Thoughts of a other guide's Guide Switcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts of a other guide's Guide Switcher

So, I picked up Zygor's guide yesterday after having used other guide's guide to pretty good results, for a year or so now. The main thing that started to annoy me about other guide's guide, and the thing that caused me to actually hop over and peek at Zygor's is the leveling order. other guide's guide has you constantly fighting mobs 3+ levels above you, which makes it near impossible to use it with any type of cloth wearers or really anything that doesn't have the best armor at that very moment.

I have decided, since I have used other guide's guide for a good while, to post my thoughts on the two so that other people looking to find a replacement to other guide's guide can have some advance notice of the good points, and bad points of Zygor's compared to other guide's.

So, first leveling order: Yea, it rocks on Zygor's side. Aside from one quest that seems out of order (Which I reported, and was a fairly recent change so I am not faulting Zygor on this) I have yet to hit anything that was so far above me that it was hard, or killed me multiple times (As would happen with other guide's guide, and I have played WoW since Alpha so I am not a new player by any stretch of the imagination).

Along with the leveling system, the Smart Injection system is great. I have already seen it kick in and bump quests off my list because I had already gone far enough that it was a pointless quest. With other guide's you go in order, and if you want to go out of order, well good luck. If the SIS continues to work as it has, you have built one hell of a great system.

Talents: No challenge here. other guide's uses Talented, which is a massive pain in the butt to work with (You have to watch the video to even understand how to set the templates). Plus, other guide throws 4-5 spec templates per class (Many of which end up scrolling off the top of the screen so you can't select them) and that's confusing for the people who are typically buying these things: New players. I like that Zygor's guide has 1 talent spec per class, and that it automatically selects it, and pops up a box saying "I recommend this, do you want to take it" on leveling.

Consistency: Again little challenge here. other guide's uses Talented + TomTom + Tour Guide for the functions, so you have to set settings in multiple plugins. Zygor's is nice, it's all built in and you aren't installing 3 plugins to make it work (Well, you do but...it's different). The UI is consistent as well, which is great.

UI: This means very little to me, so I am going to briefly touch on it. I am a KISS person, and love very minimal interfaces. Zygor's guide is a bit more UI...ie than I typically go for but it's not to the point where it distracts from what's going on. Plus, the options to hide the leveling steps during battle really helps. Overall I cannot complain about it to be honest.

Installation: Ummm, yea Zygor's.

So, so far Zygor's is winning out over other guide's. Now, I cannot pass final judgement until I hit 80 with my new char and see how long it takes, vs how long it has taken on other guide's. Once I hit 80, I can give a final opinion.

Awesome, thanks, glad you like the our guides so far! You'll be pleased, I think, with what we're cooking up behind the scenes right now. :-)
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Yeah, just wait until you have some of the fried Gnomes that Zygor can cook up. It's delicious.
      It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

I call dark meat!!
        "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

he said gnomes not dwarves silly :P
          [URL="http://www.livestream.com/15501258"]Watch my live stream :)[/URL]

[COLOR="darkorange"]F[/COLOR][COLOR="red"]T[/COLOR][COLOR="royalblue"]A[/COLOR]!

[COLOR="darkorange"]Halcius [/COLOR][COLOR="purple"]85 [/COLOR][COLOR="cyan"]DK [/COLOR][COLOR="red"]Garona[/COLOR]
          [COLOR="darkorange"]Paally [/COLOR][COLOR="purple"]85 [/COLOR][COLOR="cyan"]Pally [/COLOR][COLOR="red"]Garona[/COLOR]
          [COLOR="darkorange"]Warthan [/COLOR][COLOR="purple"]62 [/COLOR][COLOR="cyan"]Hunter [/COLOR][COLOR="red"]Garona[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
          X