Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't install Zygor guides

Hi,just recently bought Zygor guides.

Sorry to bother you with that, been reading and trying everything, but Zygor is only recognizing the WoW launcher, not the interface/addon so when I click on install nothing happens.

What should I do ?

Thanks for your help

Moved your post to its own thread under tech support.
    Since Im the Mac guy Ill let another mod work with you.
    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Thank you, and sorry for posting in the wrong spot

Comment

Originally posted by rigolax View Post
        Thank you, and sorry for posting in the wrong spot
        Nah, you're good.
        Its a new way of doing things to help the tech team focus on the stuff we as mods cant help you all with.
        No worries.
        "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

What OS are you running? Also, if you could, can you post a screen shot of the Zygor Updater Settings window?
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

My OS is Windows 7, and here is the screen shot of the the setting window

Comment

Hmm... that looks like it's ok in the settings since it's not the default installation directory. Now (no screen shots needed) the Updater shows your name and purchased guides on the main screen? Another possibility, do you have any special characters in your password, anything other than letters and numbers? If you do log into the Members Area here at the website and change it to only letters and numbers because those other characters can sometimes mess with the Updater.

Comment

Yes, the updater shows both my name and guides bought.

And there are no special characters in my password, just letters and numbers.

Comment

Ok, then if nothing happens when you click the install button that would mean something is blocking the internet connection to the file server. Double check any firewalls you might have. Also, go to your control panel, then select internet options. Now on the connections tab click lan settings and make sure the automatically detect settings box is checked.

Comment

Ok, I can post back again.

Now, I was wondering if there could be a problem of language ? See, my World of Warcraft is in French, and I downloaded the Zygor Guides in English.

Could it be the problem ?

Also, checked my Windows firewalls and there are turned off.

Now, maybe the antivirus, but I remembered authorizing the access for Zygor.
                    Last edited by rigolax; December 27, 2010, 12:56 PM. Reason: changing from test message

Comment

The WoW language shouldn't be a problem, we have plenty of people that use a non-English WoW client.

Did you go to your Control Panel and check those Internet Options that I listed above?

Comment

Is the addons folder in the updater really the correct addons folder?
                        On Vista and Windows 7 WoW may use something like "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Blizzard Entertainment\World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons". I don't know when WoW uses this folder, maybe only if you install WoW inside "Program Files" as this is a protected folder. I did not install WoW for a while as I only copy it from on Computer to the other

Comment

Thank you for trying real hard to help me with my problem.

So, I just went to check the folder Cartman told me, but I only found a Logs and Updates folders - along with Blizzard Updater, wow patches and EU Updater to 4.0.0.12911.

No Interface/AddOns. I tried to create these and changed the path for Zygor Guides install, but it still won't do it.

I remember having installed stuff like cartographer, auctionneer, enchantrix and others in the patch I initially choose for Zygor's Guides, the F:\CZY-RGX\Jeux\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns

There are still old addons in there.

Comment

I managed to find my Antivirus - BitDefender 2010 - and turn off the firewall, and changed to Gamer mode.

But still, ZG won't install. Be it on the F:\ or the folder Cartman told about, with the Interface\AddOns created.

Comment

Have you tried to do a manual installation into your F: drive to see if it shows up in game?

Comment

Working...
                              X