class guides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

class guides

i was browsing around on the site last night after downloading the guide and i found a section to where you can look at class tips for hunters/mages/dks/etc ...

I cannot seem to find that this morning ... was i dreaming it?

Are you sure it was this forum and not another website?
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

i'm fairly certain it was on this site because i was looking at some things for mages ... like i said, i could've dreamt it up, i had some pretty far out there dreams last night

Comment

There have been many discussions on the different classes here and there so maybe it was one of those threads. We don't have any actual sections setup for the specific purpose of discussing different classes.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

With websites like elitistjerks.com, I wonder what else can be done about class discussion?

Just wondering what you may be looking for, and how many may be interested in that.
          Id be willing to put in some time on setting it up and getting it rolling.
          "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
            With websites like elitistjerks.com, I wonder what else can be done about class discussion?
            The problem with EJ, is that you have to sift through enormous amounts of info and that most of the info is geared towards level 80.

Finding guides for lower levels is pure luck. I've found them for hunters, rogues, druids and locks, and man, did they make a difference! None of them were EJ.

Another thing I have had success with, is using wowhead.com for finding relevant gear upgrades. I use this constantly on my lock. All I have to do, is to right-click on an item and select "Find upgrades". I normally edit the level to two above current level first, but often use a setting of four. Five minutes of research, gives me a lot of suggestions:
            Using a +2 level of 44, I can see that gloves, back, and belt are optimal, and that I need a trip to Sunken Temple to pick up better pants. Too bad ST is not available through LFD at the current level.
            Bracers? Need to do "Doling Justice" in Feralas - the mobs are only from 40 to 44, so that should be doable with my Voidwalker out and a bit of Firestorm (need to do "Freedom for All Creatures" first).
            Boots... Hm, need to get my priest to level 35, so I can get tailoring above 225 and learn how to make new stuff.
            Neck and rings are on order with a JC - hope he logs in soon.

Gods, I love playing that lock!
            QQ

The CIA deliberately spread misinformation that tin-foil hats prevent mind control.
            The horrible truth is, that tinfoil hats enable mind control.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

I have heard many times "now that you are 80 you can start playing" and from the couple toons I have I must agree that after the first toon you make the 1-79 portion is simply a giant grind, booring as sin. This is where Zygor's comes in handy to help optimize the run and get you to 80 quickly so you can play. Most of the things you do before 80 are all trash anyway. A lot of people will change their profs, talents and glyphs as soon as they hit 75ish, getting ready for 80. Equipment is ever changing, even after 80, until you hit 5200-5400 gear score and then it just changes slower.

I say all that to say that sites like EJ are focused on end game because that is where everyone races to. most people don't want a tuned level 45. Now, you probably did find info on lower elvel toons because of twinks ... the level x9 toons (39, 49, 59 etc).
              Cairne Realm
              Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
              Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
              Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by antacus View Post
                after the first toon you make the 1-79 portion is simply a giant grind, booring as sin.
                Well, I happen to disagree.

I do enjoy the leveling process, learning how to play a new class - or at least a new talent tree.

My main is a MM hunter, but my new hunter (which I actually played before my main) is a BM, so the playing style is rather different.

I have a rogue in Northrend that started out as combat, until I got bored and switched to Subtlety, which is great fun!

I have leveled my druid to 54 as a cat, but I'm also going to try my hand at healing with it - sometime soon. Now, there is a versatile class!!! I'm going to level at least one more - just to try a new tree. Perhaps tanking...

Then there is my lock, that I recently started playing again - and I'm enjoying myself immensely.

Today I resurrected my priest from a life as a banking alt, and started out healing Gnomeregan twice with good results (I've never healed before).

So NO, leveling is not boring.

Endgame, on the other hand, is exceedingly boring, when you have nothing but ICC left. I'm sick of running ICC!!!!! I'm sick of running raids with primadonnas and whiners and complainers and rude people.

Equipment is ever changing, even after 80, until you hit 5200-5400 gear score and then it just changes slower.
                Yes, luckily That's where the fun and the challenge is, getting that new piece of gear and trying to get it as early as possible. Which is why I'm constantly ahead of the guide - that, LFD and heirlooms

Thank gods.. oops, that should be Zygor, for SIS.

Now, you probably did find info on lower elvel toons because of twinks
                Nope. Found some good hunter stuff at ensidia.com (cannot find it anymore, though), followed by some real good articles at huntsmanslodge.com.

For the rogue, it was Samuel Tempus at Slice and Dice (damn good site!) I've listed his three specs in the talents thread.

For druids, take a look at Tree Bark Jacket Resto Druid Guide. I think I listed that spec as well in the talents thread.

The lock really caught on with an article called "From awful to awesome", or something close, plus a few others.

Etc, etc. No twink sites and relatively little 80'ty-info. But yes, they all cater to lvl 80 as well.
                QQ

The CIA deliberately spread misinformation that tin-foil hats prevent mind control.
                The horrible truth is, that tinfoil hats enable mind control.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Personally, I have posted a ton of stuff on mages, mainly since I play one and have devoted my self completely to the class lol. What are you wanting to know? Perhaps I can be of assistance.
                  85s
                  Skippyninja
                  Oomatherman
                  Judedaniels
                  MissRuPaul
                  Sumekomovani
                  Pattymelt
                  Shamwiches
                  Twonewon
                  Takakoinaba
                  Cursesmcgee

Comment

Well, I stand corrected then

Personally I hate the 1 to 79 grind as much as I hate paying taxes every paycheck. Other people may really enjoy the story line and questing while other people may actually enjoy paying taxes. It takes all types to make the world go round. The way I see it? And this is me... the first toon all of the story lines are new and fresh. Past the first toon nothing changes. once you seen them you seen them. Think the result of collecting red bandanas and turing them in is going to change? Nope, exact same outcome 2nd and 3rd time you talk to the dude. Every time I run to ghostlands to explore for my world explorer title things are right where I left them from the last run. Quests you have not seen before? Ok, that I agree with and again, once you got Loremaster chances are you seen 90% or more of the quests already. Personally I hate questing because it is boring. So what if i quest as a druid vs a mage or pally... the quests, goals and world graphics are all the same.

I also agree, end game content is repetative. there is a lot of running the same instances over and over. I actually get tired of LFG with the pally because it is too easy anymore (shy of HHoR in another post) and they are all the same runs. I end up fishing, cooking and looking for other things ... maybe that is why the next expansion is ready
                    Cairne Realm

Comment

Do you PvP any, Anticus?
                      Sounds like you need a fresh approach to leveling or game experience.
                      "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

I don't get bored of lvln toons it's always new stuff but same quests!
                        I haven't done any LFG yet on my Mage but I have done a few BG'S and love the lower lvl bg's! Since I've been 80 on all four of my toons I ran. WG and the new ones once on my lok o Druid and that's it :S

but Ima try to lvl my Mage as fast as I can for cata! At lvl 24 and 99%(had to log lastnite or I'd been 25 in two more kills lol)
                        LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP
                        Dwarf Shaman-Shamme 90 Elemental/Resto
                        Nelf Rouge-Legolys 90 Sub/Ass
                        Pandarian Monk-Phood 90 Windwalker/Brewmaster
                        Nelf Druid-Ornek 85 Boomkin/Bear
                        Nelf DK-Zgknight 85 Blood/NA
                        Draenei Hunter-Bowz 85 MM/Survival
                        Worgen Priest-Loyder 85 Disc/Shadow
                        Gnome Warlock-Lotzadots 85 Destro/NA
                        Dwarf Paladin-Buradin 85 Prot/Ret
                        Gnome Mage-Zygors 70 Arcane/NA
                        Nelf Warrior-Talifan 61 Prot/NA

Comment

I am not much of a PvP type of person.

Right now I am simply trying to work on doing things I have not done before and get skills up. I ran in a 5-man group to wipe out a 25man WoW raid. Then ran a 3 man team to clear a BC instance I had not been in before (was a series of collecting keys). While we were there we tried to clear a 25man BC instance but that was a bit much. I am waiting on the expansion to come out because things are going to change finally.

I hear rumor all the equipment we have been working so hard for will be trash. The 277 ICC items will be replaced by simple green items we get from the 81-85 quest chains. I also hear that the 81-85 randoms and raids will actually require thought. I am torn on this one because HoR requires thought and it seems like the avg person is not smart enough to think in there. I also look forward to other changes like the talent trees and graphics. It is time for the expansion to be released cause WoLK is just old
                          Cairne Realm

Comment

This guy here has been putting out some nice videos of Cata. He has some videos of the new instances that will let you see what is coming if you want too.

http://www.youtube.com/TotalHalibut
                            You just keep doin' what it looks like you're supposed to be doin', no matter how crazy it seems.

Comment

The only old bit about WoLK for me is the grinding badges for gear. I'm trying to gear up a Holy Pally so he can do at least one ICC run before Cata hits, but it's so slow. I forgot how long it took for my DK to gear up because it was all new to me

I'm also not in much of a rush to get high-end stuff, since as you say it'll be replaced within a handful of quests in cata 81-85
                              Proud noob, opinionated nerd, and asker of obvious questions.

Main: Reliq (DK - 85).
                              Alts: Baym (Paladin - 85), Aotearoa (Priest - 85), Selleck (Hunter), Reliqa (Warrior)

Comment

Working...
                              X