OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Waypoint Arrow after update 3.0.1573???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Waypoint Arrow after update 3.0.1573???

Just what it says in the title... I'm sure you guys are on it. I've updated 2-3 times today. Way to stay on top of it. I just tried to log in after the most recent update and found myself lacking the waypoint arrow....

I hope to get that bugga back asap.

Is it not there just on that quest? Or is it all quests? What race and level are you? Moving to bug forum.
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Sorry for the lack of details...

I'm currently lvl 44 Dwarf Hunter
      In the guide Eastern Kingdoms 40-45
      Guide Step 147. Lvl 43
      All quest steps up and down at least 10 steps won't show up on waypoint arrow. I've tried Right-Clicking on the coordinates and selecting 'Click to set your waypoint to these coordinates' and nothing happens.

Let me know what other info I can give to resolve the problem.

By the way, I was playing earlier today, around 7:00 or so and no problems... I believe it is associated with the last update I did right before I logged back in about an hour and a half ago.

Comment

Are you using the english client of world of warcraft?
        Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

yes I am. I live in USA

Comment

We'll see what we can do.
            Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Thanks for the fast reply Chaos... I'm sure you will have it taken care of in no time... The updates today have been awesome! I think I updated 3 times... except for this last one when I lost my waypoint, so far everything has gone very smooth.... On my Windows Boot Camp WoW... The Mac version of the guides have a great deal of issues on the other hand.

Comment

While it's being looked at would you like to try another arrow. There is the TomTom arrow. And the Carbonite Arrow which is the one I use.
                Carbonite:
                http://www.carboniteaddon.com/index.shtml
                TomTom:
                http://www.wowinterface.com/download...32-TomTom.html
                Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Can you scroll backward in the guide and find the first step you do see an arrow on? Thanks.
                  Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                  http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                  http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I just checked on our end and the waypoint does show for that step, and all steps around it. Please make sure the built-in waypoint is actually active in your options. We edited options today, so perhaps that option got messed up for you for some reason.
                    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Also if Zygor's fix doesn't work you may try deleting your ZygorGuidesViewer.lua and .bak file which can be found in World of Warcraft WTF Account SavedVariables folder. Before you do that though make note of the guide you are in and what step number you are on. Deleting that file will reset you guide options. And with the SIS not functioning to sync the guide to your character you will manually have to select the guide out of the list and then left click the right arrow until you are back to your step.
                      Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

I think you can also right click the next step arrow and fast forward through the steps you already completed.
                        I tested that section on a german WoW client and built in waypoints work.

Comment

I checked all quests back to lvl 41 and none of them popped up with the waypoint, even after left-clicking and selecting 'set waypoint to these coordinates'. I checked the waypoint options and indeed 'built-in waypoint' is selected.

Is there a way for me to go back to the version previous to the latest .1573 update? That would be something I could try.

I don't know what else it could be...

@Chaos... The SIS seems to be functioning properly, when I scrolled back to Lvl 41 quests to see if any showed the waypoint, when I was done, I right-clicked the forward button and SIS rolled through all the steps back to my current Lvl.

Comment

I can't see anything obvious in the guide. Could you try either the TomTom or Carbonite arrows to see if it works with them? It just might be a bug in the built in arrow.
                            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Well, I just opened ZygorUpdater and downloaded the newest update... Thank you, by the way. Didn't help, still no waypoint.

I did just download TomTom and activated the TomTom selection in the ZygorGuides options and it is working right so far. So I guess there is something up with the waypoint doohicky in ZygorGuides... Hope this helps narrow down the problem.

Thanks guys... I would really like to get the ZygorGuides waypoint back and don't consider the problem fixed, But at least I have a waypoint... Although not nearly as nice as yours!

Comment

Working...
                              X