Forum Theme Missing When Logged In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Theme Missing When Logged In

Here on the Forum, since you changed something a week or so ago, I can no longer see the Forum theme when I am logged in. If I am not logged in, the theme formats everything correctly. Of course, I can't post when I'm not logged in, only view threads. However, when logged in, everything is just black and white with blue links of course, and a long list of smileys, fonts, sizes, etc. The beautiful new Forum theme is nowhere to be found. I have tried this with both the Google Chrome and Opera browsers, and have even cleared out my browser cache on both, thinking that maybe the problem is on my end.

Please help me. I need to know how to fix this problem. If you don't understand what I'm talking about, I can attach a screenshot to my next post. Right now, this is terrible.

Edit: Well, I don't know if someone did something to fix the problem but at least I can see the theme now. It's much better now but the message listing is still kind of messed up, maybe a setting on my end. Whomever did something, Thank You.

I don't see anything different having been done in the past couple hours so I don't think anything was actually done.

For something like this there are 2 other things to try with your browsers. You've already cleared the cache but sometimes clearing the history and/or cookies also works so you might want to try that.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I had similar issues the last days. As aanounced they are working on the website and forum.
      Clearing the browser cache helped me.

Comment

Thanks Cabby.

Even though it's a lot better than it was, I still don't like the way the message index has a preview of every message on it (attached image #1 below). I would rather just see the message subject like you used to see on the message index and then, if I want to view the message, I can hover over the subject to get the tooltip for a preview. Or I can click the subject to drill down into the message view. The way it is now looks very messy.

Take a look at this board on my test site --> http://talesofthehavenexpanse.com/sm....php?board=7.0

Do you see how you just see the message subject, and if you hover over the subject, the tooltip gives you a preview (attached image #2 below)?

Is there an option I can set to just see the subjects of each message rather than the subject and a preview? If there is such an option in my profile, I can't find it.

Thanks in advance.

attached image #1 below

attached image #2 below

Comment

Not sure if this will work but click the Settings at the top of the page, then on the left under My Account click on General Settings. About half way down there's a section titled Thread Display Options. In there try changing the Thread Display Mode. That's the only setting I could really find that might do something like what you want but I don't think it will change what you're seeing. It didn't make any difference when I was messing with that setting and I still see it the way you want to see it. It might be something with your browser tho, I use Firefox and haven't had any problems so you might want to try that or (dare I say) IE to see if it still looks the same.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

There still seem to be changes going on. After logging in I again did not have a proper forum skin. After clearing the cache everything is ok.
            I also had the problems Zarpus posted with the screenshot in the last days but not at the moment.

Comment

OK, Great News guys !!!

Last night, when I checked the message index without logging in (as a guest), everything looked great. However, when logged in, the message index still looked as it did in the image I attached above.

Now, after a decent night's sleep, as I logged in this morning, everything seems to be looking as it should, including the message index. I am guessing that the Gremlins working the overnight shift worked especially hard last night getting everything up to speed and working properly. Great job Gremlins !!!

Nice new theme BTW. I think we can mark this one solved, for me anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by zarpus View Post
                Nice new theme BTW. I think we can mark this one solved, for me anyway.
                This is not the new theme. It's just the default VBulletin version 4 theme. The forum will go back to looking like the rest of the site soon.
                Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
                X