OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow, all these testimonials make Zygor's look like a fad weightloss diet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, all these testimonials make Zygor's look like a fad weightloss diet.

I used Zygor's ages ago, it's been well over a year now, probably longer, how long has it been out?

I remember hearing about it on the WoW forums, and decided to bookmark it in case I ever wanted to use it. I'm one of those guys that values his time (which is why I've now quit WoW), but back then I really enjoyed playing but couldn't justify the time spent on levelling new toons because of inefficiency.

I'd have my second monitor constantly on thottbot or wowhead scanning zone quests, and realising that I'd just done step 2 of a chain where step 3 of another chain was. Was pretty annoyed at not being able to work out the best quest ordering and gave another guide a go. That guide was pointless and annoying, I still spent heaps of time on other sites looking stuff up.

As soon as I installed zygor's, I powerlevelled faster than anyone else in the guild, it was pretty sweet, as dungeon levelling was pretty good back then, and when everyone saw how fast i was going, never being in a dungeon, they went to open world questing, and without the guide, slowed down. Unfortunately for Zygor and his employees I didn't give my secret away, to them I was just 'that good', which suited me fine.

I quit the game about a month into the wrath of the lich king, vowing never to let it steal my life away again, but there's been a nagging to get back into it. I've recently taken up learning Russian as a second language, and had heard from lots of people that total immersion in another language is the best way to bring about your comprehension, both of text and voice. And that video games were a great way to learn.

So I thought: What game could I get through without needing to read any text, a game that I know so instinctively that I could autopilot it if I needed to, but focus on the content when I wanted to learn. A game where I could join people and hear them speak over a voip program, and also read lots of text that shows natural speech.

Goddamn it, it was WoW.

I wanted to start from he ground up, level 1, and had read about Cataclysm. My first thought was to check 'if that guide site is still running, what was it called? ziggy's? zygotes? ah, that's right, Zygor's'.

And yeah, apparently you guys are still here and doing pretty good for yourselves I see, I'm glad that my purchase contributed to that. The content in your forum kind of shows that the business model was a success, and so it should have been, you're giving people an edge in the world's most popular game, basically telling a player 'hey, we've been to this spot, lets do what we need to do, and move on, no screwing around like these other douchebags'

This is what I want for the new expansion. My goblin rogue will be awesome, efficient, and best of all, he'll pick up a little Русские along the way.

Thanks, Zygor! Your five minute abs program... wait - leveling guide really did the trick!

Haha, awesome testimonial, made me laugh. Thanks. :-D Glad to have you back!
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

No problem dude, you've stuck by your product and obviously had some good updates. And as a guy who makes tutorial vids for a second job, even your demo video on the front page is top notch. Eloquent, informative, no wasted time, clear, consice. Awesome.

So much has changed too, it's all great, talent point shizzle is epic.

But I do have a question! You know the photo of the disc cases and discs on the front page, do any of them actually exist IRL? I mean, I know it's all DLC, but there's a trend going around where developers show their logo on a box, or disks and stuff.

Do you actually have a physical box copy?

Comment

Originally posted by dutchinlive View Post
        Do you actually have a physical box copy?

No, the box pictures are just for display purposes. The reason we do not actually ship out physical cds is because by the time they would arrive they would be outdated, or would be shortly after arriving because the game and our guide changes so frequently.
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I understand the impracticality, especially with a product like yours, haha, thanks for the answer!

Comment

just imagine if you did have a boxed guide though, stock it at walmart and price it to $19.99 for all the guides in one box. The volume alone would make you more than your total sales to date lol.

Comment

... You mean you guys don't do crunches and push-ups while on a FP or auto-running?
              85s
              Skippyninja
              Oomatherman
              Judedaniels
              MissRuPaul
              Sumekomovani
              Pattymelt
              Shamwiches
              Twonewon
              Takakoinaba
              Cursesmcgee

Comment