Distance isn't working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Distance isn't working.

I have no idea why this is happening. Zygor's Guide is apparently giving no Lua errors.

When the waypoint updates, it'll display under it the distance to the target (at the moment it's showing 914m), but no matter how much I move about, it continues to show the exact same number for the distance (914m even though I'm now in another zone).

It used to work (Yesterday) but as of today, it doesn't. The only changes I have made since yesterday to my addons are removing Titan Panel (and it's plugins) and sexymap, and I installed Bazooka and nUi (And a few plugins for it). As far as I know, neither of these should interfere with the waypoint and as I said, The guide isn't generating any errors.

EDIT: Okay, I've just noticed that it seems to work fine when the Minimap Infopanel is active, but will not work if it is not.

Yes, the guide relies on the minimap to be shown. Some users also had issues with SexyMap when using the HUD.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
      Yes, the guide relies on the minimap to be shown. Some users also had issues with SexyMap when using the HUD.
      I've never noticed this problem before, to be honest despite using Sexymap's hud. but I think for now, I'll just remove my minimap addons and let the default Blizzard one show.

Comment

I don't know if there's a general problem getting coordinates when using these addons or if it is just the way ZygorGuide handles this. Maybe the developers can look into this as the problem comes up pretty frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
          I don't know if there's a general problem getting coordinates when using these addons or if it is just the way ZygorGuide handles this. Maybe the developers can look into this as the problem comes up pretty frequently.
          The thing is, I've noticed anyway, that the guide gets the coordinates just fine if the minimap isn't visible.

If I talk to NPC1, who is to the east of NPC2, and get a quest to talk to NPC2, the arrow will appropriately point west and tell me it's 47m away. That part works fine, but when you move around, it doesn't update. It stays at 47m. That's just my observation anyway.

Comment

That's very strange but known to the developers. I'm sure if they have time when the bugs are solved they will look into this problem.

Comment

It's a known issue with the Astrolabe library we're using. And, a toughie to work around :/ Upon analysis I don't think it's possible to just make it work somehow, it'd require reworking of Astrolabe's map notes recalculation schedule, making Astrolabe entirely un-upgradeable until it has the issue solved. Maybe something like
              Code:
              /run Minimap:Show() Minimap:SetAlpha(0)
              helps temporarily?

Comment

I know this is an old thread but this same problem just happened to me. The arrow was there and would move but the distance wouldn't change. I had accidentally turned off my mini map. When I enabled the map the distance started working again.

Comment

Originally posted by dave78 View Post
                  I know this is an old thread but this same problem just happened to me. The arrow was there and would move but the distance wouldn't change. I had accidentally turned off my mini map. When I enabled the map the distance started working again.
                  I believe that the map handling system hasn't changed. The minimap has to be open for the waypoint to work

Comment

Problem given a definite fix. Please tell in this thread if the problem persists after updating to a revision greater than 2666.

Comment

You mean when 2666 is released? the newest version now is 2644. Just want to make sure in case a update didn't make it live.
                      I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
                      Twitter @Chaos5061.
                      Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Uhm, yes, I'm sorry, I'm being a newbie here and not really acquainted with the model how the changes get to public. The fix exists from version 2665, with 2666 being a better fix, not in earlier versions.

Comment

Hello,

I am having the problem with the pointer not counting down the yds to destination. Everything else is working fine. I have downloaded nUI and several of it's mods. Don't know if this is the cause of the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by shurock52 View Post
                            Hello,

I am having the problem with the pointer not counting down the yds to destination. Everything else is working fine. I have downloaded nUI and several of it's mods. Don't know if this is the cause of the problem.
                            Your problem is nUI. I had the same problem. nUI is trying to move all the "buttons" on the minimap to the button bag. Sometimes it grabs the arrows and stuff.

You can add an exception for Zygor's guide to the button bag system but that'll be overwriten every time you update nUI.

Comment

Thank for reporting the problem. Indeed, any addon willing to mess with map markers is going to break calculations. We can probably try making nUI play nice, let me try this.

Comment

Working...
                              X