OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intallation Error: Blizzard Launcher must be in the same folder as blizzard updater

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intallation Error: Blizzard Launcher must be in the same folder as blizzard updater

Blizzard Launcher must be in the same folder as blizzard updater, it then tells me that I should run repair to get more info. I have run repair on both the zygor guides launch page and the repair option in the menu that appears if you right click the WoW desktop shortcut. The error only appears if I try and run WoW from the zygor launcher, however If I launch from the normal WoW shortcut I do not have access to Zygor Guides when I log in.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem....... I really hope it doesn't involve reinstalling the game.

sorry for the typo in the thread title

Goto your World of Warcraft folder. Go into Interface. Go into Addons. And see if these two folders are in there ZygorGuidesViewer and ZygorTalentAdvisor. Also it's just me personally but I would never try to launch WOW from something else beside the launcher itself. Not saying a problem with Zygor but if you get into the habit with that you may download something that has that and click it and it may have a keylogger in it where somebody will get you password. Take it or leave it it's just advice.
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

It sounds to me like you have two different WoW.exe files in separate directories and the Zygor Updater is pointing to the wrong one.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys, just solved it, somehow I managed to download the game and then download it again within a file that was within the game files of the first download, only one download had a launcher but both had wow.exe I moved the guides to the one with both deleted all the files in the other and now everything is working just fine.

Thanks again

Comment

Ok sense this is resolved I'm closing this thread. When you need more help please post in the Technical Forum.
          I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
          Twitter @Chaos5061.
          Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
          X