This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I log in guide is gone back to start

Hi Guys tiny problem when I log in the guide is back at start not where i left off,so need to click it 200 odd steps to get it back. And I know your busy right now,but as i'm off on quite a lot don't want trigger finger ) hope you can help.

Thanks
    Brilliant job your doing

If this is resetting every time you log in it means you have a corrupted settings file. The file in question is the WoW/WTF/Account/accountname/SavedVariables/ZygorGuidesViewer.lua file. There are 2 possible solutions.

1) Permissions for the file are set to read only so that the guide can't write to the file for saving your position. To fix this (for Windows) right click on the file, select Properties, then on the General tab of the Properties window un-check the Read-only attribute at the bottom. Click Apply and close the window.

2) You'll have to allow the guides to create a new file. To do this delete the file (which will reset your guides) and then log into the game again.

Please let me know if either of these work for you.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Seems to have fixed itself

Originally posted by cabby View Post
      If this is resetting every time you log in it means you have a corrupted settings file. The file in question is the WoW/WTF/Account/accountname/SavedVariables/ZygorGuidesViewer.lua file. There are 2 possible solutions.

1) Permissions for the file are set to read only so that the guide can't write to the file for saving your position. To fix this (for Windows) right click on the file, select Properties, then on the General tab of the Properties window un-check the Read-only attribute at the bottom. Click Apply and close the window.

2) You'll have to allow the guides to create a new file. To do this delete the file (which will reset your guides) and then log into the game again.

Please let me know if either of these work for you.
      Hi sorry taking so long to answer and it seems to be ok now,never touched a thing )but will keep an eye on it and if happens again will follow your advice.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
      X