Talent Trees confusing or broke.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talent Trees confusing or broke.

I'm playing a Balance Druid but I imagine it doesn't matter to the Talent Adviser.

Why place the (secondary) Restoration talent points before the (primary) Balance talent points? I mean, if "Balance" is the main trunk and we're not able to fill in other trees until the main tree has already been selected, it doesn't make much sense to tell the user to start off by choosing Resto points. Just saying.

------------------------------------

I'm not sure *what* happened to my build but I had to reset it. I thought the adviser became bugged. Then I experience the above issue.

What caused me to reset? I'm not really sure but it seemed like even though I was a "Balance" build the adviser was trying to make me choose something "outside" what the adviser *should* have been advising for.

I've got two more 80's to level and will be paying close attention to this issue to see if maybe my interpretation was skewed or if the guide actually has an issue.

AH HAAAAAA!

It did it again.

Think I may have figured it out.

OK, here's the situation:

Say you've selected the 'Balance' tree for Druid (your primary build). You config it. When you say 'learn' the adviser tells you your talents have been properly selected. Switch to your 'Restoration' build (your secondary build) by clicking the 'Activate' button in the WOW interface. The adviser says your talents do not match the selected build. Issue #1: The adviser still thinks you are on the Balance build but you have the Restoration build selected. So you switch them by opening the Zygor configuration menu and select Restoration. Now everything lines up and you are told your Resto build is properly configured.

So you switch back over to the primary build (balance) and BOOM! Issue #2: The Adviser tells you your talents match but they have been selected in the wrong order. Wasn't I just told they were ok? Why the ambiguity?

Comment

The talent advisor doesn't handle the dual specs very well right now. This is something Zygor wants to fix, but for now you have to always switch the talent advisor the the build you have active. It won't remember which one is primary or secondary and automatically switch for you.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Ah, ok. Thanks for getting back with me. It was really confusing the heck out of me. After a toon was dormant for a while, whenever I go back and I see my talents aren't set up correctly, I'll spend gold to reset them. It gets costly. lol

Comment

If it says out of order it's not a problem. But says broken then there is a problem and you need to respec if you want to use the talen advisor.
          I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
          Twitter @Chaos5061.
          Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Dual spec support for the talent advisor is pretty high on the wishlist.
            For now the only way to handle dual spec is how you did it: after changing specs configuring the talent advisor to the other spec.

Comment

Levelling a new toon I noticed that even with only 1 talent point spent it says that the talents have been chosen out of order!

Comment

Hello. I want to tell you about a incomplete talent tree. Druid Restoration is stop at lvl 80, not get the update to 81-85 points advice. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X