest in several different zones.
      It actually makes me more motivated to do quests.

But should I slide "Allow levels ahead" back to zero?
      Since the quests didn't pop up anyways.

Comment

Yeah, I normally have that slider at either 0 or 1 for a setting and they both work well. I'd recommend making sure that the 'skip impossible steps' box is checked also. This should help reduce having the guide want you to do stuff that you can't do due to pre-requisites being missed.

Most of the traveling back and forth is intentional to allow you to get things like flight paths and to not have you get burned out doing too much in one area at once.

Comment

Well, the thing is, I haven't missed any quests at all.
          Like for instance, from step 63 to 95 is nothing about accepting a quest having to do with Steelsnap.
          Yet I have to do it, but I'll mark the "Skip impossible steps" box. Thank you.

But flying back and forth, isn't that so you only do quests with great exp reward and mobs giving you decent exp?
          Or would it actually be faster to do zones by zones, if you skip most of the junk quests?
          I wouldn't do zones by zones, as I get unmotivated really quickly, but just wondering.

Comment

The traveling serves many purposes. One of them is breaking it up so you're not stuck in one zone all the time. The main reason is that a lot of quests are reliant on other quests being done (chains) so going to do them when the XP is good is always better. Trying to get all these chains worked in leads to a lot of traveling. Trying to just do zone by zone would probably be a lot slower since you'd then have to go do chain starter quests for little or no XP.

Comment

Ah, great; I thought it was something like that.

Btw, I've written a list of missing quests and quests in wrong steps.
              I'll post them soon in the Horde Guide Errors section.

I am 100% certain that I haven't missed any quests, since like the Sacred Fire/Flame quest, I already had the Alien Egg quest, but it didn't appear on the Zygor Guides' quest log (explained in first post).
              When I'm in a town to accept a quest or two, I accept every quest in that town.

Even though it may seem like I'm having a hard time with this addon, it's far from true.
              I'm having a blast with this addon, and as I already have said, I would've been questing ten times slower without this addon.

Comment

I have levelled several toons of different classes (Horde and Ally) with the guide and have had no such issues that you are experiencing....
                The only issue that I did have was when levelling a Priest, i had trouble with mob killing....especially when I was in the lower levels. This was not due to the guide itself but that I would constantly run out of mana.

I not sure why you believe the guide is missing quests. The guide is designed to get your toon from 1 to 80 as fast as possible. To do this Zygor believes it has picked the fastest route possible. Thus, the guide has to miss quests. In fact it misses tonnes of them, entire chains at times.

I am currently levelling a Belf Rogue and I am racing through the guide with no issues. I have the slider on 2, for the extra Rep and gold from doing a few more quests. I normally have the slider on 1.

Comment

Well, I just realized there's two different kind of quests, Sacred Fire and Sacred Flame.
                  Can you remember what level you were when you were questing in the Thousand Needles?

Since, when I was going to talk with Motega Firemane, there wasn't any exclamation mark above the NPC.
                  Nor with Rau Cliffrunner, until I did the Alien Egg quest, wich neither quests had anything to do with that quest.
                  I must've dinged right after doing it, since I couldn't accept any quests from those two NPCs.

Doing The Sacred Flame quest was quite a pain in level 26, since the respawns was really fast.
                  The first time, both the level 30 centaurs dealt more damage than I took.
                  But I managed to kill one of them, and the second time, I got killed because of backspawning.
                  The third time, I just cleaned absolutely everything, because of patrols and backspawning.
                  So I had more space to take down both of them.

The Sacred Fire was even worse, I just skipped it.
                  Since the elementals are immune to frost, and strong against fire.
                  I used Fire Ward and Dampen Magic to reduce their damage, and Blink every time they stunned me.
                  Although it happened a few times where I blinked into another elemental, since I couldn't change direction while being stunned.
                  But I had to use arcane spells, wich I had no talent points in, and took just a little bit more than fire.
                  It was just too time-consuming that I just skipped it, I talked to a friend that have a 80 mage, wich also said that the quest was really painful, especially if frost specced.

Well, I feel I'm just sitting here and bitching, and repeating myself.
                  Guess it's hard to be a noob. :P
                  But just try to check the steps in Stonetalon Mountains, Ashenvale and Thousand Needles.
                  I'm certain that there's a few errors in there.

Comment

Originally posted by xzec View Post
                    When I'm in a town to accept a quest or two, I accept every quest in that town.
                    Don't do this, this can mess up the guide. Only accept the quests the guide tells you to do.

Comment

Yes, what Cabby says. The idea of the guide is that you ONLY do what the guide says - don't pick up any quests that aren't in the guide - just trust and follow the guide exactly and it will all fall into place

I've levelled a mage to 40 (so far) with the Horde guide and have had no problems with missing quests, level-inappropriate quests, etc.

Comment

Ah, that's a relief! Thanks a lot, guys.
                        My bad, I'll stop accepting every quest I come by, and actually start following the guide exactly as it tells me.

I've leveled up to 30 in 4 days, and I'm really, really lazy in questing.
                        If it wasn't for Tarou's site advertising for Zygor, I'm most certain I would still be in level 20. :P

Comment

Working...
                        X