Talent Advisor v3.0.1625 Not Seeing Unspent Talent Points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talent Advisor v3.0.1625 Not Seeing Unspent Talent Points

I just installed v3.0.1625, and as a result finally got around to rebuilding my Hunter's talent tree. What I found is that the Talent Advisor is not recognizing any unspent Talent Points acquired past level 80, at least not for my Hunter anyway. Even though I have 3 unspent points Talent Advisor is telling me I have no available Talent Points.

I can go read the LUA build file in the Builds folder and see what they're supposed to be spent on, so no big deal there other than the 'Oops, you bad boy" popup message saying basically that you've deviated from the 'Plan'.

Right now, as far as Talent Advisor is concerned, Talent Points are effectively capped at 36, level 80 in other words.

Can you please submit a bug report? Directions: http://www.zygorguides.com/help/bug.php
    May have to be made into 2 posts if too big.
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I would if there was any type of LUA error message for it. I thought I'd mentioned that, but I see I didn't.

To be honest, this bug has been in existence for Hunters going back to the first v4.03 specific build of Zygor. I had assumed it was part and parcel of the talent builds not going past level 80, which is why I hadn't mentioned it until this build was released. I'm assuming the lack of an LUA error message points to code left over from the pre-v4.03 builds that didn't get updated.

Come to think of it, another point I forgot to bring up...

The advisor doesn't seem to like a Marksmanship build to have a Bear/Tenacity style pet as its primary pet. It's complaining that the Bear/Tenacity pet build is for a Beast Master build and not for a Marksmanship build, and as such doesn't want to apply the Tenacity template. Again, there is no error message to go along with this. This probably came about because, pre-v4.03, from day one I always ran my toon as a Beastmaster but, after a while of seeing the Cataclysm Hunter changes in use, when full Cataclysm was released I switched over to a Marksmanship build.

So, due to a lack of LUA error messages, I have no way of giving you anything specific to point you at. All I can do is tell you what is happening.

Comment

The thread 'Hunter Pet Builds' surely does address the issue about pet builds for the short term. I'm guessing those extra 4 pet talents that the Beast Master build gets are what's accounting for the problem, so I presume the fix for it will include both Beast Master and Non-Beast Master specific pet builds. Any idea of when the pet builds will be updated to levels 81-85?

Any hint of a time frame for fixing the Unspent Talent Point bug? Sort of academic for me now since I've reached level 85 but, what the heck, I figured I might as well ask. ;-)

Comment

Working...
        X