Forum cookie set too short a time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum cookie set too short a time?

I have noticed that since you changed the forum over that it doesn't seem to hold onto the login/password cookie for long - just a period of an hour or so. I've tried it with both Chrome and IE7... both have to be logged back in even if the 'Remember me' was checked when logging in.

So... if you could put 'check cookie length' on your 'To-Do list' it would be appreciated.

Thanks - and GREAT new design!
    Matt
    PS. Actually... I just realized that the login is site wide... not just the forum... but I'm sure you knew what I was talking about...
    * Signature to be Updated at a later time *

That's odd, I haven't had to log in to the site since the switch. Only time I have to log in is when I go to the members area, which I would expect to have to log in there all the time. Double check your internet cookie settings on your computer to play it safe. Also, I'm using Firefox so maybe you'd want to try that browser as well to see if it still acts the same for you.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I can confirm that Firefox is not having the same problem. It used to before the forum maintenance was finished. But what I want to complain about is my Safari Browser on my Iphone is having the same problem as voltec's. That was a real pain when I was trying to put up some Phase 4 pre-cata stuff up today. I would copy some from one page and put it in the post. But by the time I got finished putting stuff in and hit save my log in would be gone and nothing would save.
      I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
      Twitter @Chaos5061.
      Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Just fired up my Firefox at home and logged in... will see how this works for me. If it drops it then it may be my security settings in my Norton 360 although I've had that awhile and haven't changed anything. We will see....

Comment

using IE and same here always having to log back in very annoying

Comment

Originally posted by menderman View Post
            using IE and same here always having to log back in very annoying
            At first when this started, I thought it might be just a 'at work thing', cause that's where I first noticed it. Then it started at home and I've even tried Chrome, IE and Firefox (at home - only IE7 at work)... all the same... if I'm reading the boards and active, it stays logged in. If I walk away for any significant time, when I refresh, I have to log back in.

It's annoying, but not a show stopper for me.

Comment

Even happens on Firefox? I have they're newest version and it dosen't happen to me.
              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Of course I use tabs. So maybe that's different.
                Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

I'm using Opera and encountered the same. While cooking for the pilgrims I suddenly was not able to reply to threads as I got logged out of the forum. Must have been away from the forum between 30 and 60 minutes.

Comment

i get same problem using firefox.

Comment

Were looking into this and should have it fixed once things settle down a bit after the launch of Cataclysm.
                      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Don't know why, I have no problems with my cookie. The chocolate chip ones are the best.... er.... wait... wrong cookies.

Seriously, I don't think I've had to log in at all in the last few weeks with my Firefox, even now with my new Win7 & Firefox install on the 2nd hard drive I haven't had to re-log in, so I don't know why it's only affecting some.

Comment

Maybe not having the newest version of firefox? My version is 3.6.12 and is the newest version.
                          Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

That's the same version I'm running.

Edit: I was running an older 3.5 I think it was on my XP drive just a couple days ago and didn't have problems with that either so it might not be a Firefox version issue.

Comment

How about old versions of addons?
                              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Working...
                              X