This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eastern Kingdoms 12-20, Step 64

The picture self explains, the coords are wrong.

Update:
    It's not the coordinates that are wrong, it's more like the waypoint-marker is pointing to the wrong location. Step 67 is the same. The waypoint-marker guides me to 70,52 while the guide tells me that 45,22 is the correct location.

Looks like an Astrolabe problem, the coordinates in the guide file are correct.

Edit: There are again two maps with the same name. At least in the german client there is the zone "Ruinen von Gilneas" as the complete zone and "Ruinen von Gilneas" as the city map. Astrolabe has data for RuinsofGilneas and RuinsofGilneasCity but in LibBabbleZone there's only "Ruinen von Gilneas" and for english only "Ruins Of Gilneas".
    The position of the map dot it seems to be at the right coordinates at the Ruins of Gilneas City map but this is the wrong map.

Comment

I used the english client until i quit the game, the german translations were horrible. After i started playing the game again i started to use the german client because most of the other players did. It's just easier when you talk about certain quests, items or whatever has been translated by Blizzard.

If these issues can't be resolved this easily, i really think about switching back to the english client ...

What should i do? I don't like these kind of situations.

Comment

I tested switching to english and the waypoint is in the correct location.
        The problem is th german zone name is "Ruinen von Gilneas" and the citymap is also called "Ruinen von Gilneas".
        In english there are two names "Ruins of Gilneas" and "Ruins of Gilneas City", not as I thought also only one. The City is not in LibBabbleZone but in LibBabbleSubZone. There's a ticket at wowace to include it in LibBabbleZone.

I'll make a journey to that zone with a character to look what the german zone name really is.

Comment

Very strange, when traveling there you stay on the Gilneas zone map. You never enter the city map. Only when you click on the city you see the smaller map. The area ID is always 684.

Comment

So what does this mean..? That the coords were created on the (Ruins of) Gilneas City map and are correct in relation to it, but that map is never actually entered and the coords should be remapped onto (Ruins of) Gilneas? (Sorry for being vague, at the moment I don't have a high-level Hordie handy)

Comment

You don't need a high level character to see the problem. You only need a german WoW and then load the guide Horde Eastern Kingdoms 12-20 guide and go to step 64.
              Here are some screenshots of the problem.

This is the zone map (Ruins of Gilneas or Ruinen von Gilneas) with the wrong positioned waypoint (it should be somewhere on the road near the destroyed wall in the north - if you overlay the city map it would be correct):

The Cursor coordinates at the bottom of the map are the coordinates of the waypoint dot.

This shows the Ruins of Gilneas City map (Ruins of Gilneas City but also Ruinen von Gilneas), waypoint has the right coordinates but it is the wrong map:

And finally the map selection where you can see two Ruinen von Gilneas:

The strange thing is that two waypoints are set. That makes this problem different than the one with the Worgen starting zone.

Edit: I forgot to try TomTom: it puts only one waypoint at the correct location but on the city map. The dot on the zone map shows the waypoints position in the city. Still wrong but only because it uses the wrong zone. It's like a waypoint in Stormwind that's also visible on the Elwynn map.

Another edit: manually putting a TomTom waypoint on the Ruins of Gilneas zone map works.

Comment

Interesting. Investigating, thanks for the hints!

Comment

I fixed it for now, with a nasty workaround for deDE and ruRU - but will definitely opt for switching our mapping to either numeric zone IDs or GetMapInfo()-like zone texture names.

Comment

Working...
                  X