XP / hr averages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XP / hr averages

Hey all, I was wondering what type of XP per hour you are getting and your play style so another questioner from me

Level (when you measured): 65
    XP per hour: 188,000
    Play Style: Nothing but LFG as tank
    Comments: Ran two instances back to back, three minute wait total. Died four times between both runs. Standard 20% BoA XP bonus.

Level (when you measured): 54 to 60
    XP per hour: 240,000
    Play Style: Zygor's guide with some power runs
    Comments: 300% RAF + 20% BoA XP bonuses with three levels of power runs through Strat
    Cairne Realm
    Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
    Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
    Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Originally posted by antacus View Post
    Hey all, I was wondering what type of XP per hour you are getting and your play style so another questioner from me

Level (when you measured): 65
    XP per hour: 188,000
    Play Style: Nothing but LFG as tank
    Comments: Ran two instances back to back, three minute wait total. Died four times between both runs. Standard 20% BoA XP bonus.

Level (when you measured): 54 to 60
    XP per hour: 240,000
    Play Style: Zygor's guide with some power runs
    Comments: 300% RAF + 20% BoA XP bonuses with three levels of power runs through Strat
    Idk how much xp per hr i get but i get about 1/2 a lvl an hr(mesured at lvl 75)

Comment

Don't really pay any attention to it. I've only got one toon (I play) that's not 80 yet. My 76 death knight. He only does 4 or 5 dailies everyday (and except for midsummer stuff, that's all he's done since level 70). No dungeons and the only killing he does is in relation to the dailies. I see a level up about once a week.

Dalaran fishing (except Wintergrasp)
      Dalaran cooking
      Dalaran jewelcrafting
      Howling Fjord - break the blockade
      Borean Tundra - walrus picnic baskets (I reached exalted with walrus this weekend but 3 of the 5 JC dailies have drops near there).

Comment

Haven't payed too much attention to the XP/hour numbers, but on my upper 40s pally it's 1 level per 1.5-2 hours depending on how much traveling is involved during that level. Just following the guide and occasionally queuing up for a random.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Ohh well, guess I am just a little bit anal about knowing stuff like that. Titan Panel, and I am sure there are others, makes it very easy to track and honestly I am not sure how I lived without it before it was installed
          Cairne Realm

Comment

Between level 46-50 I averaged around 55 - 65,000K an hour.

Comment

So, one downside I have found to leveling via LFG is the XP/hr greatly depends upon the other people in the group. Last night's run had an honest to goodness hunTARD who did not know how to play their toon along with a healer that kept moving past me to heal ... no idea why. Bad guys dead behind me, bad guys alive in front of me ... safe place for a clothie is behind the tank, not pulling fresh mobs from in front of the tank while we are still fighting previous ones right? Retards. If not for the cooldown I would have quit. Though, I heard rumor from my guide last night that once the first person in a LFG dies the cooldown is gone for the entire group. May need to look at that next time.

Between those two I barely broke 130k/hr last night, 50k/hr shy is the previous runs.

Edit: OK, so I realized I was getting extra XP early on due to rested bonus. When I packed a bunch of runs back to back the rested went away and my XP/hr dropped to about 150k/hr in the avg group and 210k/hr in good groups.

Also, as a tank type toon I found an area that yields me 410k/hr, unrested at level 69, as long as I can run and that includes stopping to drink mana/health when needed. I was able to keep just above 400k/hr on two different days for over 30 minutes each day. INSANELY boring but this is by far the fastest rate I have found yet.
              Cairne Realm

Comment

I am prolly one of the few who actually tracks minor details like xp/hr so here is an update to what I found. Three different routes to compare with no rested on any of them so they are about as close as you can get. All of the below also includes +20% boost for BoA equipment. On the upside all three methods is about 95% "up" time meaning as a prot pally I was able to run with very minimal drinking/eating.

1) LFG queuing as tank: ~275k/hr with good groups but can drop to 190k/hr with poor groups and happens more then I would like to admit.

2) Pally grinding in Howling Fjord: ~450k/hr but BORING as sin. I say about because at times others saw what i was doing and tried to mimic it hence lowering my available bad guys. At times I had high xp/hr but at times I also had lower. No loot and still take damage. I got over two levels using nothing this method and it comes out to about 3.5g in repairs per level. This is right outside the gate where the boat lands so food/repairs/inn are all right there. The bad guys come in non-stop so the fight only ends when you need a break. This does have a limited life as the bad guys are levels 67/69 so diminishing returns starts at 72 I noticed.

3) Zygor questing: 383k/hr. I did 4/5ths a level in the 70-72 guide while being level 73. Gained about 150gold and a couple items. Picked up flight points and rep with various factions. Keep in mind this toon was given best of everything I could find which included cold/swift flying at level 70 so getting around is very easy.

In the end ... I think a combo of one daily for EoTs then following the guide is the best option based upon what I found.
                Cairne Realm

Comment

Well, major update on this one. I STRONGLY recommend not grinding out in the gates outside the starter area in Howling Fjord. I used that area to grind out right around 2.5 levels and I guess Blizz did not like that. I got an email, this past Thursday, about my account was using 3rd party "hacks" and has a 72 hour suspension. I have to agree with nin's post that Blizz support is not exactly the easiest to reach. I spent the entire weekend trying to call at various times and after 54 phone calls I finally got an answer other then "we are sorry but our hold queue is full... " then they hang up on me. After about 20 minutes of holding I had to hang up because we were going out to dinner. 72 hours from the initial email was up about 16 hours ago and I still can't get in.

Short version, do not power level yourself in any fashion that Blizz does not approve of. How do you find out what they do not approve of? If I ever am able to reach anyone to get my account un-suspended I'll ask

UPDATE: All fixed and I am told my account is back to normal and all the strikes against me have been removed. I had three things I thought caused this and addressed all three in my email. After talking on the phone I *think* it was the grinding but never did get verification. The only answer I was able to get was:

Hello,

Account Name: <Billy Bob>

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding the World of Warcraft account you are using. We understand your point of view and have thoroughly reviewed this issue. As a result, the account action has been removed from the account and all involved parties have been addressed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
                  Cairne Realm

Comment

Just a little update for anyone who is comparing.

Using a combo of LFG and the guide I had a grand total avg of 464k xp/hr for level 79.
                    Cairne Realm

Comment

Working...
                    X