Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Updater

Hi @ all

Have a porblem with the automatic Updater.

I launch it, he starts working and shows me that Updates are available. When I then press the Update Button it generates a checksum seems to start downloading but does nothing. One minute later the Update Button will be useabel again, and no Update was installed.

Its a W7 64bit Computer. And yes .Net is installed! And I too disabled any firewll.

Could you please help me?

Regards
    Andreas Berndorfer

Do you have anything running that could be blocking the guide from accessing the internet such as a firewall or software like BitDefender.
    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support 2 View Post
      Do you have anything running that could be blocking the guide from accessing the internet such as a firewall or software like BitDefender.
      As I wrote, I too disabled the firewall.

Comment

Are you running the client "As an Adminstrator"?
        Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support 2 View Post
          Are you running the client "As an Adminstrator"?
          Tried as normal User and Admionistrator Too. Did not help anything

Comment

Also, the Updater sometimes has problems with passwords that contain characters other than letters and numbers. If you have a password with any of those other 'special' characters you might want to change your password to one that only contains letters and numbers. You can do that inside the Members Area.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
              Also, the Updater sometimes has problems with passwords that contain characters other than letters and numbers. If you have a password with any of those other 'special' characters you might want to change your password to one that only contains letters and numbers. You can do that inside the Members Area.
              Sorry nothing more than letters and numbers. I'll change my password and try it again, but ......

Same like before. >Manual updating is best ;(

Comment

If anyone knows the solution to this problem, please post. I am having the same problem.

Comment

Hmm.. when you say you have .NET installed, which version?

Comment

Hmm.. when you say you have .NET installed, which version?
                    .NET 4.0 Standard W7, why? Normally don't have any problem with .NET programs

Comment

The Updater was designed with 2.0, so there's a small chance that the 4.0 install is missing a file that the Updater needs to run. Try un-installing the 4.0 stuff and grab a 2.0 install. Then after 2.0 is installed go thru the upgrading process to take it to 3.0, 3.5, and then 4.0. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Microsoft changed stuff around and doesn't include older framework files with the new 4.0 stuff.

Just trying to think of anything that might be preventing the Updater from running for you and this probably isn't the cause for your problems, but you never know. Just thinking of different things for covering the bases.

Comment

The Updater was designed with 2.0, so there's a small chance that the 4.0 install is missing a file that the Updater needs to run. Try un-installing the 4.0 stuff and grab a 2.0 install. Then after 2.0 is installed go thru the upgrading process to take it to 3.0, 3.5, and then 4.0. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Microsoft changed stuff around and doesn't include older framework files with the new 4.0 stuff.

Just trying to think of anything that might be preventing the Updater from running for you and this probably isn't the cause for your problems, but you never know. Just thinking of different things for covering the bases.
                        Hi Cabby
                        Bad news. Uninstalled .NET. Tried to install 2.0 - told me is really part of the os!!! Looked for installed Components. There is .NET 3.5.1 installed too. And there is .NET2 included- thats why the last message came. .NET4 is only client components.

But i tried to run Updater - Same Misbehaviour!

Try now to deactivate .NET 3.5.1 We'll see

Comment

Yeah, try unintalling any .NET stuff you might have and starting fresh with 2.0.

Like I said, no guarantee this is the cause of things but it's something to try.

Comment

Yeah, try unintalling any .NET stuff you might have and starting fresh with 2.0.

Like I said, no guarantee this is the cause of things but it's something to try.
                            Tried it. Seems that .NET2 is really part of the os. Couldn't install it because it is announced to be installed. When trying to run Updater it worked the same way as before. Don't think, that it is a .NET problem anymore.

Could it be a 64bit problem too?

Comment

Don't think it's a x64 problem because I'm running Win7 x64 (on my desktop) and have no problems with the updater. I'm sure it's probably something stupid and simple that we're all over-looking.

Let's see, you can run the Updater and the main window opens. That would indicate no major .NET issues. It's able to connect to the Zygor site to know that there's an update available. Can you see your name in the main window? When you do try to update does it give any kind of error messages? Are you by chance using any kind of proxy for connecting to the internet?

I'm not exactly sure what protocols the Updater uses but it might be possible that it uses http for accessing the account and update info but uses a different one for getting the files. Might also be a port forwarding issue if it's different ports for the two connections.

Again, just trying to come up with all sorts of different possibilities.

Comment

Working...
                              X