This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zygor Guides 3.x does not show 60-85

I am on a worgen death knight, now at level 83. I decided that I wasn't getting anywhere real fast so downloaded the latest Zygor guides. I was previously on version 2.0.1514.

I upgraded to v3.0.1588 1-85 guides. As part of the installation routine as this was a brand new version 3.x Zygor guides, I deleted the previous directories containing version 2.x in the appropriate WOW addons directory. Now, when WOW loads, I can certainly see the new interface from v3 but can only see levelling guides from 1-60. All the content I had previously for 60-80 are now gone.

As if that wasn't enough, I cannot see any guides for 80-85. I have followed all the suggestions from the Zygor Guides General Guide Discussion -> How to fix Version 3.0 Issues including deleting all Zygor related directories in both Addons and SavedVariables directories but nothing works.

Help!

Moved to bug forum. Just to be sure you did buy the preorder for the cataclysm upgrade right? The guides are just not the in the menu where you select the guide? No northrend section or outland section?
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Hi Chaos5061,

I certainly did buy the cataclysm upgrade. I can provide details in private if need be. The only guides I am seeing from the Guide Selection dropdown are;

Eastern Kingdoms 1-60
      --> Dwarf 1-5
      --> Gnome 1-5
      --> Dwarf & Gnome 5-15
      --> Human 1-15
      --> Death Knight 55-60
      --> Eastern Kingdoms 15-20
      --> Eastern Kingdoms 20-25

Kalimdor 1-60
      --> Draenei 1-11
      --> Night Elf 1-11
      --> Kalimdor 11-20
      --> Kalimdor 20-25

Bonus Guides
      --> Draenei Full Zone Bonus Guide

Outland 60-62

Alliance Dailies Guides (I won't detail subsections here)
      Alliance Event Guides (I won't detail subsections here)

Funny thing now that I am going through the guide sub sections...what happened to the guides from level 25-60? LOL. Was I not suppose to delete version 2.x guides???
      Last edited by laugher; December 11, 2010, 12:40 AM. Reason: Removed extensive bug report

Comment

Ok I'm going to let one of the Zygor team handle this. I'm not really a code guy just a moderator that can help people with some small things. Since you have done everything that was in the thread about fixing issues I really have nothing I can tell you sorry. They will either be on later tonight or the next day to help you.
        I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
        Twitter @Chaos5061.
        Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

It's not a code thing. Looks like the trial versions are installed.

Run your Zygor Updater, click Settings, enter your Zygor website username and password into the proper boxes, click OK, click Repair.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Woot! Fixed. Thanks Cabby and Chaos5061. So here is the story in case anyone else has this problem.

I downloaded the MANUAL Installation package from http://zygorguides.com/download.php while I was logged on as member. I would have thought that if I logged on as a member, it would allow me to download the FULL guide. I guess it was only the trial version as cabby suggested.

So I downloaded the Windows client instead and authenticated for it as part of Repair. It now all works. Thank you.

Question: Must I now use only the Windows Client to update? Or will the manual installation package be fixed subsequently so I can just manually update? I prefer manual as I kind of like to know where things are placed, where, etc.
            Last edited by laugher; December 11, 2010, 12:22 AM. Reason: Question added

Comment

It should have given you the full package with the manual download if you were logged in to the Members Area. This might have been a bug on the website side of things.

Personally I always use the Updater simply because it's really fast to use and you don't have to play games with a zip file.

I'm going to close this thread to mark the issue as resolved. If you have any further problems with the guides please don't hesitate to post it in the Technical Support forums. I'll also make sure the dev team know that there might be a bug with the manual download links.
              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
              X