Worth the money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worth the money?

Are the Zygor Guides worth the money? In a word, yes.

I started my WoW account about five years ago. None of my friends play, so I've pretty much always been a solo player. For a couple years, I played frequently but with no guide, I was basically just stumbling around and picking up quests when I ran across them. As a result, I never hit the level caps in classic or any of the expansions. Then I quit for about a year. In August, however, my partner succumbed to cancer... and I suddenly found myself looking for ways to occupy my mind and my time.

When I reopened my WoW account, I quickly discovered two things: 1) I'd forgotten practically everything about the game and 2) practically everything about the game had changed. I did a bit of research to try to relearn how warlocks work, and I also stumbled across the Zygor Guides.

I was initially very hesitant to shell out that much money for the guides. I'd used Joana's Guide in the past, but was never particularly impressed with it. Ultimately, I pulled the trigger on the package with both Horde and Alliance leveling guides. By the way, thank you guys for offering the Cataclysm upgrade free of charge (I ordered the guides on October 15, so I was within the window). I was impressed by that display of integrity and regard for your newer customers, because I probably would have paid for the upgrade. However, you've earned my loyalty for any future products you offer.

But back to the guides. When I got the Zygor guides, I had a level 68 warlock and a level 72 death knight. Just a couple weeks later, I had a level 80 warlock (my first level 80 character ever) and I now have a death knight who will be 80 this next weekend. And that progress was made with, truly, not a lot of time spent playing.

The way the guides spell out everything you need to do, the descriptions, the fact that you can click on items in the Zygor guide that need to be activated for quests (rather than digging through your inventory to find them), the wayfinding... it made everything so incredibly easy.

On both characters, I did reach a point when the guide said I should be at a certain level, when I wasn't yet. But in both cases, it was because I had used Joana's Guide previously, which did things in a different order (specifically, never doing ANY of the quests in Borean Tundra). It required some backpedaling and grinding to get caught up, but if those characters had started out in the Zygor Guides, it never would have been an issue... which is why I'm looking forward to starting a new character from scratch (Worgen? Yes, please) when Cataclysm finally launches, following Zygor all the way.

I'm sure I'll eventually buy the Dailies Guides, but right now I'm just focusing on leveling. Plus I'm not really sure what the point of the dailies is... but that's probably just because I don't know any better.

My only dilemma now is that, having soloed through 80 levels... I realize that I'm at a severe disadvantage when it comes to raiding. That's a completely different style of game play, and I'm utterly clueless about it. That, of course, has nothing to do with Zygor: It's just the unfortunate side-effect of "growing up" solo. The Zygor Guides, however, do exactly what they're supposed to, and I couldn't recommend them more highly.

Note: I am not paid by Zygor Guides, LLC. I just like their guides a lot.

Thank you for the post, were glad that we could make your gaming experience that much better! : )
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

If you want to become a better raid player...

1. Make sure your in a guild that does alot of raiding so that you have alot of buddies that know the raid mechanics well

2. Level up to level 60 using Zygor Guides and stop exp gain at 60 and do all the classic raids to get good experience raiding..This way you will get a foot in the door on how those fights work. Then once your feel comfortable then get to 70 and do BC raids...then 80...WOTLK raids...by the time you reach the cata raids you will become a seasoned veteran when it comes to raiding. Patience is key though as this will take some time.

3. Throw alittle PVP in there as well. I know PVP is a way different ball game but PVP forces you to think fast and will prepare you to be a quick decision maker for difficult fights.

Goodluck =)

Comment

Originally posted by jasonmstone View Post
        My only dilemma now is that, having soloed through 80 levels... I realize that I'm at a severe disadvantage when it comes to raiding. That's a completely different style of game play, and I'm utterly clueless about it.
        Raiding is not only knowing your toon, but working as a team or other players that need to know their toon. This is, of course, raiding, and not running dungeons.
        The suggestion to get into a good guild is a great suggestion, but this is just as difficult to do, if not more difficult.
        Find a casual raiding guild by asking in /trade which are the good guilds to look into for new raiders. Once you get passed the useless trolls, you should get some good answers.
        Warning: If you get an invite straight away, decline it. A guild that you can grow into and grow with is not going to take ppl 'off the streets.' They have a need to fill, or want to know more about you. Anyone that offers you an invite straight away is only looking for their number to go up by one more player.
        Keep asking about guilds and running random dungeons for JP's while upgrading your gear off drops. You'll get into a guild that can show you the ropes.
        Finally, be open to the leaders of the guild. If they have advise on what to do with your gear, your enchants, or gems, or whatever, give them a try. The worst thing to happen is you need to set it back to where you had it. I never had that problem when I started out; they need and want you to be the best you can be.

Feel free to ask me questions.
        "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Working...
        X