OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Junk emails to my Zygor Guides email address!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Junk emails to my Zygor Guides email address!

Hi Zygor,
    I suspect your database has been hacked/stolen (or your giving out my email address!) as I just got the following email "I just scored $853 in a month browsing the internet! It's all because of - Career Trends You will love me for this!".

I said it must have been stolen or hacked as I am fairly sure your not sending me these emails and the email address I have given you was ONLY given to you and has "Zygor" in the email address (I own a domain and give everyone a personalised email address so I know where junk comes from! ).

Once you have worked out how this happened I will block the old email address and give you a new one but don't want to do that until we find out how the current email address got out!

Regards,

Zas

i doubt its hacked i dont get junks in my mail probbly one who knows your using zygor

i have gmail

for an exempel hes using awerber as postmail sending ...

one real o one should look like these
    mailed-by smtp-confirmations-w-01.aweber.com
    signed-by aweber.com

Comment

Originally posted by johank View Post
      i doubt its hacked i dont get junks in my mail probbly one who knows your using zygor
      Just wrote a reply and it disapeared when I posted LOL Nevermind...

I would like to believe that the world is full of nice ppl but let's face it... its full of money grabbing people that will steal anything they can and in the moden world email address are worth there weight in gold and I dought Zygor highers a team to ensure his site can't be hacked... WowInterface got his DB stolen recently and when I first told them I was given the same responce by users (I want to point out I am not angry at Zygor the hackers are VERY good at what they do! ) but once they looked into it they found they had been hacked and there db had been robbed. It can happen to the best of us...

If you look at the facts it's the logical conclusion that someone robbed the db (or at lest my email address)
      - The email address in question wasn't something you could guess EVEN if you knew my domain, the fact I use seperate addresses for each company etc AND I use Zygor
      - I am fairly sure Zygor didn't sell/give away my email
      - It's not posible to get someone's email from the Zygor site
      - I didn't give it away to anyone (infact I have only typed it in once during registration EVER)

So if it quacks like a duck and looks like a duck.... it's a duck

Zas

Comment

I think Zasurus is on to something.

About five days ago, in response to an "I forgot my password" request, the Zygor site sent me my password, at my zygor-registered email address (the same one I was using for my Blizzard account).

Roughly 15-20 minutes later, at that same email address--I received a message from WOW, telling me that my WOW/Blizzard account had been locked down due to "suspicious activity." I thought it was a hoax. It was not a hoax. Someone had attempted to hack my WOW account & the WOW servers (or however that works) apparently immediately picked up that the connection into my WOW account was not one (of the two) I use to log into my account. Hats off to WOW/Blizzard. It was my fault, to a certain extent, as the password I was using for WOW was the same one I was using for Zygor.

Since then, I have changed all passwords (zygor, WOW, email account). Additionally, I have created a new, totally different, email account that is ONLY used for playing WOW. That new email account address has not been, and will not be, given to anyone else. Needless to say, that new email account has, yet again, a separate unique password.
        Last edited by WestOfCA; November 30, 2010, 11:28 PM. Reason: spelling, wording corrections, deleted repetitive words
        "Gaijin" (foreigner) in Japan.

Comment

OK as I don't think I am getting any official reply on this I will change my email again and see if it gets leaked again but err... How do I change my email address? The link in settings just forwards you to the change password page only

Thanks

Zas

Comment

I think, but I'm not sure, that it has to be done thru e-mails, i.e. the Zygor staff have to change it for you.

zygor @ zygorguides.com (remove the spaces)
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thank you cabby Will go anoy Zygor then!

Zas

Comment

I just got some more fake emails to a Zygor only address. So they are starting up again.

Comment

Spammers are randomly sending mails to generated addresses.
                  They use dictionaries or other keywords for the address and popular domain names.
                  If you use a forename@domain address you will more likely get spammed than using a forename.surname@domain address.
                  If you want a Zygor site specific mail address you better not use zygor@domain, this will most likely receive spam.
                  Also .com domains receive more spam than others.
                  The mail address I use here is something that every spammer with a name directory and mail provider domain list will shoot his spam at. I used to get about 150 spam mails every day. Other addresses I use never get spam as they are more complex.
                  It seems in the last weeks there's much less spam around, at the moment I get only 10 mails per day. Seems the providers did something.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
                    Spammers are randomly sending mails to generated addresses.
                    They use dictionaries or other keywords for the address and popular domain names.
                    If you use a forename@domain address you will more likely get spammed than using a forename.surname@domain address.
                    If you want a Zygor site specific mail address you better not use zygor@domain, this will most likely receive spam.
                    Also .com domains receive more spam than others.
                    The mail address I use here is something that every spammer with a name directory and mail provider domain list will shoot his spam at. I used to get about 150 spam mails every day. Other addresses I use never get spam as they are more complex.
                    It seems in the last weeks there's much less spam around, at the moment I get only 10 mails per day. Seems the providers did something.
                    While this is all true it is not relevent for me as I own the domain and get all emails to it (not just specific addresses) so if they where guessing they would have sent others and would not have got my more complex (not just zygor@domain.com!) email address in one go! So they have got my email address an know it is a wow email address (as they are mainly wow junk) so must be a leak or theft...

I have sent an email to Zygor asking them to change my email address so I can block the old one. Hopefully the leak has been plugged or was a one off and this will all be over.

Zas

Comment

Working...
                    X